Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Wolves (a new beginning)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The discussion is on Liverpool fans as a whole. The biggest Liverpool forum on the internet is a worthy source.

then go give out to them and leave us alone.

Delighted with the starting 11 anyway, hoping Lucas and Aquilani can form something beautiful in the middle of the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

great effort by torres there. Great start by the pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Aquliani's physique is very much like Jamie Redknapp's. The way he runs in the straight backed motion, the way he holds himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Aquaman looking super so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Liverpool have started very well imo and if they get an early enough goal this could end up a brilliant performance. The worry is the breakthrough doesent come and they and the crowd get anxious whilst Wolves gain in belief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Aquaman looking super so far.

It must be said, he's got a class touch.

good start by pool but would like to see us get an early goal to settle the nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Pretty poor so far tbh. Gerrard has looked his usual (for this season)disinterested self so far. Getting worried about Carragher's pace more with every game.

And chance for Wolves there. We have to be our our guard here. Not a bad team at all Wolves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Pretty poor so far tbh. Gerrard has looked his usual (for this season)disinterested self so far. Getting worried about Carragher's pace more with every game.

Havent watched many Liverpool games this season, but I noticed that about Gerrard against Portsmouth. It was shocking how much he lacked his usual drive and enthusiasm. Id swear for the life of me that he looked like he was carrying some sort of injury. Has he had any bad knocks this season?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anyone got a decent link for this game please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Shockin marking for that corner. Doyle should've scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

heh, Zonal Marking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Decent chance there for Wolves like, can't see them getting any better ones tha that.

The Liverpool fans are shocking though, blatently been outsung by Wolves fans. If you didn't know where the game was being playing played you would say Molineux.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Havent watched many Liverpool games this season, but I noticed that about Gerrard against Portsmouth. It was shocking how much he lacked his usual drive and enthusiasm. Id swear for the life of me that he looked like he was carrying some sort of injury. Has he had any bad knocks this season?
    Depends who you believe. He's either injured or else he's on the move in the January/Summer window. I've already made my mind up on which TBH.

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Anyone got a decent link for this game please?
    see previous page. Posted link

Reina's been our player of the season so far, which sums it up.

That Milias bloke of Wolves looks quality from what i've seen of him over the past couple of months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anfield needs to get going for the lads.

and the lads need to give them something to cheer about.

gerrard is an embarrassment this season.

stick lucas further forward and see how he does in his original position.

Decent chance there for Wolves like, can't see them getting any better ones tha that.

The Liverpool fans are shocking though, blatently been outsung by Wolves fans. If you didn't know where the game was being playing played you would say Molineux.

Been like that for years now. No different than OT,Bridge or Emirates. Reality of the modern game is the real supporters attend the away games more than the home ones.

SlickRic wrote: »

Think we are being very hard on Gerrard. He is doing well enough at moment. Should be up to other players to step up. And great pass by Gerrard into torres there

• Advertisement

Shocking pass from Gerrard!!!

What a finish by Torres, albeit offside. That was quality!!!

I imagine a lot of the fans there tonight are not regulars, and are there as a Christmas present. Boxing day games against lower tier teams such as Wolves are ideal as its far handier get a ticket as they are not as in demand as the bigger games, and provide an opportunity for fans who dont get to Anfield often or at all to get to a game.

Not a bad team at all Wolves

Haha.

They're awful, absolutely awful and that has been shown by most sides who have played against them this season.

Typical "Oh they're not a bad side at all" excuse for a so far pathetic performance.

Wolves fans singing "Wheres your famous atmosphere"

Think we are being very hard on Gerrard. He is doing well enough at moment. Should be up to other players to step up. And great pass by Gerrard into torres there

no we're not.

he's one our 2 best players; and therefore should act like it.

he may provide the odd bit of quality, but he doesn't have the drive he should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Depends who you believe. He's either injured or else he's on the move in the January/Summer window. I've already made my mind up on which TBH.

So has his dad going by the way he has been spouting off in the Swan for the last few weeks. Summer not January going by his dad's drink fuelled rants.

Wolves get a few attacks and the team seems to go to pieces almost straight away for a spell.

Archimedes wrote: »

He was out for a stretch with a groin issue which some injections were meant to have taken care of. I dont think this is the issue though, because since he came back from that he's been intermittently very good and very bad, just seems like some days he's up for it and others he's not. Increasingly the latter unfortunately.

I think if we were to look at stats, i would imagine his km's covered per game is about what it always is, its just his decision making and pass execution which have really dropped this season. He needs to calm down, look up and take the easy pass to keep possession high up the pitch more often. Rather then always wanting to play the killer pass, in his current form he'd be better served playing back to goal, holding the ball, playing off to Aqui or Yossi and bursting in looking for the pass again. To be fair, he's done that a bit today, like his simple one two with Johnson, and it very nearly worked out well.

Can't believe Gerrard hasn't been booked yet.

I haven't seen lunges that wild since ... oh about Christmas Eve mass in the Vatican :D

Haha.

They're awful, absolutely awful and that has been shown by most sides who have played against them this season.

Typical "Oh they're not a bad side at all" excuse for a so far pathetic performance.

Not true actually, they've taken 7 points from games against Villa, Fulham and Burnley - teams from which Man Utd have taken 0 points this season. They've also beat Spurs away, beaten Bolton and drawn with Everton. They're a more than capable side who at the moment, are pushing towards the middle of table on their own merit.

But hey, lets not bring logic into your petty little argument.

he's one our 2 best players; and therefore should act like it.

It would be virtually impossible for anyone to motivate themselves to play infront of that crowd.

Absolutely pathetic.

• Advertisement

we've been pretty poor, but Nando really does get the sh*t kicked into him most games.

Torres not a happy camper at the moment

m83 wrote: »
    Can't believe Gerrard hasn't been booked yet.

I haven't seen lunges that wild since ... oh about Christmas Eve mass in the Vatican :D

Contact with the Pope was minimal in my opinion. I thought he went down very easy!!

Haha.

Ignore button activated.

Torres not a happy camper at the moment
    I'm sick of his mouthing off. Awful to see that creep into his game. Ref needs to book him if he does it again.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Contact with the Pope was minimal in my opinion. I thought he went down very easy!!

Lucky he wasnt booked for diving. Could easily have been a yellow card-inal...

Okay I'll be away then. Bye.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

liverpool are brutal again :(

He need's a three mass ban :pac:

My God, we're a shambles at the back!!!

• Advertisement

Nando really does get the sh*t kicked into him most games.

Welcome to the real world.

It happens to most decent strikers in the Premier League, not just Torres.

It would be virtually impossible for anyone to motivate themselves to play infront of that crowd.

Absolutely pathetic.

He should be able to motivate himself to play his best in a fanless field in the middle of nowhere! He's the club captain, a liverpool local and paid a shedload of cash for christs sake!

poor effort from Lucas. team falling back a bit after a good enough start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Gerrard has an eye on the world cup imo.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He should be able to motivate himself to play his best in a fanless field in the middle of nowhere!

At Anfield then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Been watching now for the past 15 mins or so, nobody seems to dangerous so far. Liverpool have all the possesion up until the final 3rd where they hit almost 2 banks of Wolves players, have a feeling this could be another draw. Going to be very hard to break through Wolves unless someone can pull off a little bit of magic.

• Advertisement

My God, we're a shambles at the back!!!
    Agreed. I miss the big Finn.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Giving the ball away way too often, way too easily! Defence looks shakey as hell as per usual this season. Won't feel safe till it's 3-0 with 1 min to go!

At Anfield then?

oh, see what you did there.

I'd love a second striker playing right up with Torres, beit Gerrard or someone else, just someone so only 1 CB can stick to Torres rather then having 2 watching every move he makes.

And gerrard wastes a good corner. Come of lads get it going again

At Anfield then?
    And there's me thinking the schools where off for the xmas break.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement