Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good wireless mouse

Options
  • 27-12-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

hi all

i am thinking off using my telly as a monitor the whole time now
    and im going to have to get a lazer wireless mouse and keyboard..
    can anyone recommend a good make..its gona have to have about
    a 6 or 7 meter range just to be on the safe side...thanks:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Try and get a good keyboard with a built in touchpad (like on a laptop). Much better solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

Try and get a good keyboard with a built in touchpad (like on a laptop). Much better solution.
    good idea...do ya think i wouldent get a mouse
    with that range??thanks for the reply:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A bluetooth one should do it. A keyboard with a touchpad built in would bw much handier though. I'm trying to find a good one for my HTPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

A bluetooth one should do it. A keyboard with a touchpad built in would bw much handier though. I'm trying to find a good one for my HTPC.

k thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jock Strap

Hey if you do find a good one, let us know! Seems like a good solution for myself also.

• Advertisement

There is the logitech dinovo mini. It's quite small so very handy but it's over €100. I seen a toshiba one for about €60 as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

There's a reason why no-one uses those. You find them lying around in PC World attached to rigs and just don't realise you have to crawl to the arse-ends of the Web to pay €60+ for the privelige of actually owning one. And most of them are pretty cheap quality too - wonderfully gadgety but not always built to last. €60+ is just taking the urine :mad:

There are even cheaper ones with built-in trackballs on Dealextreme but you're still talking upward of €30 for one of them; again a bit steep for peripherals that look like they fell off the back of a lorry :o

Edit again: Found a nasty cheap trackpad one there too. But its bulky, cheap and costs €40. Poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=touchpad+keyboard&x=58&y=21

I was looking for one aswell, so are they any good or are they all sh1te?

same thing as OP, just want to use my telly as monitor for my second rig. I have a remote control now which is fine for watching film but would like to have a keyboard aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Picked up one of these in PC world for only 30 euro http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2008283,00.asp

its sold as a laptop mouse but works great, it's a nice size and has all the features you'd get in a much more expensive mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Solitaire wrote: »
    There's a reason why no-one uses those.

I have this and find keyboard excellent, especially when surfing/working from the couch. Good thing is all you need for support is your lap.

I have wireless mouse/keyboard combo but you can really only use it at a desk. I have tried trackballs in the past but did not like them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement