Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yo rope, whats your opinion on how other art forms impacted and influenced early cinema?

In about eh....2500 words, cheers :D

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

@Leprekaun, Jwonggg's Abel is crap compared to the god of Abel, Shiro.
    Dude's 5th in Japan overall; and Mago (#1 w/Sagat) has him as backup too.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    If you find my posts too long or uninteresting, just skip them dude.

Damn so much for my evil plan to get my essay done on time :p

Seriously though I was just trying to joke with you, WITH you, not AT you.

Rope you get your back up to easily man, I didn't mean it like that.

Sigh :(

Leprekaun wrote: »
    [snip]I mean, if this wasn't the case, why does Daigo ALWAYS use Ryu in SFIV, (Mostly) Balrog in SSF2T and Ryu in SFA3, Ken in 3S? Because he knows that each character was top tier in their respective games so he wants to increase his chances of winning. All fighting games like The VF series (Pai, Kage and Lau crazy combos), Tekken (juggles which can take off up to 70% health meter) and Soul Calibur (I don't know of any since I haven't really gotten into the series but I've read that its broken in some areas) all have their "broken" flaws as well but we all still play them anyway because each has a certain enjoyment associated with them.
    Just to be a dick ;)
    Daigo uses Ryu in SF2 like a pro; witness:

Daigo started with V-Akuma in SFA3 -- Alex Valle showed him that Ryu was just as viable:

And yes, while a Lau DID win VF5 SBO 09 with an OCV, it's not because he has high-damage combos -- it's because he outplayed his opponents. In VF, tiers really don't matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I know that Daigo uses Ryu in SSF2T, I was just saying that his main is Balrog.

Oh right sorry, I must've misunderstood but I thought Daigo was the one using Ryu in SFA3 because I remember seeing a match against Alex where he won and being pretty sure that he was using Ryu so that might have been a different match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Daigo's main in ST is ryu afaik? At least I've seen him play far more Ryu (and I've watched dozens of daigo ST videos), and only play Rog to counterpick characters like o. sagat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah Daigo was a Gouki main-er in A3, but he switched to Ryu (like Kiki said). I love that match though between Valle and Daigo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mortal Kombat. SO balanced, blind kids can beat pro video gamers at it.

(Joking, it's rather amazing that kid can do that.)

whuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaa?

That same guy can beat people at Soul Calibur & Tekken.
    HMMMMMMMMMM.....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Ramza wrote: »
    Yeah Daigo was a Gouki main-er in A3, but he switched to Ryu (like Kiki said). I love that match though between Valle and Daigo

that fight was bad compared to the fight where daigo did a corner 52 hit combo with ryu... & missed his last hit & got beaten...

Soz just noticed that vid has embedding disabled like a bunch of saps they are. just double click and it'll play in a new window, its good :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Comparing Mortal Kombat to Street Fighter is like comparing the Spice Girls to Mozart.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rayzercork

i think trilogy was the last good version, MK4 sucked both in graphics and gameplay and when it went 3D it just died a death altogether. ive been playing modded versions of 1-3 on mugen lately, brings me back to the good old days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Mortal kombat could have been legendary if they invested in a little more for the advanced gamer.

Tekken can be amazing fun for someone just picking up a control pad and carry on right through to a very high standard of advancment, street fighter is the same.

In mortal Kombat once you and your 10 year old brother figure out a few combos and a death move, there's no where left to go.

their'll always be MK2 though. Legend of a game.

You know what I always find weird (coming from watching lots of Screwattack.com)?

No-one's mentioned Killer Instinct. ONCE.

or what about the game with that dude who was pure liquid? and one of his move he would melt into a puddle and them shoot up and uppercut you? there was also a firey version of the guy, but that about all I remember.

oh, I remember the life bars were sort of "lives" and the other player could keep their first life bar even after winning the first round. Never bothered palying it though, but I do remember it was quite a popular one

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

or what about the game with that dude who was pure liquid? and one of his move he would melt into a puddle and them shoot up and uppercut you? there was also a firey version of the guy, but that about all I remember.

oh, I remember the life bars were sort of "lives" and the other player could keep their first life bar even after winning the first round. Never bothered palying it though, but I do remember it was quite a popular one

Ah,Glacius and Cinder,I really did love Killer Instinct.There was an arcade cab in my lil home town and a few of us played it to death.

Not the most balanced game ever but a lot of fun.

Pity KI 2/Gold was so poor in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Ah Orchid with her square boobies every 14 year old guys dream :)

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Ah Orchid with her square boobies every 14 year old guys dream :)

Here's a compilation of her infamous "fatality" on various characters.The arcade version actually still looks OK.

I used to main Orchid,my excuse is I was actually around 14 at the time!

The problem I found with that game was that once people were good at it you could never do more than a 3 hit combo before "c-c-c-c-combo breaker" stopped you and all the flashy combos became useless.

Edit:A bit disturbing that she does it to Jago,considering he was her brother,apparantly.

Top level KI involves unbreakable combos so combo breaking was irrelevant to non casual players

KI arcade is pointless, the game is not near balanced at all. Cinder just makes no sense. Infinites galore and his air crossup torpedo is one of the most bs things in any game

True,I know Cinder had a couple of unbreakable combos but as far as I know not all characters had unbreakables.

I still enjoyed the game a lot and bear in mind it was quite difficult to get that information without the internet in ye olde times.

No no every character has unbreakables, maybe 3 or 4 maybe more each. You need them to survive in top level play

The game was very fun but it died quick I think. How could it have succeeded? I play it for ****s and gigs now and again but that's it.

I'll take your word on the unbreakables.The level of play in Athy was never going to be anything above casual anyway!

ahh, so it was infact "killer instinct"

yeah I always saw that game as pure nonsence. It was also the first game I ever noticed where the graphics were insainly shiny but no one seemed to notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I remember playing it on the gameboy... lol

KI was an extremely fun game but there was no way it could be taken seiously without banning half the cast and half the **** you could do in that game, I'm serious. The SNES version however is a more balanced version if you will. The game had a relatively short life span but I still enjoy playing

Advertisement