Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa V 'pool, a veritable six pointer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

To be fair to the players on either side tonight the conditions were terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Helix wrote: »
    if this were 18 months ago youd be right, all ash does now is fall over and moan to the ref
    5 Assists and 3 Goals, Yea thats right Helix, your never ending pessimism is getting tired tbh

micks wrote: »
    Shirley your manager should of used the vast sum of money he has spent more wisely and built a strong enough squad to withstand losing ONE player!:rolleyes:

Who's Shirley? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Just don't ****ing lump it long after you've worked so hard to win it vback!

theyre the tactics the manager wants us playing

flahavaj wrote: »
    Don't do this.

If Vilal hadn't sat back so much they'd have gotten the draw. I'm always glad to see teams that settle for a draw get punished, especially when they're the home team. Ye had a massive chance to open up a huge gap to your main challengers for 4th tonight in a home game and didn't take it. With that attitude ye don't deserve CL football tbh.

Did you see the UTD game? Worked pretty well then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

lol at O' Neill's interview!! 'We deserved to win and should have been clean out of sight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rarnes1 wrote: »

Your manager I think, must be a new nickname.:pac:

Villain wrote: »
    5 Assists and 3 Goals, Yea thats right Helix, your never ending pessimism is getting tired tbh

if you think a guy with 5 assists and 3 goals from 20 odd games this season is our most creative player, its certainly not me being the pessimistic one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

If this thread turns into a Utd - Pool bitch-slap I hope the Mods ban every single person involved, this is the Villa v Pool MATCH thread:mad:

You're trying to make this a villa-pool 'bitch slap' with your nonsense.
    You could have scored a late winner just as easily but you didn't,as I said hard luck.It's a tough way to lose a game that was pretty even but you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Liverpool were still Crap they got a lucky bounce of a ball that was the only difference and we were missing one of our best players if not our best creative player.

Liverpool got lucky they didn't play well that Aqua man is never going to replace Alonso Gerrard and Torres can only get you so far. Villa will be right up there for 4th and again I say imo this will Drive Villa on
    How :o. We won. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Villa were very unlucky. Draw would have been a fair result. Both teams were bad.

Yes we were but we had a days less rest and had played Arsenal away and were missing our most creative player

LOL

monkey9 wrote: »
    lol at O' Neill's interview!! 'We deserved to win and should have been clean out of sight"
    And they say Rafa's losing it :pac:.

Did you see the UTD game? Worked pretty well then ;)

It might get you the odd victory in 20 years alright, but in the long term its the kind of inferiority complex that true Champions League clubs are above.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Lets celebrate Torres and his terrific feat tonight. When the pressure was on, he got his fiftieth league goal, the fastest Liverpool player ever to do that. A tremendous achievement. Well done nando

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Bandit12 wrote: »
    And they say Rafa's losing it :pac:.

Liverpool win one match by luck in the 93rd minute and everythings rosy again???
    Liverpool were poor and Villa far outplayed them and deserved the 3 points not just a draw.

Take the victory with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

Very often teams who lose in the last minute to a lucky game dig and it drives them on, MON is not the best manager in the league by any stretch but he imo is the best man manager and best at getting the most from him players, he will use this to drive them on.

Villa beat Pool at Anfield and Pool beat Villa at Villa park and Villa are 2 points ahead of Liverpool after 20 games, if you offered me that in August I would have laughed and taken hand and all.
    To be honest for the first half of the season Villa have played way above themselves and Liverpool have been frankly dreadful. The fact Villa are only two points ahead of the reds say's a hell of a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Greatest striker in the whole world he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

rarnes1 wrote: »

shirley valentine im assuming ,film about a woman from liverpool.hence the reference 'shirley'

• Advertisement

curry-muff wrote: »
    Liverpool win one match by luck in the 93rd minute and everythings rosy again???
    Liverpool were poor and Villa far outplayed them and deserved the 3 points not just a draw.

You are talking about tonights game right? Villa "far outplayed" Liverpool :D This place is priceless

lol again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Win by playing bad.. I'll take that.. we will be destroying teams come jan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

If pool play the way they played tonight against villa next sunday week then it will be a handy double for spurs this season.

Lets celebrate Torres and his terrific feat tonight. When the pressure was on, he got his fiftieth league goal, the fastest Liverpool player ever to do that. A tremendous achievement. Well done nando
    He really is incredible is'nt he.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hi Martin.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

To be honest for the first half of the season Villa have played way above themselves and Liverpool have been frankly dreadful. The fact Villa are only two points ahead of the reds say's a hell of a lot.
    Played above ourselves really?

I take it we lost I just think people thinking that Pool are going to get 4th now and Villa will fade away could be wrong. We played poorly 2 days after a tough game and lost to a lucky deflection of an Assist.

Its 3 points lost nothing more nothing less imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

LOL Take Torres out and ???? :D

Exactly !

Take Torres out and ...................... They say Liverpool dont have a good enough squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Didn't think it was a great game tbh. Congrats to Torres, class strike by the best in the world atm.
    Villa shouldn't feel aggrieved, I'd still fancy them to finish fourth,

or fifth....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

1 Man team, but what a man! :rolleyes:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I take it we lost I just think people thinking that Pool are going to get 4th now and Villa will fade away could be wrong. We played poorly 2 days after a tough game and lost to a lucky deflection of an Assist.

6 point swing in one game alone.

They've gained 6 points on ye since Saturday morning.

Wake up and smell the coffee mate, its all coming crashing down again. And this from a United fan with a healthy dislike of all things liverpool.

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    if you think a guy with 5 assists and 3 goals from 20 odd games this season is our most creative player, its certainly not me being the pessimistic one

Youngs delivery is better than any other player imo his crosses can create goals look no other players imo, just look at how we beat Utd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

staker wrote: »
    class strike by the best in the world atm.

Drogba or David Villa weren't playing tonight mate.

Who said everything was rosy?

Far outplayed? :pac:

Attempts on target: Villa 7 Liverpool 9
    Possession: Villa 49% Liverpool 51%

What fcuking match were you watching? Were you even watching it?

A draw was probably a fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

How can you possibly say that Villa have played above themselves yet with a bit of luck on your side to win herald it that your season has turned around and you are out of the ****ter? MON went out and fixed the areas that were weak last season and the result is challenging for 4th.

Liverpool have gone from being Wannabe title holders to battling for 4th place, and all your talk of experience prevailing to get yee to 4th come the end of the season isn't the kind of confidence that will hold onto a striker the calibre of Torres.

If I was a pool fan I'd be bloody thankful of your luck tonight and hope that you don't loose a match between now and the end of the season cause it's not going to be a clear cut finish to the 4th spot by any means (not the title).

Youngs delivery is better than any other player imo his crosses can create goals look no other players imo, just look at how we beat Utd!

milner is twice the player this season

young needs a kick in the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Blah

Spin it whatever way you like we got the 3 points and that's all that matters is'nt it.:)

6 point swing in one game alone.

They've gained 6 points on ye since Saturday morning.

Wake up and smell the coffee mate, its all coming crashing down again. And this from a United fan with a healthy dislike of all things liverpool.

This is the type of doom I was talking about, we lose two games and its all over because it happened last year, difference to those who know what happened last year was we lost our captain and best defender and had no cover, this year we have Dunne and Cuellar with Collins as cover and Davies to come back soon.

LOL. You use one player missing as an excuse for losing to Liverpool when United had every defender in their squad missing for the game you're still boasting about. Again, inferiority complex methinks.

Spin it whatever way you like we got the 3 points and that's all that matters is'nt it.:)
    Its ok, that makes you smile and looking at the league table makes me smile :D

• Advertisement

To be honest for the first half of the season Villa have played way above themselves

most ridiculous post of the evening, well done

we havent been great at all this season, we're capable of a hell of a lot more. imo we're about 9 points worse off than we should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Villain

take a break :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

lol,same with villa when macheda scored against them,were they robbed then?didnt think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Would have expected a bit more graciousness in defeat from some posters. Shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

There's no way you can say that after these two games, was always possible we'd lose them. At least wait til we play our next two games, both winneable, and see if we bounce back. F*ck sake, talk about jumping to conclusions.

LOL. You use one player missing as an excuse for losing to Liverpool when United had every defender in their squad missing for the game you're still boasting about. Again, inferiority complex methinks.
    Boasting???? Where did I do that now, has someone hacked my account and posted something?? I did post about Youngs delivery as I believe he is the best crosser of the ball we have?

Headshot wrote: »
    Villain

take a break :)

Nah I'm enjoying this discussion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Using this image now for all poor windups on Liverpool match threads

cartoonbird2.jpg

Its ok, that makes you smile and looking at the league table makes me smile :D

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Chill out my man, heat of the moment and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

lot of toys being thrown out of the pram.

pretty poor game imo with neither team really taking it by the scruff of the neck. Pool got a fortunate winner (breaking to Torres like it did, the finish itself speaks volumes for Torres) when a draw would maybe have been a fair reflection of the match. Thems the breaks sometimes.

Advertisement