Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Aston Villa

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

match is wendsday but I agree with what your saying

Cheers. Keep getting caught out by the fixture list, thought we only had the day off like most. Having the two off could make the difference between them getting the points or not, Portsmouth are looking much better under Grant.

Frisbee wrote: »
    For the second game in a row Diaby has been absolutely brilliant and thoroughly deserved his goal, lets keep this form up Abou!

Honestly he is such frustrating player. One day he is like Patrick Vieira, the next...Patrick Kielty.. :D

what a performance from him and the amazing Cesc Fabregas today. Disappointed with Eduardo and Arshavin though. Nasri wasn't at his best tho he worked hard. Villa totally devoid of ambition today. Milner, Agbonlahor, Young, sh*t. Heskey was their best player and more for his defensive work then attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

What a player that young Spanish chap is. Ok we were dominating but never really looked like penetrating and then the main man comes on. I thought Traore was brilliant today, very little came down his wing today and cleared up quite a few times.

I'm worried about Eduardo, that the last 3 games I've seen him in he looks a lot off the pace. Billy Whizz looked good too. He was actually controlling the ball and gave a lovely ball for Cesc's 2nd. Hopefully that'll give him the confidence.

We should be ok at Pompey. Are they losing a few players to ANC?

Would still like an out and out striker in Jan (and a keeper and CH)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the second fabregas came on heskey shouldve been replaced with reo coker

Helix wrote: »
    the second fabregas came on heskey shouldve been replaced with reo coker

I don't think it would have made a difference. Villa's problems from day one were the midfield were sitting so far back that the distance to the strikers was enourmous. If you brought on Reo-Coker, you might have stifled Cesc but you would have allowed Arsenal to play much higher up the pitch which would have favoured the likes of Arshavin and Nasri as it would have brought them back into the game more.

I don't think it would have made a difference. Villa's problems from day one were the midfield were sitting so far back that the distance to the strikers was enourmous. If you brought on Reo-Coker, you might have stifled Cesc but you would have allowed Arsenal to play much higher up the pitch which would have favoured the likes of Arshavin and Nasri as it would have brought them back into the game more.

nah that happens every game after 60 minutes

its when petrov gets tired the team falls back and invites the opposition onto us. we've never actually addressed it, and keep hoping we wont suffer coz of it. but if we bring on reo coker, you can let petrov sit between the defence and midfield where he doesnt need to run as much, and stick nrc into what was petrovs first half role. that tightens things up considerably, and adds someone with legs to the middle to link things up

Helix wrote: »
    nah that happens every game after 60 minutes

its when petrov gets tired the team falls back and invites the opposition onto us. we've never actually addressed it, and keep hoping we wont suffer coz of it. but if we bring on reo coker, you can let petrov sit between the defence and midfield where he doesnt need to run as much, and stick nrc into what was petrovs first half role. that tightens things up considerably, and adds someone with legs to the middle to link things up

Ah right. That's probably because you don't look to hold onto the ball enough. It's the one thing I don't like about MONs approach to management, he always plays with a very direct style. It will work 70-80% of the time, but over the course of a long season you need to be able to slow down play at times and I rarely see Villa able to do that.

yeh we dont hold onto it, far too much hit and hope - but again its in the second half that we do it mainly. and its coz petrov hasnt got the legs. its frustrating, but its simply not going to be addressed

a lot of the time it doesnt make a huge difference, but on days lke today its completely obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

any links to the goals lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

playa3 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Song is going to be gone by then. Ramsey will come in I suppose

Song wont be gone until after the FA Cup game.

Advertisement