Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa V 'pool, a veritable six pointer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Come on the Pool, fnck the begrudgers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sucker punched ,

The one player on the planet you don't want to see the ball breaking too .

Hard luck Villa ,ye did enough to get something out off the game ,
    As for Liverpool ,ye got a lucky break in the end but still think most fans would have been happy enough with that performance even without the goal,

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm in work managed to sneak off and just catch from the 91st minute on, de-****ing-licious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Jazzy wrote: »
    gwan fernando :D

villa deserved at least a draw though. very harsh on them. bout time liverpool had a little jam on their toast and got a poxy utd-esque 90th minute goal

liverpool had jam on their toast a few times last season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Villain wrote: »
    Liverpool were still Crap they got a lucky bounce of a ball that was the only difference and we were missing one of our best players if not our best creative player.

Liverpool got lucky they didn't play well that Aqua man is never going to replace Alonso Gerrard and Torres can only get you so far. Villa will be right up there for 4th and again I say imo this will Drive Villa on
    They won't be too far off but ye ain't gonna be in the champions league next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Never been so happy afte a win, especially this season.
    Istanbul...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Unlucky for villa at the end, us liverpool fans know how that feels this season.

Kuyt needs to be rested:rolleyes: permanently imo, he couldnt create a trifle dessert with 3 buckets of sponge, jelly and custard, never mind a chance for torres. The great man worth his weight in gold with the finish. Give babel or pacheco 3/4 games on the trot, and i mean on the trot instead of kuyt, both those lads need football and kuyt needs a kick up the hole, dropping him for a few games might just rejuvenate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

what a scummy three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

m83 wrote: »

Did you not post this already? Tourets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

If only villa had a torres, rooney or drogba
    They'd be made up then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

m83 wrote: »
    But a tasty scummy three points. Yum yum.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

magma69 wrote: »
    They won't be too far off but ye ain't gonna be in the champions league next year.
    I have NEVER said we will I said 2 weeks Liverpool were favourites for it imo but Man City and Spurs have big squads and god knows who City could buy in Jan.

My point is Liverpool got Lucky they did NOT win the game because they have started playing well, Villa were very unlucky and nothing in that game says we won't be in the race come the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Liverpool were still Crap they got a lucky bounce of a ball that was the only difference and we were missing one of our best players if not our best creative player.

Liverpool got lucky they didn't play well that Aqua man is never going to replace Alonso Gerrard and Torres can only get you so far. Villa will be right up there for 4th and again I say imo this will Drive Villa on

If it was possible to have an internet bet on this I'd be up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

flahavaj wrote: »
    Those last 2 results will break Villa hearts IMO, same old story I'm afraid.

Between City, Pool and Spurs now.

Pool for me, quite handily, you can't beat experience. Spurs are too inconsistent and City being City will f*ck it up somehow.

I'm ****ing sickened here but what a complete overreaction. You only have to look at the table to see why that is a bull**** thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

good to see benni go in for that challenge and ball fell nicely to nando.. in fergy time too..

quality wasnt great but 2 points behind is better than 8.

• Advertisement

Doodee wrote: »
    You got a lucky goal in the dying seconds after a ton of drama with your keeper needing his boots replaced. Liverpool played terrible apart from Torres finish. If you beat spurs then maybe your season will be revived but if yee are relying on luck and a fit Torres then don't be so confident.

Your best striker couldn't put the ball away when it mattered. Ours could.

Nothing to do with luck.

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    If it was possible to have an internet bet on this I'd be up for it.
    Are you having a problem reading my posts??? What would you be betting against that Villa will be in with a chance of getting 4th??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

delightful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

What a weird patch of play .....Yossi Benyoun gets robbed from behind , defender slips , balls breaks to Benyoun , ball squirts out to torres ...........bang GOAL !!!! If Yossi Benyoun didnt go into THAT tackle for the ball at that very moment it would have ended in a draw , a massive 3 points , from someone at last showing a bit of effort to get to the ball instead of funking out of the Challenge :D

Are you having a problem reading my posts??? What would you be betting against that Villa will be in with a chance of getting 4th??

Yes.

Two defeats in three days doesn't drive a team on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

curry-muff wrote: »
    I feel so bad for Villa right now. Pity they didnt get the win they fully deserved, never mind to go down to a late goal :(

Why the nonsense?? I know you follow Utd, but why the nonsense!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why the nonsense?? I know you follow Utd, but why the nonsense!!!

Sometimes it is pointless trying to figure out how another persons head works..

Based on that performance, both teams deserved zero points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

BERBA wrote: »
    Great result for Spurs and City.

ANOTHER VICTORY TO ADD TO THE ONES ALREADY IN YOUR HEAD GREAT JOB SOLDIER

personally I do believe that if 3 points were to be awarded villa deserved them more and had a lot more clear cut chances then liverpool. reina played excellently though and a bit more luck and villa could have taken this. as mike said though, when you have someone like torres (who was shut out all game by richard dunne :) ) you always have an opportunity to win a match.
    still problems in liverpools game. concentration and lack of width being the most obvious here

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

'Hmm, played poorly but scored a late goal, wow, did Rooney get it yeah? Quality player him, that's why I reckon United will win the league, even when they don't play well, they still get the result, you know?'

'Yeah man, but it was Liverpool, Torres got it.'

'Pah, two man shower of jammy luck box scousers, they've no chance of coming fourth if they need a bit of luck to beat Villa.'

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Yes.

Two defeats in three days doesn't drive a team on.

Very often teams who lose in the last minute to a lucky game dig and it drives them on, MON is not the best manager in the league by any stretch but he imo is the best man manager and best at getting the most from him players, he will use this to drive them on.

Villa beat Pool at Anfield and Pool beat Villa at Villa park and Villa are 2 points ahead of Liverpool after 20 games, if you offered me that in August I would have laughed and taken hand and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

curry-muff wrote: »
    I feel so bad for Villa right now. Pity they didnt get the win they fully deserved, never mind to go down to a late goal :(

How in gods name do you think Villa 'fully deserved' a win?

Oh yeah, United fan trolling,lol.

The game was a draw but for the player every team on the planet wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Confused at all these 'Villa deserved to win' posts. Neither team were great and it would've been hard to complain at 0-0 as a scoreline. Both teams had about the same amount of chances, and I think Liverpool possibly just shaded in terms of possession/control of the game (althought nobody was in control of that game except for in short spells).

As Dannydiamond stated, when you have someone like Torres in your team, you always have a chance of snatching games like this. We see United do it all the time in games in which they're struggling.

But it was a very lucky break, the ball fell nicely for us and I can see why Villa feel hard done by. However as a Liverpool fan I think that it's a break we possibly deserve considering the amount of times these games based on small hinges have gone against us this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Agbonlahor had his one-on-one chance..and missed.

Torres had his one-on-one chance and scored.

Nothing lucky about it to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes only a class striker like Torres could have put a chance like that away. You cant legislate for a goal like that. But overall I thought villa had a good shape to them. But thats how games go sometimes.

How in gods name do you think Villa 'fully deserved' a win?

Oh yeah, United fan trolling,lol.

The game was a draw but for the player every team on the planet wants.

If this thread turns into a Utd - Pool bitch-slap I hope the Mods ban every single person involved, this is the Villa v Pool MATCH thread:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

You were just about as sh1t as we were to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Thought the game was a stalemate TBH, but with the best striker " in the whole world " (thanks JC) we were always going to pip them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Poor enough game, very cagey apart from a couple of 10 minute spells.

Liverpool took their chance, Villa didn't and that was about the difference.

Draw probably would've been about right but such is life. Liverpool should kick on from this I'd imagine.

dfx- wrote: »
    Agbonlahor had his one-on-one chance..and missed.

Torres had his one-on-one chance and scored.

Nothing lucky about it to be fair.

Do you know anything about the players involved?? Torres was at a good angle on his STRONG foot, Gabby was at a worse angle on his WEAK foot??

BTW nothing lucky or poxy about the Finish it was a class finish from a class player its how the ball ended up at his feet that is poxy imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Villa sat back with almost everyone behind the ball all game, Liverpool deserved the win and got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

IMO Villa have been shown up in last 2 games. Its between Spurs Pool and City now i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hard to give MOTM to anybody other than the best keeper in the league....Pepe

I'd agree. He has been immense this season. We'd be far worse off without him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

overall liverpool spent more time attacking i think but villa had the better chances created either on the break or from set piece. They should have taken one of their chances that fell to 3 different players but they didnt..
    Nando did and won it. (pepe helped too! ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Both teams were rubbish.

• Advertisement

Yes we were but we had a days less rest and had played Arsenal away and were missing our most creative player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

liverpool were a bit better than us, tho thats not saying much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Shirley your manager should of used the vast sum of money he has spent more wisely and built a strong enough squad to withstand losing ONE player!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Yes we were but we had a days less rest and had played Arsenal away and were missing our most creative player

I agree, Liverpool had the advantage of the days rest, but dont see the point in adding the 'Arsenal away' bit, you were the home team today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if this were 18 months ago youd be right, all ash does now is fall over and moan to the ref

micks wrote: »
    Shirley your manager should of used the vast sum of money he has spent more wisely and built a strong enough squad to withstand losing ONE player!:rolleyes:
    LOL Take Torres out and ???? :D

• Advertisement

Great result.

About time we scored in the dying minutes rather than concede.

Villa Park good to us again, my favourite away ground :)

Thank you Nando.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Talk about taking defeat on the chin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Tough on Villa to lose a match like that. MON was distraught.

Villa really have to work on their ball retention though, they just piss away possession far too much. Drop Carew and put a playmaker in that midfield and they'll be laughin, because they have everything else. Just don't ****ing lump it long after you've worked so hard to win it vback!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Martin O'Neill looks like he's going to break down and cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Don't do this.

If Vilal hadn't sat back so much they'd have gotten the draw. I'm always glad to see teams that settle for a draw get punished, especially when they're the home team. Ye had a massive chance to open up a huge gap to your main challengers for 4th tonight in a home game and didn't take it. With that attitude ye don't deserve CL football tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement