Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBoys Kar98 gas leak problem

Options
  • 26-12-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all. Hope somebody can help me out. Just got my Dboys kar98 gas rifle. I am more of a WWII enthusiast than a skirmisher. Anyway there seems to be a leak of gas coming out of the bolt right at the back. It worked for a Christmas day but the gas seems to be just coming straight out the back now. Very dissapointed. Anyone have any ideas on a fix or advice on where the best place to get it repaired. I am not afraid to have a go myself. Thanking you for any help I get. JT:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

If you got it from an irish retailer i'd bring it back, might not need much to fix it but if it's only new then do have it replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Doobie01

No such luck. Got it from China and with the new law coming in a replacement isn't an option. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If you can dissasemble it, you could soak the rubber seal in brake fluid (it is designed to soak into rubber and engorge it).

This works extremely well so be careful not to leave it too long, as the seal could expand so much it is hard to fit again. Give it a half hour, an hour, a few hours and so on and it should improve the seal.

If the o-ring or whatever it is is fecked, o-rings can be replaced if you go into a hardware.

Most good airsoft techies can fix that sort of thing too, if you aren't confident to do so yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Give the bolt some silicone oil and leave it sitting on the radiator for a few mins. when it feels warm to touch, try gasing it again.,

If that dont work then your looking at a take down to get her firing again.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 swillie

Doobie01 wrote: »
    Hi all. Hope somebody can help me out. Just got my Dboys kar98 gas rifle. I am more of a WWII enthusiast than a skirmisher. Anyway there seems to be a leak of gas coming out of the bolt right at the back. It worked for a Christmas day but the gas seems to be just coming straight out the back now. Very dissapointed. Anyone have any ideas on a fix or advice on where the best place to get it repaired. I am not afraid to have a go myself. Thanking you for any help I get. JT:(

Same problem, one day after Christmas the gas was coming right out the back of the bolt. A rubber seal was out of position causing the leak. I completely dissasembled the bolt from the back side and found the problem right away. If you are handy it is not too bad to get apart. Remove the screw near back of bolt at bottom center which sits in a curved 'slot' , than rear assembly backs right out. On either side of bolt is 2 odd sized small screws flush with bolt, you will need two very small allen wrenches to remove. Remove gas valve and release valve screws on top. Now inside is ready to remove out the back. Look in, you will see a threaded cylinder and in the center a small rod, it has a spring on the other side and is what sends the gas through the front of bolt when pressed. The idea here is if you can find a bolt to match the threads on the inside wall at the back than you can pull the whole assembly out carefully. I actually took a sharpie marker and screwed it into the back a little and was able to pull it out that way. Just watch how every thing lines up carefully. There are rubber seals on rear cylinder and on the pin mechanism behind it. One of them was out of place on mine. I reseated and than put a little brake fluid on them. The spring/pin goes back in with the deeper oval groove up, so the fill valves up top will sit in that oval groove. The rear cylinder goes back in together with it, put it all back in at the same time , doesn't really matter how the rear part is lined up, the allen screws sit in a groove all the way around, but I did line the rear part back up so the old screw marks lined up with the little holes on either side. Replace the valves on top(oil the rubber seals a touch), replace the allen screws on each side and tighten evenly to set the cylinder back in place and centered. Replace the rest of the assembly onto the back of the bolt and the final screw that sits in and slides within curved slot underside and center.
    I don't really know much about this stuff but the misplaced seal was the problem, now it works perfectly again. Sorry for the laymans terms, don't know what many of these parts are called. Just 5 screws and remove and inspect the cylinder and put it all back together the same way it came out. Actually not much to it once your done. Hope this helps. No parts available online for this gun i'm afraid. Good luck

PS careful as you remove the rear assembly off the bolt, there is a smaller maybe 1 inch part with a spring behind it that may well fall out so look for it, pay attention to how everything looks before removing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Doobie01

Thanks Swillie. I was thinking that was where the problem lay but was I a bit iffy to try and get that threaded chamber out. Will try and give it a go once this weather is back above freezing and I can work without dying of exposure. Thanks also to Zero19, Stercus Accidit and Masada for all the help and suggestions. Thanking you Swillie. JT

Advertisement