Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa V 'pool, a veritable six pointer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Corner that should be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Only one chance needed!

Get the **** in TORRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

<season starts here comment>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

I'm delighted, but it's very harsh indeed on Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

great calm finish.. warnock still think hes a pool player??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He doesn't miss those. Warnock to blame for giving it away, defence asleep from there. Thats why Villa won't finish fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Lady luck.

yeah but a home team that sits back looking for a point when they profess to have CL ambitions doesn't deserve any luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

5starpool wrote: »
    1 man, 1 goal.

Genius.
    About the only chance the lad had all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy Poxy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Unlucky Villa.

A draw would have been fair.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Have to say. Worst game of the season by far. Has Stevie G ever had a worse season for Liverpool in his career?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

have to say,lucas motm,played well today imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone watching Sopcast channel 69850?

What's with the picture of the mong creeping in after the goal? :confused:

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    yeah but a home team that sits back looking for a point when they profess to have CL ambitions doesn't deserve any luck.

This basically.

anplaya wrote: »

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Best Christmas Ever.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Bad Christmas for O'Neil

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

About the only chance the lad had all night.

That's why he is the player he is.

A draw would have been a fair result though. Liverpool had most of the possession and play, but Villa had the better chances.

Delighted with the win though, much needed.

That will DRIVE us have no fear Villa fans. We are STILL 2 points ahead of Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Torres a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Loving it!!!! A sh!t match summed up a sh!t and ridiculous build up to a sublime finish.

A draw was a fairer result, but if any team deserved to win, then it was Liverpool. Thought Villa had a look of being happy with a draw throughout, whereas Liverpool knew they needed a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I'm not even going to entertain that arguement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Best Christmas Ever.:)
    Weren't yiz top of the league last Christmas? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

awful harsh on villa

?

i thought he was man of the match for pool,played well in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

what a scummy three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Much better attitude by the Liverpool players tonight. Tonight they were willing to fight and keep going when things were not working.

Villa may feel hard done by the loss, and if they had a finisher like Torres in their own line up, then maybe things would have turned out differently.

But tonight I am made up with the result, and just as much so with the effort shown.

Could have fallen 8 points behind Villa, but now we find ourselves just two points behind them.

Next league game is Spurs, with the FA cup game against Reading beforehand, so another battling performance please.

Villain wrote: »
    That will DRIVE us have no fear Villa fans. We are STILL 2 points ahead of Liverpool

And we've been dire for about 80% of the season so far. You won't be above us for long.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A lucky 3 points but who gives a **** now 2 behind fourth place, what crisis? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Honestly don't see how you could pick a man of the match in that game...

If it should go to anyone it's Torres and only for the goal, because that is pretty much the only thing that warrants anything positive within that game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

m83 wrote: »
    what a scummy three points.

?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

gwan fernando :D

villa deserved at least a draw though. very harsh on them. bout time liverpool had a little jam on their toast and got a poxy utd-esque 90th minute goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Wow, talk about a smash and grab. Tis nice to to get a bit of good fortune again.

i thought he was man of the match for pool,played well in my opinion.

I don't really know how to be polite about this. So I won't say anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Villain wrote: »

Liverpool have been bloody awful in almost every respect while Villa have been flooded with cash and good players in the last two seasons and yet are just 2 points ahead. I know who I'd bet on to finish higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

in the context of THIS SEASON, what a massive massive 3 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

That was sweet. Crucial win for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I'd change the thread title tbh

Any highlights on tonight?

I don't really know how to be polite about this. So I won't say anything.

say whats on your mind .who do you think was it then?most of the players were awful,someone suggested torres for the goal but he did f.a for most of the game bar that.btw i dont rate lucas highly so that says something about rest of players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Hard luck Villa,the game was pretty much a draw in all regards bar 1.

The 'poxy' and 'lucky' comments are a little unwarranted though to be fair,if you have a finisher like Torres in your team you always have a chance of snatching one,that's what he's paid for after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I feel so bad for Villa right now. Pity they didnt get the win they fully deserved, never mind to go down to a late goal :(

Those last 2 results will break Villa hearts IMO, same old story I'm afraid.

Between City, Pool and Spurs now.

Pool for me, quite handily, you can't beat experience. Spurs are too inconsistent and City being City will f*ck it up somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Great result for Spurs and City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Never been so happy afte a win, especially this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

And we've been dire for about 80% of the season so far. You won't be above us for long.

You got a lucky goal in the dying seconds after a ton of drama with your keeper needing his boots replaced. Liverpool played terrible apart from Torres finish. If you beat spurs then maybe your season will be revived but if yee are relying on luck and a fit Torres then don't be so confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

iregk wrote: »
    Have to say. Worst game of the season by far. Has Stevie G ever had a worse season for Liverpool in his career?
    Have to agree with that. It looks like his legs seem to be going or else he's just lost the drive to play like he did before.

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool have been bloody awful in almost every respect while Villa have been flooded with cash and good players in the last two seasons and yet are just 2 points ahead. I know who I'd bet on to finish higher.
    Liverpool were still Crap they got a lucky bounce of a ball that was the only difference and we were missing one of our best players if not our best creative player.

Liverpool got lucky they didn't play well that Aqua man is never going to replace Alonso Gerrard and Torres can only get you so far. Villa will be right up there for 4th and again I say imo this will Drive Villa on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hard to give MOTM to anybody other than the best keeper in the league....Pepe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Lovely jubbly. Didn't deserve to win it but we'll take it. That's the thing with El Nino he may not be on form but give him a chance and he'll stick it away not a bother. Defensively, Liverpool played solid. Closing down well in midfield and defense was fairly organised aswell. Offensively we were rubbish. Couldn't hold onto the ball and had zero creativity. Time to drop Kuyt. I'd personally prefer Babel to be given a start on the wing, even though I don't really rate him either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement