Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blue Lady

Options
  • 26-12-2009 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

I was lying in bed at home in my parent's house last night and stuck in that odd state where I'm neither awake or really dreaming. The REM stage, I guess.
    Anyhoo, I was lying there, slowly drifting off when I felt a cold rush of wind burst through the room. Now, seeing as my bedroom was always on the draughty side, I didn't think much of it.

It was only when the cold started to consume my entire body did I sense something was off. Even so, I didn't open my eyes as I figured it was all just in my head.

Suddenly, I felt a light but substantial weight at the end of the bed. It couldn't have been the dog or cat as my door was shut tight and the pets were safely locked up in the kichen and living room resectively.

I moved to sit up, my eyes still struggling to open, but it felt as though someone was leaning over me, pressing my shoulders into the mattress and bearing down with most of their weight pinned against my chest.

The sensation was so vivid that my eyes shot open and I was greeted with the disorted face of a skeletal-looking woman with flowing white hair. Her body was tiny and emaciated yet she had me pinned down to the bed in spite of this.

In the dim light coming through the thin curtains, I just make out her face. Where her mouth and eyes should be, there was only a patch of blank, smooth skin-as though her features had been melted away, leaving only a skeleton's nose.

It was pretty damn terrifying, let me tell you! I tried to scream but it was like my entire body was frozen to the spot.

The 'entity' seemed to sense this and the weight suddenly shifted. She leaned towards me and I could feel a icy breath from her nose tickle my ear.
    Don't as me how but despite not having a mouth, she whispered gently in my ear:

"I'll be waiting."

It didn't sound threatening or omniuous but her voice sent a chill down my spine. At once, I jolted upright in bed, wide awake and lying in bed in a room that was slowly brightening as the sun came up.

I spent most of this morning lying in bed, shaking with terror-which is rare for me as I'm pretty much unshakable.

I have no idea who or what that creature was or if it was an omen but it's really got me spooked. The scariest thing is that the whole thing was so vivid, I'm not entirely sure if I was really dreaming.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭A quiet one

It's been a long time since I looked into this sort of thing, but recall mention of people being generally more susceptible to such experiences at certain early hours of the morning. Between 3 & 4 I think.
    Various things can contribute to it such as indigestion, an inner-ear problem and even depression,but I might well be getting the details wrong.
    I had a series of them once involving 3 guys and there was something really bad about them. Then one night, before going to sleep I decided that since they were powerful entities, I'll ask them for the winning numbers for the next lottery jackpot.

When it came to their re-appearance, probably with my question in mind, I noticed how hard I had to work at creating them in order to ask.

Never saw them again.

And never did the blasted numbers either. Humph!

Edit:
    Did you mean a "Soft" and substantial weight . It can't really be both light and substantial.
    And without wishing to be flippant, if, just for arguments sake, it could have been the cat ... er, just how big is your cat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It's been a long time since I looked into this sort of thing, but recall mention of people being generally more susceptible to such experiences at certain early hours of the morning. Between 3 & 4 I think.
    Various things can contribute to it such as indigestion, an inner-ear problem and even depression,but I might well be getting the details wrong.
    I had a series of them once involving 3 guys and there was something really bad about them. Then one night, before going to sleep I decided that since they were powerful entities, I'll ask them for the winning numbers for the next lottery jackpot.

When it came to their re-appearance, probably with my question in mind, I noticed how hard I had to work at creating them in order to ask.

Never saw them again.

And never did the blasted numbers either. Humph!

Edit:
    Did you mean a "Soft" and substantial weight . It can't really be both light and substantial.
    And without wishing to be flippant, if, just for arguments sake, it could have been the cat ... er, just how big is your cat?

It's kinda hard to explain, the weight thing- it's like... you can just feel someone sitting by the bed but it's not heavy enough to make the springs creak? that sorta thing.. I dunno.

As for the cat, she's one of those weird scrawny cats that cover it up with tons of fluff. I'm 100% certain it wasn't the cat as she was locked in the kitchen last night and unless she's grown apposable thumbs, it's unlikey that she opened the kitchen door, trotted down the hall and then opened MY door. O.o

I was thinking afterwards that being of a Light and substantial weight can exist in a dream cos dreams can take on a sort of 'quantumness' (If you can think of a more appropriate pseudo-scientific word ...)

Recently I woke to the feeling that I had just being having around 6 different dreams all simultaneously

Recently I woke to the feeling that I had just being having around 6 different dreams all simultaneously

I imagine that must've been quite bewildering. Any details? Was it like watching yourself on six different screens?

No, just a feeling that I had been in *6 different dreams all at the same time and a sense of the dreams been different to each other.
    (* I wasn't actually counting at the time)

EDIT:
    To rephrase, imagine you've just bit into a multi-layered sandwich, like say, a ham and eggs on lettuce, cheese and tomato in fresh brown bread. As you chew, you'd be able to see the layers you've just bitten into.

It was a bit like that. each "layer" was a dream

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

McChubbin wrote: »
    It's kinda hard to explain, the weight thing- it's like... you can just feel someone sitting by the bed but it's not heavy enough to make the springs creak? that sorta thing.. I dunno.

i've had an experience similar to this,the only difference with the presure thing was it was more voilent and i got the impression it was of a sexual nature(i know that sounds weird)
    i defo got he feeling that whatever it was was very dominent
    btw it was my old family home which we know was haunted,both of my parents witnessed different things together but the weirdest was both my bro's who shared bunks witnessed a ladt in a kinda shinny blue dress enter their room from the door only to walk through their bed and out the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

am well aware of the above but this experience was distinstly different,besides the house was and is haunted and members of my family have seen and experienced different things over the years,

That actually makes a lot of sense-especially the part about it being caused by stress and sleeping on your back.

Advertisement