Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Wolves (a new beginning)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Big point in this game for Wolves if they can keep up the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Archimedes wrote: »
    Havent watched many Liverpool games this season, but I noticed that about Gerrard against Portsmouth. It was shocking how much he lacked his usual drive and enthusiasm. Id swear for the life of me that he looked like he was carrying some sort of injury. Has he had any bad knocks this season?

He's had problems with his groin all season long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

m83 wrote: »
    I'm sick of his mouthing off. Awful to see that creep into his game. Ref needs to book him if he does it again.

true.

i hate it too.

he's being kicked shamelessly, had a random forearm in the face, and is probably frustrated at the lack of service and support.

his reactions are somewhat understandable, even though i'd prefer not to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Johnson has been awful so far. Horrible distribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ming makes a good save from Johnson.

Welcome to the real world.

It happens to most decent strikers in the Premier League, not just Torres.

did i say it didn't?

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Been like that for years now. No different than OT,Bridge or Emirates. Reality of the modern game is the real supporters attend the away games more than the home ones.

"real supporters"

That's nonsense. The reality is that younger people tend to drink more, sing more and get more rowdy than older people. Generalisation, I know, but it's true. Add in the fact that the average age of a Premiership season ticket holder is 44 and it doesn't take too much to figure out what the main reason is.

I'd love to see you tell some old boy who's been going to Anfield since the 60's and hasn't missed a game that he isn't a real supporter just because he doesn't sing a song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Wait for the boos now when the half time whistle blows.

The loudest the Liverpool fans will be all evening :rolleyes:

Actually, they couldn't even bring themselves to boo :)

Kess73 wrote: »
    Ming makes a good save from Johnson.
    He'll need to keep it up if Wolves are gonna keep a clean sheet; they're clueless when it comes to the final third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

half time. muted response from supporters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    "real supporters"

That's nonsense. The reality is that younger people tend to drink more, sing more and get more rowdy than older people. Generalisation, I know, but it's true. Add in the fact that the average age of a Premiership season ticket holder is 44 and it doesn't take too much to figure out what the main reason is.

I'd love to see you tell some old boy who's been going to Anfield since the 60's and hasn't missed a game that he isn't a real supporter just because he doesn't sing a song.

Put him in his place. Well said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Liverpool are really missing Stephen Gerrard out there, despite him being on the pitch. He just doesent seem the same threat as he can be atm. Que a 2nd half hattrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

m83 wrote: »
    He'll need to keep it up if Wolves are gonna keep a clean sheet; they're clueless when it comes to the final third.

agreed, liverpool would be loosing vs a half decent team

Traditionally a Liverpool supporter since I was 5.. Hate them by now. They really are bad example of a Premiership club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    "real supporters"

"young people tend to drink more"..not round where i drink anyway. lightweights the lot of them.:p

Kess73 wrote: »
    So has his dad going by the way he has been spouting off in the Swan for the last few weeks. Summer not January going by his dad's drink fuelled rants.

Really? I'd still be utterly surprised if he did leave like, can't see where he'd end up,

Would he join United - Never IMO.

Chelsea probably would be the best option but they could end up with a transfer ban.

He certainly wouldn't fit into Barca or Madrid's side and he doesn't exactly have time on his side anymore.

He surely wouldn't leave Liverpool to go to an Inter or AC Milan side.

Can't see him leaving to be honest.

Traditionally a Liverpool supporter since I was 5.. Hate them by now. They really are bad example of a Premiership club.

That's like my relationship with the Catholic Church :pac:

Really? I'd still be utterly surprised if he did leave like, can't see where he'd end up,

Would he join United - Never IMO.

Chelsea probably would be the best option but the could end up with a transfer ban.

He certainly wouldn't fit into Barca or Madrid's side and he doesn't exactly have time on his side anymore.

He surely wouldn't leave Liverpool to go to an Inter or AC Milan side.

Can't see him leaving to be honest.

Benitez will go before Gerrard. And probably not by choice.

Oh sweet jesus. Your right about everything. Think i'll go out and buy a Chelsea/City jersey tomorrow.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebus that was a diabolical half for liverpool

wolves on the other hand are playing great stuff, stifling liverpools play and looking dangerous on the attack

poor ebanks just needs a goal to get that confidence back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

In fairness Liverpool fans are better than most in terms of booing. No matter the result tonight they'll still sing You'll Never Walk Alone at the end. It's the proper way to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

That just makes me laugh.

nuxxx wrote: »
    agreed, liverpool would be loosing vs a half decent team
    yes ill say it again. team lacks pace. build ups are incredibly slow. But we must keep the faith. Positive thoughts folks, positive thoughts.

Your bang on the money there alright. Terrible example.:rolleyes: What is it with this thread today.

Think i'll go out and buy a Chelsea/City jersey tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me, you do seem like a lad who thinks football began with the creation of the Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

How has Aquilani been playing?

8-10 wrote: »
    It's the proper way to be.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Your bang on the money there alright. Terrible example.:rolleyes: What is it with this thread today.

You

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

First half over.

Started brightly but faded as soon as Wolves made some attacks and became poor from then on.

The lesser lights in the team have been pretty competent today, Aurelio, Insua, and Lucas all going about their business.

Aquilani has looked skillful when the ball gets played through him, so much so that I think he is wasted in the centre with our set up. He needs to be further forward.

Carragher is making me nervous every time Wolves come forward, he has not been badly caught out yet, but a number of times when Wolves attacked he was badly out of position, only to be spared blushes by the ball being intercepted before it got to where he should have been.

Torres is annoying with his now almost constant whinging from the first whistle. Yes he is getting some tasty treatment, but all top strikers get that, but he still is getting into good positions so if the ball gets to him I would fancy him to bury it.

Johnson is working hard and it is not quite coming off for him...yet. But he did force a good save from their keeper and his energy will be a factor when legs get tired in the second half.

Gerrard has been generally poor again. Touted as world class yet has played as badly today and all season as Lucas is meant to have done in the past. No signs of passion or interest in the game, and pretty much going through the motions out there yet again.

Yossi for some reason looks out of sorts on the right, and is making me wish that Babel was on the bench for this game to cover the right side in the second half.

Pepe has been our best player in that half as his saves have made the difference for us at our end.

All in all it has been another poor performance and again with close to a full strength first 11 against a supposed weaker team.

Can we please quit the casual bitching and thread spoiling? It's wearing very thin.

• Advertisement

Seeing plenty of the ball. But have not seen him take a shot on goal since he has been here. not that i can recall anyway

Headshot wrote: »
    jebus that was a diabolical half for liverpool

wolves on the other hand are playing great stuff, stifling liverpools play and looking dangerous on the attack

poor ebanks just needs a goal to get that confidence back

all of this is so true it hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

it doesnt take much to stiffle us at the moment. 0 confidence across our best players...

Very average. Not a great time to be coming into the team when we are so low on confidence.:(

Seeing plenty of the ball. But have not seen him take a shot on goal since he has been here. not that i can recall anyway

he has taken a few that i remember...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Hopefully Wolves can kick on now and win the game.

Liverpool have relegation battlers form and they're performing like relegation battlers today.

When you think of the team Benitez has out today this is dire stuff for any Pool fan to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He hasn't given the ball away and making good, albeit simple, passes. Lucas has had 2 terrible strikes of the ball. Hope Aquilani gets in one of those positions at least once.

Gerrard looks like he has something wrong with him. This is the first Liverpool game I've watched since Lyon in October so I can't comment on recent form but he doesn't look himself.

In a game like this I'd prefer Aurelio at fullback. His best role in the team is making sure Stevie doesn't take corners. He isn't threatening going forward.

Anyway I'm sticking with my initial prediction of 2-0....have 5/1 on it. Come on the lads.

interesting comment by Barton there. Aqualani has been fit for two months but rafa has not chosen to start him

Two shocking decisions there.

Gerrard should have been in the book for another late challenege and that should have been a free kick on the edge of the box to Wolves for a handball.

Surprise, surprise - A Wolves player is booked :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

interesting comment by Barton there. Aqualani has been fit for two months but rafa has not chosen to start him

in all fairness, I'm going to trust the judgements and opinions of those inside the club more then those outside.

good effort by gerrard there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebus what happened there ??

edit

down to 10

that ref got it right in the end but mg he took his time getting there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Bring on Pacheo Rafa...we need a bit of spark.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    in all fairness, I'm going to trust the judgements and opinions of those inside the club more then those outside.

why do people so much faith in footballers or ex-footballers opinions, the majority of them are uneducated, thick louts. the ones that arent leave the game or go into management or coaching. the ones that become pundits are the ones the fell short of management or coaching imo...

ward off, thought the ref changed his mind there!!

Shocking from the linesman to get it wrong from that position.

WTF Ref??!

3 points to Liverpool guaranteed.

Andre Marriner showing how inept he is again - What a complete shambles of a referee.

Terrible that a Wolves player has been sent off when Gerrard has been getting away with late lunges all evening.

why do people so much faith in footballers or ex-footballers opinions, the majority of them are uneducated, thick louts. the ones that arent leave the game or go into management or coaching. the ones that become pundits are the ones the fell short of management or coaching imo...

yes that was a bit bizarre alright with ward

• Advertisement

Lee Dixon is excellent on MoTD tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement