Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rig

Options
  • 26-12-2009 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi Guys,

Festive greetrings to one and all.

Well santa has been and yours truly now finally has enough readies to replace my aging AMD XP2400+ rig.

Already have monitor (1680x1050 res), am ok for keyboard, mouse and OS (tho am thinking of upgrading to windows 7 at some point.)

Will play mostly WoW, Dragonage origins and the odd FPS.

Budget is in or around the €800 mark.

CPU wise am looking down the Phenom route, possibly one of their black editions.

GPU probably one of the ATI series 5, power usage wise I hear they are about 1/2 that of the series 4.

RAM ideally DDR3 about 4GB.

PSU, Corsair seems to be the fav of most on here.

Mobo, this is where the head does a good impression of the old spinning on the shoulders.

Case, one of the Coolermaster ones more than likely.

HDD, 1TB as they are reasonable at the mo. Was toying with the idea of an SSD for the OS, but am not really up to speed with them TBH.

Any input, advice, etc much appreciated.

Flames please hold off as I had to use the extinguisher on the turkey yesterday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Flames please hold off as I had to use the extinguisher on the turkey yesterday.

Too bad, you want AMD, thus I do not liek u :P

Seriously though, price/performance ratio, you HAVE to go Intel. Core i5 750 is where it is at. Get yourself a i5 750, a Gigabyte P55A motherboard and a Samsung F3 Hard Drive, and everything else you listed will be easy to get for about 800 :)

Ok, the pic I link is a little over, but its damn good.

Advertisement