Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull City Vs. Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Fuhrer wrote: »
    You're right, that one debatable decision is enough to overturn a season of dodgy calls and suspicous decisions.

Which will be enough to overturn a dynasty of dodgy calls and suspicous decisions for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

HAHAHAHA Obertan!

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

monkey9 wrote: »
    You would think he was trolling, wouldn't you? But i actually think he means everything he says and that's how he views the game!! :confused:

With ninjas. Was that Obertan's first touch of the ball? If so.... It wasn't that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

That Obertan cross summed up Uniteds performance imo. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Nice shot from Rooney

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Nice cross from Obertan:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Has Obertan even touched the ball!?

Yes, both of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

Gabby just got a bit Oberexcited.

Did anyone hear the fan shout "Merry Christmas Wayne!" when he went over to take the corner? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

mike65 wrote: »
    I trust Utd fans are no longer talking of ref conspiracies. At 1-1 Evra should have been sent off, that he wasn't meant Hull were denied the advantage they were due.

I'm also sure smart supporters will know that the scoreline in no way shape or form reflects how poor Utd have been.

Evra had along way to go to match Lucas against United. . He just kicked the sht out of united players and didnt even get booked . .

And there will need to be alot more then that for the refs to make up for the 12th man chelski got at moscow bridge against united ! !

Think you should of said that so far this season, the ABU brigade has little to moan about in terms of how many refs are on uniteds side . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

wtf was up with phil browns celebration when hull scored?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

redout wrote: »
    Have you watched him this afternoon ?

Rank awful.

Tbf,as bad as he was,Giggs and Valencia were worse, and no one else has played well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Come on lads, good team out, no excuses today
    Back to winning ways please. 1-3

Did I put money on it?
    NO! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

monkey9 wrote: »
    You would think he was trolling, wouldn't you? But i actually think he means everything he says and that's how he views the game!! :confused:

I am biased towards everything United, it's not my fault, it's the way i was brought up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

A great 3 points, especially seeing that we were fupping awful.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I'm relieved they got it done in the end.

Bit of a stinker though.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

mike65 wrote: »
    I trust Utd fans are no longer talking of ref conspiracies. At 1-1 Evra should have been sent off, that he wasn't meant Hull were denied the advantage they were due.

I'm also sure smart supporters will know that the scoreline in no way shape or form reflects how poor Utd have been.
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Evra had along way to go to match Lucas against United. . He just kicked the sht out of united players and didnt even get booked . .

And there will need to be alot more then that for the refs to make up for the 12th man chelski got at moscow bridge against united ! !

Think you should of said that so far this season, the ABU brigade has little to moan about in terms of how many refs are on uniteds side . .

You just had to mention Lucas and Liverpool in the Hull City v Utd match thread did'nt you. Give yourself a pat on the back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was a shambolic performance from Utd, it's been a while since i've seen them play that bad.

But surely, they can't play worse. To play like that and still dig out a three one win is something, i suppose. The three points being the only positive.

Players coming back from injury will help, of course. But i wonder if Ferguson will buy in January?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thank god

a win is a win I suppose but that performance was total crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Played Crap, couldn't pass for peanuts but it's in our own hands now, got to be happy with that considering how we have played of late.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Feel sorry for Hull, they tried to play football and ref did them no favours at all. Can't expect a team like them to beat one of the better teams without at least gettng 50% of the decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Delighted with the points considering the whole team looked like they had been out on the lash for the last 3 days, easily the worst preformance ive seen from berbatov, but at least he got a goal.

You share my views!!

You are a genius!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

redout wrote: »
    Have you watched him this afternoon ?

Rank awful.

ye i know he was bad,like i asked earlier in the thread who gave the ball away to set up hunts chance?nobody answered but i suspect it was berbatov.he has a habit of doing that.when rooney loses the ball he tracks back but berba doesnt,he sets himself up for a lot of criticism that way.say fergie gave him the auld hairdryer at half time.

ya can have bad game,but he still got himself in that position to score.who else can united play up front?would ya rather him or owen?

United . .

Have been poor by their standards all season . .

Have had an injury list that few top teams could ever moan about, including losing their whole defence and Central midfield . .

Sold their best player (as a supposed "one man team") and didnt retain the services of another top player . .

Yet . .

We are only 2 points behind a supposedly brilliant chelski team who have had pretty much everything go their way this season . .

League titles are won when you win games playing poorly . . What a fantastic result . .

this is one of the more satisfying ways that united win because it really pisses off the ABU's more then anything . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

easily the worst preformance ive seen from berbatov, but at least he got a goal.

Well the goal he got was hardly much of a credit to his performance, Rooney did all the work, a 6 yr old would have finished it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

eddiehead wrote: »
    Well the goal he got was hardly much of a credit to his performance, Rooney did all the work, a 6 yr old would have finished it

true ,he could also have put it wide /over the bar to cap off a miserable afternoon but he didnt.composure,thats the word im looking for:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

eddiehead wrote: »

Look at yesterday when Malouda had an open goal, if he had scored that everyone would be saying the same.

But he didnt, Berbatov did score his

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Fuhrer wrote: »
    You're right, that one debatable decision is enough to overturn a season of dodgy calls and suspicous decisions.

What are you on about, utd have been the luckiest bast*ds all season...

Yeah, ok.

Thats great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have had an injury list that few top teams could ever moan about, including losing their whole defence and Central midfield . .

Arsenal have had similar injuries over the last few seasons. People say that is where your squad comes in.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Arsenal have had similar injuries over the last few seasons.

Hence them doing nothing over the last few seasons...

How about yesterday when birmingham scored and it was called offside even though drogba was on the floor(as usual) and the attackers were i line with him.

United . .

Have been poor by their standards all season . .

Sold their best player (as a supposed "one man team") and didnt retain the services of another top player . .

Yet . .

We are only 2 points behind a supposedly brilliant chelski team who have had pretty much everything go their way this season . .

League titles are won when you win games playing poorly . . What a fantastic result . .

this is one of the more satisfying ways that united win because it really pisses off the ABU's more then anything . .

Remeniscent of last year when Pool had a bit of a lead, but just continually kept dropping points and eventually let Utd grab the lead. And then were comfortably lagging behind ye's all the way to the finish. Teams can't extend a decent lead over Utd it seems. Mentally the strongest team in the league.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Arsenal have had similar injuries over the last few seasons. People say that is where your squad comes in.

Arsenal dont have the same squad that united have . .

For all the moaning some people do about the likes of Park and O'Shea, they are better then most of the subs that the teams around us have . . Losing our whole defence was the biggest problem. .

It would be like arsenal losing their defence and having to put Diaby and Fabrecas in defence . . Your not only losing your defence, you are losing your midfield . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

amazing win really.

that's about as bad as United can play.

well done Rooney.

the only one with any spark in that game, bar maybe Rafael in the first half.

good luck if he ever gets injured.

• Advertisement

Remeniscent of last year when Pool had a bit of a lead, but just continually kept dropping points and eventually let Utd grab the lead. And then were comfortably lagging behind ye's all the way to the finish. Teams can't extend a decent lead over Utd it seems. Mentally the strongest team in the league.

Exactly . . United have been shocking this season . . I was surprised when I heard we are only 1 point less off then last season ! !

Not saying they will win the league, but its a marathon, people forget that and think that losing to top teams means you are screwed . .

Chelski are still favourates, but with more players to come back I am encouraged . .

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    How about yesterday when birmingham scored and it was called offside even though drogba was on the floor(as usual) and the attackers were i line with him.

Why didn't Evra get sent off, Utd lose the game and Evra get suspended for 3 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Why didn't Evra get sent off,and get suspended for 3 games?

Am pretty sure you know why.Inconsistent referees, bad officiating. ;)

Utd lose the game

Nobody can say for sure what the outcome might have been if he had of been sent off in fairness. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Why didn't Evra get sent off, Utd lose the game and Evra get suspended for 3 games?

did i miss a blatant evra red or something?

why the **** would he have been sent off? Have you ever kicked a football?

And if he had gotten a second yellow, it would have been a one match ban.

the most annoying kind of person that watches football. ( i won't even use the word fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

lordgoat wrote: »

the most annoying kind of person that watches football. ( i won't even use the word fan)
    You just did.:P

The most annoying posters to me are those that post rubbish like that. Saying you won't say something and say it in the same post.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »

blatant red... no

why would he of been sent off? second yellow of course... yes

1 match ban so.

in your opinion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The Muppet wrote: »
    Played Crap, couldn't pass for peanuts but it's in our own hands now, got to be happy with that considering how we have played of late.

huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Johner wrote: »
    huh?

if we win all our games we win the league, therefore in our own hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Johner wrote: »
    huh?

Win all their matches and United are champions.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

blatant red... no

why would he of been sent off? second yellow of course... yes

1 match ban so.

in your opinion :)

he did not send Evra off as he had already set the precadant with Fagan for his constant dissent. calling him over and giving him a last warning as well as the captain and telling both he won't accept anymore from Hull was the best thing a ref can do, too many give away needless yellow cards and you end up getting players sent off for something extremly trivial and not justice.

Once he done that favour for Hull he had to do the same thing for united and Evra as then he knows he would have been accused of favoritism. in fairness I think refs should stop and think more nowadays, rather than liking the cameras too much and making needless bookings. If the ref done the same yesterday for Wolves then he would never have walked himself into HAVING to send Ward off as he booked the wrong player for a fairly soft foul and the once found out he booked the wrong player he had to stand by his guns and send Ward off.

Bad refereeing there and he walked himself into the mistake as he cant say the second one did not deserve a yellow card cos he thought the player had not been booked before. once the decision was made he has to stick to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    if we win all our games we win the league, therefore in our own hands
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Win all their matches and United are champions.:pac:

Oh right yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Fell asleep during the Arsenal match and missed the United one :(

Can anyone sum this game up for me in a few sentences? Who was impressive/unimpressive? What were the goals like?

he did not send Evra off as he had already set the precadant with Fagan for his constant dissent. calling him over and giving him a last warning as well as the captain and telling both he won't accept anymore from Hull was the best thing a ref can do, too many give away needless yellow cards and you end up getting players sent off for something extremly trivial and not justice.

Once he done that favour for Hull he had to do the same thing for united and Evra as then he knows he would have been accused of favoritism. in fairness I think refs should stop and think more nowadays, rather than liking the cameras too much and making needless bookings. If the ref done the same yesterday for Wolves then he would never have walked himself into HAVING to send Ward off as he booked the wrong player for a fairly soft foul and the once found out he booked the wrong player he had to stand by his guns and send Ward off.

Bad refereeing there and he walked himself into the mistake as he cant say the second one did not deserve a yellow card cos he thought the player had not been booked before. once the decision was made he has to stick to it.
    Dissent is one thing and a professional foul is another. Some refs can take a bit of stick, and give the benefit of the doubt. Which in this case he did. But each situation should be looked at invidually, and not have a not on effect of the ref trying to balance the game out in his own mind.

Evra tugged the player down when they were on a promising break and the ref blew up when Hull were still in possession AND didn't book Evra which he should of done because it was a professional foul.

If he he booked Fagan then Evra would of been sent off with a second yellow. So in that respect it was another slice of luck rolling Utd's way again :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Archimedes wrote: »
    Can anyone sum this game up for me in a few sentences?

United couldn't pass wind.

Hull didn't take what chances they got.

Then got a penalty.

Rooney was probably United's best player. Creating the chance for the OG. And Berba's goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

terrible performance from United today, really terrible. Shocking we came away with the win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement