Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icy Roads in Glenmalure

• 26-12-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

How's the state of the roads in the Glenmalure area? Thinking of driving there tomorrow mid morning.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

My guess would be that backroads would be ropey enough. I'm near Aughrim and our backroads are freezing up. If you don't have a 4x4 you'd probably be well advised to stay away if you can avoid it...

I took photos this morning which had Lug covered in snow... Thats not too far from Glenmalure.

I'm living near Aughrim myself so perhaps theres a boardsie that lives nearer your target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Went up Lug and came down via Slievemaan and Bellineddin today starting from Fentons. Drove M50, N81 to Donard and on to Fentons. Back roads were a little slippy first thing, but nothing too bad. Did hear on the radio though that the Sally and Wicklow Gaps were impassable so the Military Road over to Glenmalure might be a bit dodgy. Reasonable amount of snow about, especially coming off the top of Lug towards Slievemaan, pretty cold too and only 50m visibility on top .. great fun!

Advertisement