Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Tattoos?

Options
  • 27-11-2004 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

anyone know what the story is with getting a lip tattoo done in any of the shops in town. internationally alot of the tattoo parlours wont do it. so does anyone know what the situation is with the shops in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

A lot dont do face/head or hands.... but you would have to ask them yer self to be sure. What the hell would you get done on your lips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

not *ON* my lips, inside my bottom lip. i was thinking of getting "jerk" written.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Like a horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ouch :eek: best of luck there!!! have you seen this done?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It not being done by a few shops... maybe cos its bad & dangerous to your health?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

what are the dangers could someone explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

its not a danger issue, its just that the tattoo itself tends to smudge after a while if its not done leaving lots of space between the letters. theres plenty of pics on www.bmezine.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

They are useless unless you want them for a temporary joke, and you can be almost certainly guaranteed that it will just smudge with time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

I am MAN wrote:
    you can be almost certainly guaranteed that it will just smudge with time

cant the same be said for all tattoos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Ali Cat

yes, but to greater and lesser extents, because of the environment inside the mouth it is not the most viable place to get tatooed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

lip tattooing isnt sore and its safe, you would only be getting a character or a number there and it takes as long as it would if you would write the letter or number, i know a good few people with it, i might get it done soon, looks pretty groovy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 idiotproof

Story rather than advice, my cousin and his family moved to Hackney in London when he was young, he's mad proud of being from Ireland but unforunately sounds like he should be in Only fools and Horses, hes a bit of a hard case an was getting in fights with people not believing he was Irish and so...

"WHY THE FCUK WOULD I GET IRELAND TATOOED ON THE INSIDE OF MY LIP IF I WASN'T IRISH?"

When I saw it last he had had it for a year or so and it didn't look great but still readable so it still served his purpose.

Advertisement