Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aylmers Rest gutted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Heard all the sirens earlier, didnt know it was for that. Shame, nice place really. Family run it is, only did it up fully about 2 or 3 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Ah I'm sad to hear this. I have had lunch there on a few occasions when in Ennis. A grand spot it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

What a shame for this to happen.
    Thankfully the premises was empty when the fire started.
    He had invested a large amount of money in upgradeing the premises
    a few years ago. Unfortunately the restaurant never reached it's
    potential.
    It was advertised as been for sale with local realtors the last couple of months.
    Hopefully he was well insured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Yeah it's family run - the pub, restaurant (which was finished but hadn't been properly opened) and the B&B.

The premises wasn't empty - the family were asleep in the house which is attached & was also damaged quite a bit. Thank god they all got out ok.

Had never heard of it being up for sale & I am very connected to the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

Had never heard of it being up for sale & I am very connected to the family.

Obviously you didnt see the massive "For Sale" which was on it for about 6 months going back around 18 months - 2 years ago. Was kind of hard to miss. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

asmobhosca wrote: »
    Obviously you didnt see the massive "For Sale" which was on it for about 6 months going back around 18 months - 2 years ago. Was kind of hard to miss.

No I hadn't but then I do live in Dublin and haven't been in Ennis for about 3 or 4 years at this point.

Also was said originally that it had been for sale within the last couple of months - that was the bit I was referring to - meant I hadn't heard of it being up for sale recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

And for sale information here:

:
    www.daft.ie/544408

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 piggyback

Pity it had won some awards & was a nice pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

piggyback wrote: »
    Pity it had won some awards & was a nice pub.
    what awards?

just trawling through some old posts..Good to see it open again,anyone been in there,has much changed in the bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

New tellys - 3D Sky Sports.

Advertisement