Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Dixons Travel in Heathrow - Staff Lied

Options
  • 26-12-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Ok, so I was in London on the 21st and decided to buy a few presents on the way home for my parents in Dixons Travel (Currys with a different name) I bought a TomTom and an iPod Touch, both were sold with additional warranty (£30 per item to last 3 years) and i also purchased a TomTom accessory pack. Upon gifting the TomTom and the accessory pack we noticed the accessory pack was wrong and did not fit the model. At the time of purchase in the store I asked the salesperson if I could use the warranty at home outside of the UK and he said yes, its no problem bring it to any Currys store in ROI, so we went there today and the assistant said that the salespeople should not have said that as it is not true and is only valid for returns and warranty in the UK stores.

So I have spent £70 on a product and service that can not be used in Ireland, am I right in saying that they broke the consumer law of False advertising by telling lies to sell the warranty? What rights do I have? Im really stuck, any help would be much appreciated.

PS: The assistant in the store said I was about the 10th person this week alone to have the same problem in the one store in Carrickmines!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The warranty has nothing to do with the wrong accessory pack being provided. The warranty is protection against future breakdowns. In this case, the item was not fit for purpose.

As I see it, you have two issues

(A) You do not have the correct warrantly for your item - and were misinformed by a staff member

(B) your item is not advertised - i.e. you do not have the correct accessory pack.

You now need to contact Curry's in the UK and ask for remedy for both issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GavinBWood

I am the Head Of Operations for Dixons Travel, please contact me on gavin.wood@dsgiplc.com to resolve your concern.

Thanks

Advertisement