Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 - Transfer Tips (Manager Mode)

Options
  • 27-12-2009 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having trouble signing players in manager mode on Fifa. Ive started a campaign as Liverpool and noone will sign for me. Im offering 2 or 3 times their market value and well above their wages. These arent superstars either (Lavezii, Baloteli, Suarez etc).

Any ideas how to get around this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

Your problem here mate as I see it, is that you're playing as Liverpool. Players tend not to be attracted to mid-table clubs. Hope this helps. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Your problem here mate as I see it, is that you're playing as Liverpool. Players tend not to be attracted to mid-table clubs. Hope this helps. :D

Classic... :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Mike Bassett

Erm on a more useful note I think FIFA's manager mode is quite glitchy and I think not being able to sign players is a common complaint. All you can do is offer slightly more than market value and get their interest levels up to 75-80 % by bumping up the wages. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

This.

And, as pointed out, you'll need the players interest level in your club to be at least 70-80%... any lower than that and its very unlikely they'll sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Erm on a more useful note I think FIFA's manager mode is quite glitchy and I think not being able to sign players is a common complaint. All you can do is offer slightly more than market value and get their interest levels up to 75-80 % by bumping up the wages. Hope this helps.

Yeah it seems glitchy. Each time I go into the menu it gives me a different reason why they wont join.
    Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    This.

And, as pointed out, you'll need the players interest level in your club to be at least 70-80%... any lower than that and its very unlikely they'll sign.

How do I get it higher though ? Seems a bit silly to me. The players Im trying to sign are playing for clubs like Lazio, but they dont seem to think Liverpool is big enough. Im offering them big wages and big transfer fee. Maybe I have to actually win the league before players are interested ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Tusky wrote: »
    Yeah it seems glitchy. Each time I go into the menu it gives me a different reason why they wont join.

How do I get it higher though ? Seems a bit silly to me. The players Im trying to sign are playing for clubs like Lazio, but they dont seem to think Liverpool is big enough. Im offering them big wages and big transfer fee. Maybe I have to actually win the league before players are interested ?

I'm Liverpool in a season too I can't sign Given or Ashley Young.The problem I think is that Liverpool are aiming to qualify for Europe while in Fifa Villa and City are aiming to win the league so in other words they are not going to drop to a lesser club. It's really frustrating as with them 2 I'd probably win the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

im arsenal and ive only started manager mode and ive signed
    mandanas(GK)
    Abidal(Cb)
    jagielka(cb)
    Jesus navas(lm)
    yaya toure(cm)
    gignac(st)
    all you got to do is in staff upgrades put negotiater up to 10 and offer them a high wage with 15% bonus which usually gets them 79% interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Tusky wrote: »

Whats your negotiators skill level? Have you tried to upgrade it or what is it currently?

When you offer them bigger wages, does their percentage interest increase? Have you offered them a signing on fee/yearly wage increase (Whatever that third option is).

Have you checked the reasons why it says you've been rejected? Is it the player or transfer fee? Some players just will not want to move to you no matter what you do.

I haven't played a lot of FIFA 10, maybe half a season of manager mode but I could sign players with a decent negotiators level, and throwing money at them.... providing I'm not trying to sign, Given for United for example (He has 0% interest at the start!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but the exact same thing was happening to me. I was trying to sign a player worth €850,000. he was 79% interested but no matter what I offered for the transfer fee, even €21 million, it was always rejected. And no reason was given either (the result field was empty).

Anyway, after a quick google I discovered this is due to a bug which makes it impossible to sign a player you have shortlisted.

So I made another offer, €900,000 this time, removed him from my shortlist, played a match and boom, I signed him.

The amount of bugs in this game is ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Benzino wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up an old thread, but the exact same thing was happening to me. I was trying to sign a player worth €850,000. he was 79% interested but no matter what I offered for the transfer fee, even €21 million, it was always rejected. And no reason was given either (the result field was empty).

Anyway, after a quick google I discovered this is due to a bug which makes it impossible to sign a player you have shortlisted.

So I made another offer, €900,000 this time, removed him from my shortlist, played a match and boom, I signed him.

The amount of bugs in this game is ridiculous!!

I was thinking of giving manager mode another go, so the first thing I did was shortlist all the players I wanted. Thanks for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dalezee

I have never been rejected a bid on Fifa 10 in Manager Mode. I put the money up to a decent amount, and the salary pretty much decides if you will sign the player or not. I usually have the salary to 75-80 % and i have never failed to sign anyone. The other thing that matters is the years the player will sign for, if they are old then they won't sign for a long time, but if they are young you can have them for 5 years. You don't have to increase their Bonus :):D hope this has helped someone
    My manager mode team:
    REAL MADRID;)
    Keeper:

Casillas (GK)
    Defence:

Sergio Ramos(RB)
    Raul Albiol (CB)
    Pepe(CB)
    Evra (LB)
    Midfield:

Gourcuff (CM)
    L. Diarra (CM)
    C. Ronaldo (RM)
    Kaka (LM)

Strikers:
    Benzema
    Nani

Subs:
    Higuain
    X. Alonso
    Arbeloa
    Garay
    Marcelo
    Galbraith

Got danny galbraith from hiberian, only reason i have him is because i know him haha, and i know he is only 59 in rating:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HuD 123

People say that they can never buy people all's you have to do is press right on the D-Pad 10 times to the transfer value and get them to 75-85% interest in your club...

Sometimes it might say "they scoff at your offer" thats because over the the few days that you skipped from one match to the other there value has gone up, so always check if there value gone up before you get mad like i used to ;):D;) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 spurs guy

Im having tryng to sign people for Aston Villa (Kolarov Skrtel Pedersen Raul egt ) wont join help please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Even more infuriating is what just happened me. Nearly smashed the tv in rage. Started off with notts county, won some leagues, moved to Newcastle, then to the PL with Stoke, then to Juventus. All over a 6 year period. When I got to Juve I am billions in debt, yet I can use that money to sign players but not upgrade staff etc. AM INFURIATED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 spurs guy

what team should i be in manager mode

city

sorry CITEH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

spurs guy wrote: »
    Spurs? I like Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

spurs guy wrote: »

You should do what I did. Start with a really poor team in a lower division. I chose Hereford in league 2 and work your way up through all the leagues until you can win the champions league. It is hard work at the start but after two years you will become a 5 star manager. At the start you have a very poor tream and have no money the only way to get good players is by using the scouting and also increase his level under options so he will scout you better players. It is very rewarding at the end if you stick with it and win the champions league with what was a league 2 team.

Advertisement