Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city's oldest restaurant?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

How about the Manhattan cafe?

It's been around as a nite-time greasy spoon since the early 60's.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

How about the Manhattan cafe?

It's been around as a nite-time greasy spoon since the early 60's.

Not any more though, been gone a couple of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Is Sheries still on Abbey Street?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

europhile wrote: »
    Is Sheries still on Abbey Street?

Yes, though under different management who did the unthinkable and ripped out what was the endearing thing about Sherie's, it's fake-o American diner style, complete with counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Grantosol

Wonder if anyone has any memories of eating at the Skylon Hotel in Glasnevin in the seventies? I know it opened in 1970, and I know there was a restaurant there.

I'm writing a book at the moment - and it would be very useful to know the name of the restaurant, really any detail that you can recall

Many thanks

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

If you're willing to count a chipper with tables you can sit at, Fusciardi's off Lower Liffey Street claims to have been open since 1937.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Alan_P wrote: »
    If you're willing to count a chipper with tables you can sit at, Fusciardi's off Lower Liffey Street claims to have been open since 1937.

I was gonna say there must be some ancient enough chippers around, Beshoff claim to be on the go since 1913 but I suppose have had loads of premises changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The Lord Edward is a pub (ground floor) and restaurant (same ownership, different staff) on the 2nd floor. As for age - its been a fish speciality restaurant (in the 5 star price league) since the late 60s. Great pub, good restaurant.

Advertisement