Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why No Rugby Games For Xbox?

• 27-12-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain why there (as far as I know) have been no rugby games for the Xbox 360? EA Sports don't even release a rugby game every year it seems for any console.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I was wondering this too lately. I used to love "Rugby 20-whatever" on PS2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Maybe it stopped selling well and they feel no one would want one. Even though I know lots of people who would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's not like EA would have to mod the madden series much but I'd say it's a numbers game. Much as i like watching rugby I would have no interest in a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Might just be PS3 but at least there may be hope of a Rugby game on a console of some sort...

Wikipedia (but did read it elsewhere too ;) ):
    Rugby (rugby union) series
    Started at Rugby World Cup 1995 on Sega Mega Drive which went on to Rugby 2001 (A late version of Rugby World Cup 1999) PC only, Rugby, Rugby 2004, Rugby 2005, Rugby 06 and Rugby 08 all on PlayStation 2 and Xbox as well as PC
    In a recent interview for PS3 magazine Peter Moore hinted at a Rugby game coming soon to Next-Gen Consoles. He said,"Stay tuned for Rugby and Cricket debuting on PS3."

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hard to get a game that would barely sell in the US, Japan and most of Europe off the drawing board alas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Just for the PS3? :(

I used to love the Rugby 2005 game for the original xbox. It was great craic, but when you were first to the breakdown, you couldn't dive on the ball, you had to wait for your pack. I'd love if they made another rugby game.

It always annoyed me that there were no rugby or F1 games.... at least F1 is coming soon. Although, having got Forza 3 for Christmas, I have to say its savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

amacachi wrote: »
    Hard to get a game that would barely sell in the US, Japan and most of Europe off the drawing board alas.

Fair point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

flyswatter wrote: »
    Fair point.
    I'd probably pick it up if it did come out. Obviously I'd prefer a Rugby League game on the Xbox but that's only going to happen in a more logical parallel universe where League is the more popular sport. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Jonah Lomu Rugby, with original and updated roster and rules, on xbla and psn please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Jonah Lomu rugby was such a great game!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

mise wrote: »
    Jonah Lomu Rugby, with original and updated roster and rules, on xbla and psn please
    Raoul wrote: »
    Jonah Lomu rugby was such a great game!!

+1000000000000000000000000000 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This question pops up on boards every 6 months or so.

The answer is there would not be a fan-base of console owners who would go out and buy the game.

It would top the charts in Ireland and New Zealand, it would do well in Austrailia and UK but no company wants to take a risk considering it wouldnt sell 250,000 in the USA or Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's quite obvious why there isn't one.

1. the only way these games sell these days are by being officially licensed. EA have that license. no one likes good gameplay, look at PES vs Fifa (barring the last two years) PES was the better game but didn't have the licenses so fifa (the ****ter game) sold much more favourably.
    2. EA are cash grabbing money whores.
    3. EA they'd have to sacrifice a dev team to make the game.
    4. it wouldn't generate them enough money to warrant doing point 3.
    5. madden/woods/soccer etc have audiences. rugby outside of several european and a handful of southern hemisphere countries it won't sell well.

they will release one in 2011 for the world cup like they did for the last world cup as they'll get a load of impulse buys.

Jonah Lomu rugby is a good game (still play it regularly on my ps3) but christ it's 13 years old, ya think a dev team would have gotten together and develop another good rugby game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

How do you play Lomu on your ps3?

Rugby 2005 was a decent job by EA and with a few bits of tuning, graphics and team updates would be a decent game for 2010. Was it made in New Zealand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

How do you play Lomu on your ps3?

Rugby 2005 was a decent job by EA and with a few bits of tuning, graphics and team updates would be a decent game for 2010. Was it made in New Zealand?
    it's a ps1 game, all ps1 and ps2* games run on a ps3.

*ps2 games only run if you have a original 60gig ps3 like smart people like myself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

it's a ps1 game, all ps1 and ps2* games run on a ps3.

*ps2 games only run if you have a original 60gig ps3 like smart people like myself :pac:
    Ah just realised that. I'm out of luck with a 250gig ps3 and no copy of Lomu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Ah just realised that. I'm out of luck with a 250gig ps3 and no copy of Lomu.

If you can find a copy (check ebay) it'll work on your ps3.

All ps3's can play ps1 games.

Advertisement