Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping personal effects

Options
  • 26-12-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Looking for advice on a cost effective way of shipping personal effects home after a year in Sydney. My daughter is returning shortly and has a lot of stuff accumulated. Luggage restriction on the airline is 23kgs I think. She has probably an additional 50 kgs of clothes /souvenirs etc to get home.
    Appreciate any assistance, is it possible to ship as boat cargo? No prob if it takes three months !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Try www seven seas,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I was shipping some stuff home a while ago with Aus Post. You can ship home by sea with them, but as you say it takes three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

You can airfreight as well which is a lot quicker but also a lot more expensive. Personally, I would ship and wait the 3 months, which you say you're happy to do.

I've used Crown Relocations with work to airfreight personal effects to Spain for my manager and they were excellent. I'm pretty sure they are in Aus too. Very helpful with customs forms and all those things. They did it all for us.

I also used an excellent company in Ireland to ship items to NZ. Not sure if they can help the other way. Website is here http://www.shippingpersonaleffects.com/. Couldn't fault their service.

Advertisement