Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM6900 firmware - rollback?

• 26-12-2009 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

I've just updated the firmware on my Technomate TM-6900-Combo-Super receiver to 7.04.

Unfortunately, it has a number of bugs and I need to roll back to an earlier version.

Does someone have version 7.00 on hand? - don't really want to go down the null-modem route (I have the 6.8x versions).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

there wasnt a 7.00 s/w. 6.88, 7.01, 7.02 and now a 7.04?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

7.01 / 7.02 would be fine.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm still using 6.87 on mine. Since the move to v7.x seems to be something of an overhaul, I've been wary of the upgrade (I believe harder to rollback to v6 except with null cable).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

byte wrote: »
    I'm still using 6.87 on mine. Since the move to v7.x seems to be something of an overhaul, I've been wary of the upgrade (I believe harder to rollback to v6 except with null cable).

I can confirm that the 7.0x patches are buggy.

To roll back to 6.xx, you would need a null-modem cable - which is what I have to do - I cannot "ignore"/"tolerate" the bugs found in 7.0x.

No, I haven't told Technomate about the bugs - they don't reply to emails, so there is no point in me sending a bug report to them.

Advertisement