Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 problem - help required

• 26-12-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭

Recently my xbox won't display on my tv. Now its booting up fine, green lights, no red ring of death.

I tried it on another tv too so am thinking the cable is damaged. Is this possible? Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Make sure the cables are properly pushed into the sockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

howiya wrote: »
    Recently my xbox won't display on my tv. Now its booting up fine, green lights, no red ring of death.

I tried it on another tv too so am thinking the cable is damaged. Is this possible? Has anyone else had this problem?

make sure the switch on the component cable is set to normal tv as opposed to hdtv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 iSoap

I the cables weren't pushed properly into the sockets 4 red lights would appear around the ring. So that isn't your problem... Is your Xbox connected to an old CRT TV? If this is the case make sure the switch on the video output leading from the back of the Xbox is set to 'TV'. If you have it connected to a plasma or LCD make sure the switch is set to 'HDTV' because you would have used the HDTV component cables, i.e: the red, blue and green plugs. If that doesn't work make sure you have the TV channel set to the right extension (EXT) in relation to where the cables are plugged in to the back of the TV. eg: EXT 1, EXT 2 or HDMI 1, HDMI 2.

Advertisement