Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

party places in cork

Options
  • 26-12-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Looking for a place to have a party next month. looking for somewhere thats grand and does good food and not to pricey!! Don't need a huge room. someit to hold bout 50 to 80 people and be comfortable!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Im sure MacCdonalds still do birthday partys :p

Nah lol it depends on the type of party,I know that Cubans rent out a floor of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi ya, Party section in the middle bar in the bailey, there are party sections in old oak, think they are both reasonably priced you just pay for the food. Or upstairs in counihans, the red room at the back of soho is good, but food is fairly pricey. Hope you get somewhere nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Seloth wrote: »
    Im sure MacCdonalds still do birthday partys :p
    Apparently if you have a party of 20 or more they provide a free clown....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

curts82 wrote: »
    Looking for a place to have a party next month. looking for somewhere thats grand and does good food and not to pricey!! Don't need a huge room. someit to hold bout 50 to 80 people and be comfortable!

You could try the RSVP Lounge at the Boardwalk Bar & Grill...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Just wondering is it the norm to pay for room/section rental plus food or just food when booking a party in a pub . Looking to book something soon an would like to have an idea beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Give the rough age of the guests and a better suggestion might be made.

I'll always pimp out the Mardyke, it's cheap and cheerful, drinks are a good price and staff are sound.

But most bars will do a party and food if you ask. Try the Bourbon street bar on MacCurtain street, they provide Free Pizza if you organise a party there.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

It's an engagement party so there will be people I guess from 18-60 . Sorted a venue since I last posted anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 GirlWithBrain

Super party venue which I just can't rank highly enough is the Clarion. They have a number of different types of rooms you can pick (a section of the main bar, gorgeous room overlooking City Hall and the river, the penthouse!) and they're not too pricey either. Food there was fab and they're pretty flexible too letting you organise the music and decorations the way you want them. Totally recommend them!

Advertisement