Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BSOD when trying to remove external hard drive - help

• 27-12-2009 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hello,

I bought a WD My Passport Essential portable hard drive about a week ago. When I try to "safely remove storage device", by clicking the small icon on the bottom right, I often get a blue screen of death. Anyone know how to prevent this?

I've had a look through the FAQ on WD's site and apparently the hard drive could be in conflict with my Sonic DLA. It gave instructions to disable the DLA which I think I followed, but still no change. It then goes on to say that if this does'nt fix the problem I should uninstall Sonic DLA altogether. Is this a wise move? What does a DLA do anyway? Will removing it cause any major changes to my laptop? I fear the DLA might not be the issue and removing it will be permanent.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: And I'm using Windows XP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Ok so I removed the Sonic DLA and the external hard drive seems to be working as it should, fingers crossed it stays that way. :cool:

Thank you for reading anyway, mods feel free to delete this topic.

Advertisement