Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Puncture Repair Products?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

2007090510573981841_med.jpg

does anyone know where you can get this in Ireland, Cork would be even better?

i just cannot find it anywhere, its available to order from the uk, but most suppliers either charge crazy delivery prices or they wont ship to the republic.

http://www.slime.com/product/122/Smart-Spair-15-Minute-Emergency-Tire-Repair-(%23SS-PDQ/06).html

its meant to be better than tyre weld due to the fact that it does not ruin the tyre, it can be washed out, repaired, wheras products like holts tyreweld fill the tyre with gunk that ruin the tyre

"Smart Spair
    The SLiME Smart Spair is "THE SMART WAY TO REPAIR A FLAT TIRE". No need to jack-up the car or remove the wheel - just install SLiME tire sealant, reinflate your tire and go. Stow it under your car seat or in the trunk - The Smart Spair offers a portable solution for flat tire repair.

DON'T REMOVE YOUR TIRE
    DON'T WAIT FOR A TOW TRUCK
    DON'T BECOME A ROADSIDE STATISTIC
    FIX A FLAT IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS
    IMPROVE FUEL ECONOMY- USE AIR COMPRESSOR TO KEEP TIRE PROPERLY INFLATED
    SMART SPAIR™ INCLUDES:
    Slime Tire Sealant 16 oz. with Fibro-Seal™ Technology
    High-Power 12 Volt Air Compressor with Built-In Tire Pressure Gauge Inflates a Mid-Size Car Tire in 7 Minutes
    2’ Air Hose with Quick-Clip
    Long 10’ Power Cord with A/C Adapter for any Power Accessory Outlet
    Valve Core Removal Tool & Filler Tube
    Tools and Adapters for tires, balls, beach toys, air mattresses, inflatables
    Complete Instructions
    "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some reviews from google
    http://www.streetmachineclub.com/Reviews/Review.aspx?id=143054
    http://www.amazon.com/Slime-Smart-15-Minute-Emergency-Repair/dp/B00062ZIRC

I just have an inflated spare wheel in the boot (and call out from my insurance company if even that would fail).

Couldn't find an Irish seller, try a few factors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I use a version of the Slime in my bike tyres.
    Would be interested if you find a good price for this, not comfortable with herself being stuck somewhere on her own struggling with a wheel or waiting ages for AA or whatever.

At the moment she has tyreweld but just not confident that one little canister can get the wheel back to a useable pressure? Also, this issue of it being nasty gunk to get off the tyre and rim is putting me off the tyreweld.

One thing I would say - I wouldn't count on being able to explain the difference between this and other products to whoever is changing the tyre down the line.
    They may just insist that puncture-fix-fluid = extra charge for cleaning or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've used TyreWeld a couple of times and had the tyre repaired afterwards without extra charge. The can won't bring the tyre to full pressure, the idea is to spray in the entire contents of the can, drive immediately for a few miles and then inflate the tyre to its correct pressure. It's always worked fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Anan1 wrote: »
    I've used TyreWeld a couple of times and had the tyre repaired afterwards without extra charge. The can won't bring the tyre to full pressure, the idea is to spray in the entire contents of the can, drive immediately for a few miles and then inflate the tyre to its correct pressure. It's always worked fine for me.

That's why I'd consider supplying her with one of these kits instead!
    Try finding a petrol station with a working airline in the back arse of kerry at night, after driving with a half-inflated tyre...

Although to be honest, if putting in the Slime involves removing and replacing the valve core(as it does on the bike anyway), I'd be better off getting her a decent digital 12v inflater to back up the tyreweld.

How long have you left tyreweld in the tyre? alloys or steel rims? Any after effects?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

langdang wrote: »
    That's why I'd consider supplying her with one of these kits instead!
    Try finding a petrol station with a working airline in the back arse of kerry at night, after driving with a half-inflated tyre...

Although to be honest, if putting in the Slime involves removing and replacing the valve core(as it does on the bike anyway), I'd be better off getting her a decent digital 12v inflater to back up the tyreweld.

How long have you left tyreweld in the tyre? alloys or steel rims? Any after effects?
    TyreWeld with an inflater should do the job in most cases. I've used it with alloys, without problem. Do bear in mind though that it's useless for sidewall damage. I've had a bit of grumbling when having the puncture repaired, but they always did it in the end. From memory, i've probably driven a couple of hundred miles with the stuff in the tyre over a long weekend. The can alone will give you enough pressure to get home, although I can't imagine driving without fully inflating it will do the tyre any good. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭rohatch

Anan1 wrote: »

I have this in the boot. Used it once and it is a great product if the hole isn't too big. Lets face it who wants to be changing tyres on the side of the road now.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

rohatch wrote: »
    I have this in the boot. Used it once and it is a great product if the hole isn't too big. Lets face it who wants to be changing tyres on the side of the road now.

Get 2 or 3 cans for big wheeled cars IE 15 inch rims up.

Advertisement