Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about sound

Options
  • 26-12-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

hi looking for a bit off help..

im am using my telly as a monitor for my pc..
    im using a vga cable to connect it
    i was just wondering could i get a differenf cable
    to connect it to the telly so the sound would come true the telly??
    or is it even possible to do soo....thanks;):confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

if it has a VGA input then there should be another for the audio. A simple 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable will usually do, although TVs tend to be a bit random in what's compatible.

Alternatively, if your TV has HDMI and your PC has HDMI then you *might* be able to get audio through the HDMI, you just have to check whether your graphics card supports audio out.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

if it has a VGA input then there should be another for the audio. A simple 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable will usually do, although TVs tend to be a bit random in what's compatible.

Alternatively, if your TV has HDMI and your PC has HDMI then you *might* be able to get audio through the HDMI, you just have to check whether your graphics card supports audio out.

there dont seem to be a hdmi connection at all
    and its a new computer...this is the graphics card
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/179869
    thanks for the reply:D

Advertisement