Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull City Vs. Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ragg wrote: »
    United fans chanting - Your **** and we're champions - champions who are having a horrendous run of form and look pretty average this game so far

Well in fairness, they are ****, we are champions, and we are 1-0 up. Sing away lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

What a flcik from Giggsy. True class.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Des wrote: »
    OK, so since Beckham was playing there are two incidents of players getting booked for clapping.

It' not in the rules. Football doesn't have "rules", it has Laws, which are interpreted by the judges, the refs.

There is no black and white.

You're arguing semantics. There's hundreds of incidents across the globe of players getting booked for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Scored in spite of ourselves there.

Our passing is woeful today:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

c'mon yesssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Great Cross by Fletch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

OK, so since Beckham was playing there are two incidents of players getting booked for clapping.

It' not in the rules. Football doesn't have "rules", it has Laws, which are interpreted by the judges, the refs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/claphappy-rooney-shown-red-after-referees-yellow-card-injustice-506931.html
    Ferguson said later: "I think Wayne reacts to injustice. He felt it was a wrongful booking but you cannot applaud the referee. I thought it was for putting his hand on the referee but apparently it was for clapping.

And if Fergie said it it must be true :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

nullzero wrote: »
    He didn't get a touch on it.

Obertan for Giggs please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

flick?looks like he missed it?could be wrong though
    ooh nice effort from hull there.game far from over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

United a bit fortunate to be going in 1-0 up.

Rafael has been United's best player by far, looks class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Headshot wrote: »
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

2 more mike, 2 more

come on

We'll drag that cash out of PP yet!

°°°°°

Xavi6 wrote: »

Footballers clap at ref's all the time. It's s stupid thing to do. I've seen players at all the big clubs do it, should we oraginise a witch hunt to sort it out?
    Football is full of stupid things like that, just because a player at a certain club does it does it make it worse than it already is?

Glazers Out!

Footballers clap at ref's all the time. It's s stupid thing to do. I've seen players at all the big clubs do it, should we oraginise a witch hunt to sort it out?
    Football is full of stupid things like that, just because a player at a certain club does it does it make it worse than it already is?

What are you on about? He simply said it was a bookable offence, which it is. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Wow what a cheesy cheesy Ray Houghton ad for The Star just there

°°°°°

He didn't get a touch on it.

Obertan for Giggs please.

The angle I saw it from suggested he touched it. I might be wrong though.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hoki wrote: »
    Wow what a cheesy cheesy Ray Houghton ad for The Star just there

Still going on about that Goal also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Hopefully we'll be able to settle a bit now and be more clinical in the second half. Rooney's been very poor, Giggs wasteful. Thank god we have Fletcher back in midfield - invaluable energy.

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll win 3-0.

°°°°°

Ush1 wrote: »
    What are you on about? He simply said it was a bookable offence, which it is. End of.

Digging up newspaper stories from years back to prove something no one is arguing against seemed odd to me.
    Clapping the ref = bad. No argument.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm fed up with the Premier League, time to move on to another league where you get fair refereeing.
    Its just disgraceful, Wes Brown should be on a yellow for persisting fouling, not to mention the penalty that was not given. And nothing happened over the way Hunt was taken out either. On the other side, Rooney got a free just outide the box for nothing, Rafael handles the ball and gets a free kick, Berbatov doesn't get blown up for a high challenge with his foot.

Every game involving a big four side is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

Hopefully this can kick-start something for Wayne, because he's been pretty terrible for the last dozen games. Think Rafael's been excellent, as has Vidic. Everyone esle has been a bit rubbish, to be frank.

But a lead is a lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The angle I saw it from suggested he touched it. I might be wrong though.

no he didnt

Digging up newspaper stories from years back to prove something no one is arguing against seemed odd to me.
    Clapping the ref = bad. No argument.

Re-read the thread, someone was arguing against it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm fed up with the Premier League, time to move on to another league where you get fair refereeing.
    Its just disgraceful, Wes Brown should be on a yellow for persisting fouling, not to mention the penalty that was not given. And nothing happened over the way Hunt was taken out either. On the other side, Rooney got a free just outide the box for nothing, Rafael handles the ball and gets a free kick, Berbatov doesn't get blown up for a high challenge with his foot.

Bye now. Shut the door behind you, there's a good lad.

°°°°°

I think it's evident in all Premier League games not just those involving the top four.
    The refereeing is terrible most of the time.

Glazers Out!

Don't forget to close the door behind you.

*edit* Damn you feeky!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

God forbid someone come on here with a different viewpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's just a lack of continuity really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

its actually a good game for a neutral to watch,uniteds passing at times has been shocking though,especially giggs.who gave away the ball for hulls break?the one that hunt squandered?berbatov?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

6: could be interpreted as such by some referee's.

Sending Off Offences
    A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the
    following seven offences:
    1. is guilty of serious foul play
    2. is guilty of violent conduct
    3. spits at an opponent or any other person
    4. denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity, by deliberately
    handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
    5. denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s
    goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
    6. uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
    7. receives a second caution in the same match
    A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field
    of play and the technical area.

Source: The FA
    Rules of The Association
    and Laws of the Game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Clearly you didn't read my post right, I didn't say I was leaving the soccer forum. I said its time to move on to watching a different league where refereeing is done fairly.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Ush1 wrote: »
    Re-read the thread, someone was arguing against it.

I never said they weren't.
    I just commented that there is no real argument against it.
    It's a simple thing, clapping the ref is a no no, if you do it expect to be punished.
    Also as I mentioned earlier from what I saw at the time I didn't see Vidic clap the ref, I did see him throw his arms up at the ref looking for a free kick, I didn't see the supposed clapping.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I never said they weren't.
    I just commented that there is no real argument against it.
    It's a simple thing, clapping the ref is a no no, if you do it expect to be punished.
    Also as I mentioned earlier from what I saw at the time I didn't see Vidic clap the ref, I did see him throw his arms up at the ref looking for a free kick, I didn't see the supposed clapping.

It was after a foul on Fagan towards the left corner of the box, just about a minute before Evra was booked.

I'm watching Fox Soccer USA coverage and Mark Bright commented on it straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

This is the Hull Vs Manchester United thread.

Other talk goes elsewhere. Leave this thread for those of us who want to talk about the match. Thanks.

°°°°°

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It was after a foul on Fagan towards the left corner of the box, just about a minute before Evra was booked.

I'm watching Fox Soccer USA coverage and Mark Bright commented on it straight away.

I'm watching a different feed, it wasn't shown or commented on. I'll have to take your word on it.

Glazers Out!

SlickRic wrote: »

Did Rooney get the free on the edge of the box for nothing? Do you think the Ref was at fault for not giving the Brown peno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Osu wrote: »

Other talk goes elsewhere. Leave this thread for those of us who want to talk about the match. Thanks.

Everything i've read here so far is based on the match.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Did Rooney get the free on the edge of the box for nothing? Do you think the Ref was at fault for not giving the Brown peno?

Who elses fault could it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Muppet wrote: »

did i say i agreed with eagle eye?

he was told to get out of the thread for expressing a different viewpoint, which is what i was commenting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I think it's evident in all Premier League games not just those involving the top four.
    The refereeing is terrible most of the time.

Top 4 is far worse imo - refs are just afraid to give the decisions against them in case its wrong and one of the managers go radio rental on them in the press.

• Advertisement

Constant fouling by Brown.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Osu wrote: »

Thanks Mod:rolleyes:

When this "viewpoint" is so utterly selective then yes, of course someone is going to call it up. The penalty was a bloody hard call to make, I and I would hasten to guess many others, thought it was a great tackle on first viewing, took three replays to establish it was a foul. Other decisions have gone 50/50, what eagle eye has done is pick out a few instances where decisions have gone for us.

What about Carrick being fouled in the run-up to Hunt's chance? What about Myhill tripping Berbatov after his save from Rafael?
    Clearly you didn't read my post right, I didn't say I was leaving the soccer forum. I said its time to move on to watching a different league where refereeing is done fairly.

I preusme you won't be watching the second half then? Referees tend to favour the big teams in every league across every sport. So good luck finding another league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lol at berbatov, fergie admit you made a mistake and sell him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Ih fagan doesn't end this game with at least a yellow it will be an injustice.

nuxxx wrote: »
    lol at berbatov, fergie admit you made a mistake and sell him!
    :confused:

• Advertisement

did i say i agreed with eagle eye?

he was told to get out of the thread for expressing a different viewpoint, which is what i was commenting on.

Who told him to get out? He is clearly wrong on the two incidents, makes him appear bitter which may go some way in explaining the replies he got , no?

°°°°°

ragg wrote: »
    Top 4 is far worse imo - refs are just afraid to give the decisions against them in case its wrong and one of the managers go radio rental on them in the press.

There are stpud decisions in games involving smaller clubs too, people just dont pay as much attention to them, that's the real difference.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

altidore is quality.. Really has all the pieces of the puzzel, just needs to put them together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

:confused:

He just flicked a ball up, and didnt bother to get on it again, just bowed his head and let the defender run off with it. That type of play really frustrates me, possibly more than others :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Stroller must be the most frustrating player to manage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement