Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change "Thanks" to "Thanks/Agree"

Options
  • 27-12-2009 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

Would it be possible to change the tooltip on the "Thanks" button to "Thanks/Agree"?

The reason I ask is because most of the time people are agreeing rather than thanking...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What about when people are doing them (sometimes) sleazy thanks on boards member pictures?

Not really a thanks or an agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In fairness, "Thanks/Agree/Mmm, I would" is a bit of a mouthful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Personally I think there should be two buttons.

One for 'Thanks/Agree', and one for 'Helpful post'.

It would probably only work in theory though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I thank a post if i agree with it in a political debate, makes me laugh in the humor forum, or "id hit that sh1t" in the know your nerds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

I might thank a post I don't agree with at all, if it made a valid point or a good argument, was funny or informative or just very well written.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What about changing it to just "Thumbs up from"? This would appear to cover all bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

stovelid wrote: »
    What about when people are doing them (sometimes) sleazy thanks on boards member pictures?

Not really a thanks or an agreement.

Ah, I think posters know when they're being thanked in such a manner, don't you? ;)

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Ah, I think posters know when they're being thanked in such a manner, don't you? ;)

When they're hot? :D Perhaps a lustful red one for those threads would be good.

I like thanks the way it is. The context (generally) is enough to identify how it's meant and even if it doesn't, it's just a general dab of goodness and approval. Not sure it needs to be explained to the target of thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you could change it to "hearts" or "luvs" or "likes" this post, instead of thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

When they're hot? :D Perhaps a lustful red one for those threads would be good.

I know you're being tongue in cheek, but that would be just taking it sleazy, as originally propagated by a certain tombstone toothed exile from the UK.
    I like thanks the way it is. The context (generally) is enough to identify how it's meant and even if it doesn't, it's just a general dab of goodness and approval. Not sure it needs to be explained to the target of thanks.

Plus a haon.
    you could change it to "hearts" or "luvs" or "likes" this post, instead of thanks

I disagree. The term is generic enough, and as described here as it applies to pictures of folk with or without friends, or posing in toilets or with guitars, a thanks can be either, "Hi m8", "LOL", or "Please notice me". Better off not quantifying that, I reckon.

• Advertisement

I know you're being tongue in cheek, but that would be just taking it sleazy, as originally propagated by a certain tombstone toothed exile from the UK.

I was joking. Never really liked the whole thanking (non-jokey) personal pics thing. Obviously, I'm not criticising people that do though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Oh of course. Each to their own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

or "likes" this post, instead of thanks
    Yeah I agree with that, I "like" that idea but would we need a dislikes then too? It might be like FB then, we get to say we like stuff but then some might want to be able to dislike. I'm not picky, I usually just "thank" a post I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I always thought that it was a somewhat flawed version with "like / thanks" particularly in shocking pics. / stories. I was flicking through the Moving photo's thread and there were pictures that were very disturbing but brilliant and always feel weird saying "Thanks" or on FB "Like"

Advertisement