Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen appliances, advice required.

• 26-12-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Now that the post Christmas sales have started I am hoping to get a fridge freezer, washing machine and cooker (built in with possibility of either gas or electric). I was just wondering if people had advice about what to avoid and what to look for with any or all of these appliances, as I have never bought any of these before.

I intend to go for a high enough energy rating with all of them and am hoping to get a sizeable discount by buying them all together. Thanks

(Probably better in the Home appliances forum sorry, only spotted it there!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

EF wrote: »
    Hi,

Now that the post Christmas sales have started I am hoping to get a fridge freezer, washing machine and cooker (built in with possibility of either gas or electric). I was just wondering if people had advice about what to avoid and what to look for with any or all of these appliances, as I have never bought any of these before.

I intend to go for a high enough energy rating with all of them and am hoping to get a sizeable discount by buying them all together. Thanks

(Probably better in the Home appliances forum sorry, only spotted it there!)

I picked up a new fridge last week, went up north to Currys as prices are way better. What I had in mind was out of stock, I went into Quay's shopping center and happened to bring up the fridge convo with car park attendant.

The chap gave me directions to a place not to far from Quays, full of electrical appliances at real low prices. I was suspicious enough but went out to have a look.

I came home with an a rated zanusi fridge priced over 400 stg in Currys for just 290 euro. All above board and fully guaranteed. Every other kitchen applicance is available, all without packaging, some applicances might have been ex stock and some might have slight package damage during transit so package was removed.

After being there, I'd reccomend making a vist, will do no harm. I have recipt somewhere with company name, its got the words like Rock Electrical but a few letters before. Let me know if looking for full name, I'll dig out recipt.

Advertisement