Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing mould from clothes?

• 26-12-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

My brother is being a drama llama and freaking out because his favourite shirt has mould on it, no idea how that happened as the rest of his clothes are fine but is there anything out there that can remove mould? I always thought if mould got on clothes that was that but said I'd ask anyway, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

Clare Bear wrote: »
    My brother is being a drama llama and freaking out because his favourite shirt has mould on it, no idea how that happened as the rest of his clothes are fine but is there anything out there that can remove mould? I always thought if mould got on clothes that was that but said I'd ask anyway, thanks.
    Well, bleach kills mold, but obviously this would only work if the clothes were white.

Otherwise I think a good wash in very hot water with plenty of detergent. Use the hottest water you can for the fabric type.You could add sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to the wash. This is great for neutralizing bad smells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Washing it as suggested would probably do the trick. Did he by any chance spill beer on it? Could explain why it appeared in the first place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Washing it as suggested would probably do the trick. Did he by any chance spill beer on it? Could explain why it appeared in the first place!

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened but he doesn't think so. Tried washing it as suggested yesterday and it faded a good bit but it's still there. I'll just try doing that again to see if it fades anymore. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Milton. Worked wonders many a time on my home economics apron in secondary school! Used to leave it in my locker but milton always cleaned it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Stain devil is good if you can get your hands on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement