Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Wolves (a new beginning)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

LOL at the UTD fans in here wanting to be offended by Liverpool so much that the obvious piss taking and sarcasm is flying way over there heads!

Oh, and Liverpool for the league!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think Villa have done alright to be fair.
    Bandit12 wrote: »
    If and when they finish in the top four i'll grant you that otherwise kop on.

Precisely.

Exactly the way Liverpool weren't the 'Big One' just because we were top this time last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

LOL at the UTD fans in here wanting to be offended by Liverpool so much that the obvious piss taking and sarcasm is flying way over there heads!

Oh, and Liverpool for the league!!
    agreed. Amazing how some cant take a joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

they know its sarcasm, which is apparently the lowest form of humour (prop comedy is imo) but they are so desperate and willing to show off their superiority that they will act dumb to this low form of humour just to get some sort of sideways dig in. you have to wonder that if they are that minimalist what else their desperation to succeed and win drove them to.... i really wonder :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jazzy wrote: »
    they know its sarcasm, which is apparently the lowest form of humour (prop comedy is imo) but they are so desperate and willing to show off their superiority that they will act dumb to this low form of humour just to get some sort of sideways dig in. you have to wonder that if they are that minimalist what else their desperation to succeed and win drove them to.... i really wonder :)

I would ask you to please not tar all United fans with the same brush. I was in here posting at the start of the Liverpool match, trying to at least contribute something constructive to this thread, but some people are more intent on turning this place into a jungle of stupidity. Many of the United fans on Boards who contribute properly on this forum are just as pissed off as you lot at how we've been over-run by these idiots, and how they've given us all a bad name. And yes, most of them are United fans unfortunately. Thats not the proper United fans fault. You've been around quite a while, you know what the forum was like even 2 years ago - it was such a different place. What I would ask from Liverpool fans is to put the trolls on ignore. You know who they are, its the same people coming into every thread with the same bullsh*t every time. If everybody puts them on ignore, then maybe, just maybe the troll will die. Its beyond a joke now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fuhrer wrote: »
    heh, Zonal Marking

yawn did you see the Chelsea game this morning? Birmingham man to man marking all game and never won a header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Archimedes wrote: »
    I would ask you to please not tar all United fans with the same brush. I was in here posting at the start of the Liverpool match, trying to at least contribute something constructive to this thread, but some people are more intent on turning this place into a jungle of stupidity. Many of the United fans on Boards who contribute properly on this forum are just as pissed off as you lot at how we've been over-run by these idiots, and how they've given us all a bad name. And yes, most of them are United fans unfortunately. Thats not the proper United fans fault. You've been around quite a while, you know what the forum was like even 2 years ago - it was such a different place. What I would ask from Liverpool fans is to put the trolls on ignore. You know who they are, its the same people coming into every thread with the same bullsh*t every time. If everybody puts them on ignore, then maybe, just maybe the troll will die. Its beyond a joke now.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Steven Gerrard wins the ESPN man of the match. Think it was well deserved.

He scores goals.....only bigger!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

+1 to this, this recent population explosion in a certain type of poster isn't the fault of decent fans. Blame the parents myself, for letting them on the broadband so much.

aye tis true arch. yourself, PHB, mitch & co are some of the best posters on this board. its just pissing off that it happens to be every match thread and every day on the big threads. i know there are liverpool fans too that are bad for that sort of behaviour and do nothing to help. its just irritating to think how this place was and now what its turned into :/

ah well, c'est la vie. im off out to club 92 now :) roysh loike ya know

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    aye tis true arch. yourself, PHB, mitch & co are some of the best posters on this board. its just pissing off that it happens to be every match thread and every day on the big threads. i know there are liverpool fans too that are bad for that sort of behaviour and do nothing to help. its just irritating to think how this place was and now what its turned into :/

ah well, c'est la vie. im off out to club 92 now :) roysh loike ya know

I totally agree. Look, I know full well who these people are. As soon as I see the name above a post, Im cringing before I even read their post. Anyone out there who is sick of it then send me a PM, and I will PM back a list of names for you to put on ignore and bam, problem solved, you'll find conversations are a lot smoother and much more enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

In fairness it's the same people responding to the bait, this thread and the liverpool super thread typify what an absolute awful forum this can be at time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

fishing.jpg

chomp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

nice pics

Yes agree with the above sentiments but it isnt just the united fans. Other posters from clubs stir as well and im not going to mention who they are as we have been down that road.
    End of the day we maybe need to develop a thicker skin but yeah if one poster is constantly going out of his way to cause a reaction just dont react.

zAbbo wrote: »
    In fairness it's the same people responding to the bait, this thread and the liverpool super thread typify what an absolute awful forum this can be at time.

This is true, but sometimes its hard. Sometimes that first post can come off as genuine, so you try to debate or explain the situation, and boom, 3 posts later you realise its escalated into the height of retardation.

To keep this vaguely on topic, a bit more aggression from Aquilani and we could have a very good player. Get him on whatever program that changed N'Gog into someone who could use his body weight effectively as well as giving a few months of consistent play and we can look towards a successful second season (this year is nigh on a write off anyway). As well as getting 4th place sewn up, everything for the rest of the year has to be geared towards getting things all geared up to hit the ground running next year - Pacheco getting more first team football is a definate step in the right direction.

Very exciting to see the likes of him, as well as kakuta over at Chelsea, stepping up to show what the future of the league will be like. With the amount of foreign plundering the top english clubs have been up to I think this is only the beginning.

Yes was a big move by Rafa leaving out both Ngog and Kuyt. But thought we did well out wide in the second half. And good to see Benny doing well today. He has been struggling a bit as of later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glad I was otherwise engaged in off pitch activity for this thread. When he first appeared I thought therokerroar might be okay...

With my Wolves shirt on it sounds like they did okay until the sending off which is good to hear, with my red bobblehat perched on top, any win is a good win right now. Glad Gerrard scored as it might just remind him of the rewards for application.

mike65 wrote: »
    Glad Gerrard scored as it might just remind him of the rewards for application.

This. Those that said it was a big goal earlier were right, piss take or not. It will give him a boost in confidence - something he desperately needed. He looked genuinely delighted when he scored so it could lead to him rediscovering his form. Its as simple as this - when Gerrard gets back to form, so will Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Arsenal and Villa drawing tomorrow i think would be the best result for us ahead of tuesdays big game. As for the Gerrard debate at the end of the day he is still our biggest goal threat outside of Torres. That we judge him on his own high standards I think says a lot. Do we hold the rest of team up to the same standards?

Do we hold the rest of team up to the same standards?

I think Benayoun is someone who ye are beginning to expect nothing but stellar performances from too, and rightly so. He's fast on his way to joining Torres and Gerrard as your most important players, if he's not already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Well said. Had added 3 people to my ignore list before reading this post. Utter tripe being spoutted. Liverpool fans scalded for being happy because Steven Gerrard, the man we rely on soooo often, scores a goal and gives the team/supporters a much needed lift considering the poor season we've been having so far.
    Very curious about the age/mentality of some of these posters.

Anyway, 2-0, clean sheet (luckily I feel), no major complaints but still some concerns.
    Bring on Villa!!!!!!
    :)

yeah i agree with that. yossi has been marvelous for a good year and a half now and im constantly expecting big things of him. fairly savvy buy for only £6m for us. i remember when he was bought he was a replacement for luis garcia and as much as a legend luis was (yeah he was crap 80% of the time but worked his magic when it counted) yossi has really done that job for us. id like to see a front 4 of yossi, reira, gerrard & torres given a run. i know that means mr kuyt is out but thats the cruel world of football

Archi, if you're not careful you might end up with one of them shiny 'best poster' awards next year! Being civil and engaging with the enemy in reasoned debate indeed...preposterous stuff!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Archi, if you're not careful you might end up with one of them shiny 'best poster' awards next year! Being civil and engaging with the enemy in reasoned debate indeed...preposterous stuff!

Oh God, what have I become!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ush1 wrote: »
    He scores goals.....only bigger!

article-1093421-02CB4BED000005DC-392_468x476.jpg
    it was this big...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Decent performance today, only looking good for the first 10-15 mins and after the first goal.
    Liked Pacheco's eagerness in the few minutes he was on too, didn't look out of place at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    wanna bet?
    lol's a plenty

lol's a plenty
    We are twelve points behind chelsea so would think winning title is a bridge to far. But second not beyond us if we get a decent run behind us. Think at this stage its about drawing positives. We can feel sorry for ourselves or pull ourselves up by the boot straps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

We are twelve points behind chelsea so would think winning title is a bridge to far. But second not beyond us if we get a decent run behind us. Think at this stage its about drawing positives. We can feel sorry for ourselves or pull ourselves up by the boot straps.
    I agree winning is going to be hard but tbh you have to be positive no matter what. At the end of the season Rafa and the team will be judged and not in December. We where dreadful at times today (defending is a joke at present) but we looked good going forward. Next two games will be interesting.:)

• Advertisement

I agree winning is going to be hard but tbh you have to be positive no matter what. At the end of the season Rafa and the team will be judged and not in December. We where dreadful at times today (defending is a joke at present) but we looked good going forward. Next two games will be interesting.:)

What must be very frustrating for Liverpool fans must be that what was an excellent performance and result against United has since been nullified by the subsequent performances. I just gave a look at your results, and had that match served as the confidence boost you so badly needed, things would be so different. Say for instance Liverpool won each match that they drew since, and drew each match that they lost (which, given the fixtures, would be entirely realistic if performances matched last seasons which a confidence boost surely would have you) then you would be 1 point ahead of United, and only 3 behind Chelsea.

Torres needs to sort himself out by the way.

Stays down after EVERY challenge. Getting annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think Benayoun is someone who ye are beginning to expect nothing but stellar performances from too, and rightly so. He's fast on his way to joining Torres and Gerrard as your most important players, if he's not already there.

I'd tend to agree - after Torres, Gerrard and Reina he is our most important player at the moment. For all the stick Rafa gets for his bad signings, its important to remember what Yossi cost. Just 5 million...

noodler wrote: »
    Torres needs to sort himself out by the way.

Stays down after EVERY challenge. Getting annoying.

besides him scaring the crap out of me each time thinking he is injured, i dont see a problem with it. when he goes to ground he stays down for 20 seconds longer than the average player but he's not writhing around pretending he's been shot like drogba he just takes his time standing up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

re: archimedes
    Who are you and what have you done with the real arch?

besides him scaring the crap out of me each time thinking he is injured, i dont see a problem with it. when he goes to ground he stays down for 20 seconds longer than the average player but he's not writhing around pretending he's been shot like drogba he just takes his time standing up....

To be perfectly honest he goes down too easy.

The reason he goes down after every challenge is in the hope of winning a FK but he doesn't writh about on the floor to stop too many complaints of playacting. In essence, the best of both worlds.

I love the guy but I wish he would act a little bit more like how he did when he first arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

The reason he goes down after every challenge is in the hope of winning a FK but he doesn't writh about on the floor to stop too many complaints of playacting. In essence, the best of both worlds.

I love the guy but I wish he would act a little bit more like how he did when he first arrived.

In fairness, most defenders have by now accepted they cannot contain the lad so they cream him at every opportunity. That wasn't the case when he first arrived. But I know what you are getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Theres barely a difference to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Didn't see the game but would it be fair to say that there was more balance to the team and more of an attacking threat down the right flank with Kuyt out of the team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dropping Kuyt is the first good decision Benitez has made all season. His form hasn't warranted a place and Liverpool looked better without him in the team today. Not stellar by any means, but atleast a forward line who are capable of keeping the ball.

Regarding torres, he does seem to moan alot. It's distasteful. But if you got kicked as much as he did you might moan too.

Headshot wrote: »
    re: archimedes
    Who are you and what have you done with the real arch?

actually sorry, that was very rude headshot. lets talk about what i was talking about earlier. ya know... obvious sarcasm and having a laugh and all that. you know... all that stuff ppl agreed on and thought was cool and alright. but ya know dude, fishsticks. how did i bring it down to that level. how dare i say it. fishsticks. sh1t. i said it again. sorry. i know how you get around fishsticks and the obvious joke involved. i dunno. poster of the year wasnt it? better then PHB isnt it? you tell me son. you tell me

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Ardent wrote: »
    Didn't see the game but would it be fair to say that there was more balance to the team and more of an attacking threat down the right flank with Kuyt out of the team?

Love benny but he didn't provide any width, no.

speaking of width great cross from insua for Gerrards goal. Cant rememeber last time Stevie G scored with a header (and no thats not a criticism) but he showed great application to rise above defender for goal.
    and Liverpool tv website say "it was Gerrard's 75th league goal of the decade - lifting him above Michael Owen on 74 to become Liverpool's top scorer in the Noughties".
    well done steven
    _46997327_008468917-1.jpg

flahavaj wrote: »
    Theres barely a difference to be fair.

Oh ok thanks for letting me know. :rolleyes:

Oh ok thanks for letting me know. :rolleyes:

Your post implied you thought one was alright but the other wasn't. if that not the case then I'm sorry.:)

Ardent wrote: »
    goal from opening goal came from the left. Benny made a difference though on the right.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Your post implied you thought one was alright but the other wasn't. if that not the case then I'm sorry.:)

Ugh...:rolleyes:

Ugh...:rolleyes:

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

speaking of width great cross from insua for Gerrards goal. Cant rememeber last time Stevie G scored with a header (and no thats not a criticism) but he showed great application to rise above defender for goal.
    and Liverpool tv website say "it was Gerrard's 75th league goal of the decade - lifting him above Michael Owen on 74 to become Liverpool's top scorer in the Noughties".
    well done steven
    _46997327_008468917-1.jpg

Thats a great acheivement, the way Owen was banging them in for Liverpool.
    However its great having a true Liverpool Legend on top of that list of top scorers........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement