Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did your pets get from Santa paws?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

My 3 dogs got a cows ear each , a squeeky toy and a box of pork strips to share :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Lol, mine got a horse toy thing with rope legs, and a soft ring that has squares of material :)
    Little one even ripped open her present, very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

A dog lollypop, a new fleecy blanket, a reflective waterproof coat for walking in the dark, a big ball and a couple of turkey kongs.

He also had a whole field of ice to play in. Did you know that dogs can hurt themselves very easily on ice? apparently it's bad for their pads. My dad spent a while outside with harley making sure he was ok. He was having the time of his life rolling around in the icy grass.

He also had a whole field of ice to play in. Did you know that dogs can hurt themselves very easily on ice? apparently it's bad for their pads. My dad spent a while outside with harley making sure he was ok. He was having the time of his life rolling around in the icy grass.

Cute!
    Yeah I wondered about the ice, cuz it would stick to our skin and we noticed after a walk that the girls paw pads were very cold.
    Lily loved the snow last year, rolled in it, rubbing her head along it everything lol but then again their breed would have lived in snow.

I would have never thought of it had my dad not said it to me. Isn't it brilliant the way dogs get excited over everything. :D especially new things like loads of ice, snow, falling leaves. Did Lily act like she couldn't feel the cold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 AbigailE

I didnt know about the ice but at the moment my dogs only like to go to do their business or bark at a bird and then lie at the fire . Sometimes they wont even go out for their walk :eek:

• Advertisement

haha yep, we had problems earlier when the weather started getting bad. A fully housetrained dog, deciding it was a good idea to go to the toilet in the kitchen. Didn't want to get his little paws cold. :rolleyes:

It's very funny tonight as well, we have the fire lit and he's pulled his blanket right beside it, he will lie there for 5 mins, get too hot, go lie on the floor next to the door, then go back. I moved the blanket halfway between the two so he wouldn't get too hot, and he pulled it back again. :rolleyes:

Did Lily act like she couldn't feel the cold?
    We have her cut shorter than her breed would normally be, more of a puppy cut because we can't keep on top of her coat, so she gets cold (but we bought a coat for her).
    But back last January when we did have snow her coat was long and she seemed like she wasn't cold at all. Funny thing is, she hates the rain, hates being wet, but went nuts for the snow. Can only assume it's possibly something genetic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

My three legged cat is now on a diet so no buying threats for them (I'd feel guilty giving threats to one of them and not the other, exp since the three legged one is the alpha cat and has to be feed first) I was looking around for a laser pen for them, and it'll give her a work out she needs but I couldn't find one. I know there on the petshop websites but, I don't have a credit card and they were sold out when I looked.

So, they got nothing:( poor kitties. However, they do get new things every few months, the latest one one a large covered litter tray (which we all love) and it wasn't that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

A load of dentastix, a 3ft raw hide bone, soft toys, rope toys, balls, dino bone (though he got that before xmas! as I was too excited :D) A squeaky soft shoe, a teddy bear and a few more things I can't recall.

He had a home made chicken stew on xmas day with home made chicken stock too.

He loved everything :)

Ooh Orla - you could try those fish on a stick!
    My friends cats used to go mental for them :)

Jen sounds like someone was *very* good this year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I don't know about good starpants but he definitly has a face that gets him everything - lol :D

Even the ohs parents spoiled him with toys! Of course most of them are destroyed now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Casper was spoilt as usual :) off us he got santa coat & hat, hated the hat... new food bowls in a stand, a babble ball, 2 petstages toys one is a ball with loops the other 2 balls joined, a sock puppet kinda thing whis is ripped already.
    Then off others got a teddy bear, pedigree stocking, goodboy stocking, doggy choc buttons, a card, socks (he loves socks) and a bed set with a huge cushion, blanky and towel :)
    He wasnt too interested in opening the presents, but loved shredding the paper and ripping the gift tags off..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Our kitties got a remote controlled mouse. They don't chase it too much until it actually stops moving but for some weird reason, they get very perturbed when we send it in under the couch!

One of them is currently lying on his back trying to drag it out from under one of the couches! :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Our little bear got a jumper, scarf and little socks, which she tried to eat :p then she also got some dentastix and denta rasks too. My parents got her one of those doggie treat stockings, and a pre-christmas session with the mobile groomers, so she was all fancy for the big day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Our cat Murdoch got a catnip tunnel and a little gold present on a string which he broke after 10 minutes.

We hid the presents in a cupboard and he found them - just like a kid does. We heard the bell on the toy going and we had to pull him out of there and tell him to wait until Christmas .

He loves the tunnel. It's a long catnip tunnel with a hole in the middle so you can dangle toys in there. I reccommend it if you have a playful cat or one that likes hidey holes. He's even gone to sleep in it. Picture of him inside the tunnel attached.

He also got a lot of ham and chicken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

watna wrote: »
    Picture of him inside the tunnel attached.

that is beyond cute :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Oh Santa Paws was great to our two! Monty got a fab jacket with reflective strips on it for the cold and dark evenings to keep him sung as a bug while we are out walking. Kula got a lovely purple collar which is great and they both got new Ringo ID tags along with loads of chew treats and Kong fillers!

They also got a mini Christmas Dinner as well!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 happypuppy

santa paws was very good to our westie - he got his santa coat early to be ready for the big day :D then on christmas morning he got a giant octopus teddy, a long snake teddy, two babble balls, some parma ham bones and a stocking full of treats but his favourite present was when he went to my parents with us for christmas dinner and was served up a christmas dinner feast by them :)

Advertisement