Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought something online - they say now its not in stock?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

I (sadly) logged on yesterday and saw asics runners on sale from Arnotts (40%) off and my size available. Ordered 2 pairs and sat back happy in the knowledge that I didn't have to actually travel up to the sales today. I usually make a habit of hitting the sales the 1st day after Christmas but with the sales landing on St Stephens day this year that made things difficult.

Anyways.. checked my email earlier to see Arnotts had emailed to say that the items I bought weren't in stock and they'll refund my order. Pretty peeved off about it. Is the 1st rule of sales not 'make sure its in stock before you try sell it'?

I checked their site again and its showing that I can still order the same items and size.. so there must be no actual linkage between their stock control and their online sales.

Does anyone know what your rights are in this situation? While a refund goes some way to restoring the balance, I really just want to sale items as advertised and purchased.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

I dont believe one has any rights with regards to out of stock goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You have no automatic right to purchase goods at the price advertised. Unfortunately you have no come back in this situation.

If they continue to persistently offer goods for sale as being "in stock", which you know are not in stock, then this could be considered misleading and you can complain to the National Consumer Agency. But once-off mistakes don't fall into this category.

Advertisement