Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone caught their cat on the kitchen table?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 5:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was invited to Christmas Dinner this year by a friend when their cat was caught devouring a cream cake on the kitchen table when backs were turned.

To make matters worse it just sat there when it was screamed at. I was in stitches over the matter but my friends mother was mortified. It got thrown out into the cold after that. :(

Has anyone else ever had similar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 big zeb

not another fat cat developer who got the cream story, was it a celtic tiger by any chance?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

If there is food, a cat will eat it.

They are opportunists

One of ours does the most amazing things to get extra food... like leaning in through the kitchen window and licking mayonnaise off the eggs.

He has been banned from the kitchen this week.

And of course he ignores being shouted at! Food is there so food is for him.
    I was invited to Christmas Dinner this year by a friend when their cat was caught devouring a cream cake on the kitchen table when backs were turned.

To make matters worse it just sat there when it was screamed at. I was in stitches over the matter but my friends mother was mortified. It got thrown out into the cold after that. :(

Has anyone else ever had similar experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yup my friends cat (not all of them) will get up on the table or counter if there's something about - even though she's given out to them umpteen times. Bit harder to train cats not to do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

My cats don't come into the kitchen anymore, they have one end of the house (the non-kitchen end) and the dogs have the other. But, I have caught a couple of huskies on the kitchen table:eek: We can't leave anything out on any surface in the kitchen. THey will take glass jars and bottles and open them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Like ISDW the dog will climb on the table given a chance, the chairs have to be kept pushed in. It's an untreated pine table. The dog managed to climb onto it once while wet and lay in the middle of it. We found him asleep after god knows how long. The damp from him seeped in and there was a large damp splodge in the middle of the table for weeks. :rolleyes:

The cats seem to live on a different level and manage to get around with a minimum of stepping on the floor. This involves sitting on the table/in the sink/ on the tumble dryer a lot. They also have a thing for sleeping on clothes which they shouldn't. They often sleep across the clothes horse. 9 times out of ten if I've done a white wash the black cat will lie across the rungs, if it's a dark wash the light grey cat will do it. The cats now have to be kept out of the kitchen if there is food about and out of the spare room if I've done washing.:mad: Their available area is shrinking.

(for the record I have a large supply of disinfectant wipes for my kitchen surfaces. I need them :D)

• Advertisement
Advertisement