Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa V 'pool, a veritable six pointer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Doodee wrote: »
    How can you possibly say that Villa have played above themselves yet with a bit of luck on your side to win herald it that your season has turned around and you are out of the ****ter?

Liverpool have gone from being Wannabe title holders to battling for 4th place, and all your talk of experience prevailing to get yee to 4th come the end of the season isn't the kind of confidence that will hold onto a striker the calibre of Torres.

If I was a pool fan I'd be bloody thankful of your luck tonight and hope that you don't loose a match between now and the end of the season cause it's not going to be a clear cut finish to the 4th spot by any means.

If we don't lose a match between now and the end of the season then we'll be top 2. I think a lot of people would agree that Villa have performed well so far this season, the same would not be said for Liverpool, so which of these teams are open to improvement for the second half of the season. I cant see Liverpool being much worse in the second half of the season, so yea, I really think it will be a clear cut 4th place finish for the pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Doodee wrote: »
    How can you possibly say that Villa have played above themselves yet with a bit of luck on your side to win herald it that your season has turned around and you are out of the ****ter?

Liverpool have gone from being Wannabe title holders to battling for 4th place, and all your talk of experience prevailing to get yee to 4th come the end of the season isn't the kind of confidence that will hold onto a striker the calibre of Torres.

If I was a pool fan I'd be bloody thankful of your luck tonight and hope that you don't loose a match between now and the end of the season cause it's not going to be a clear cut finish to the 4th spot by any means (not the title).

I said nothing about experience :confused:. You must be quoting someone else lad. Liverpool have the better squad and the cream alway's rises to the top. Source for Torres leaving at the end of the season or are you just on a hyperbowl trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Villain wrote: »
    Boasting???? Where did I do that now, has someone hacked my account and posted something?? I did post about Youngs delivery as I believe he is the best crosser of the ball we have?

why does milner have almost twice as many assists then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

More than we deserved with duff performances from the usual suspects, but I ain't complaining. Roll on Spurs.

Headshot wrote: »
    Villain

take a break :)

This is the post of the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Boasting???? Where did I do that now, has someone hacked my account and posted something?? I did post about Youngs delivery as I believe he is the best crosser of the ball we have?

You've made a couple of snide references to the United win already in this thread (which is totally irrelevant to this thread btw) as well as using the loss of Young as a reason for the defeat. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Using this image now for all poor windups on Liverpool match threads

Im not trying to wind anyone up, its just everyone here seem to think that because of the victory today Liverpool are back at their best. That certainly is not the case. If they play like that again id expect everyone in the top ten to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Bandit12 wrote: »
    I said nothing about experience :confused:. You must be quoting someone else lad. Liverpool have the better squad and the cream alway's rises to the top. Source for Torres leaving at the end of the season or are you just on a hyperbowl trip?

Torres will not stay with a club that battles for 4th place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Lol at the Utd fans(not all of them) getting there knickers in a knot because Liverpool had the cheek to score a late winner and the fans are celebrating it.

Voyeurs? Obsessive?.. either way leave it out lads, can't be good for the blood pressure.

curry-muff wrote: »
    Im not trying to wind anyone up, its just everyone here seem to think that because of the victory today Liverpool are back at their best. That certainly is not the case. If they play like that again id expect everyone in the top ten to beat them.

all credability gone up in smoke, haha, Villa not a top ten side then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

apart from United of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Helix wrote: »
    why does milner have almost twice as many assists then?
    5 x 2 = 10 not 8 Helix.

Milner is a class player and has been our best player but imo Ashley Youing is more creative especially in close games where a set piece or cross is most likely to see us score. The other down side of Young been out is Milner has to be play wide and NRC has to play in the middle changing the system that seen us win 4 league games in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This is the type of doom I was talking about, we lose two games and its all over because it happened last year, difference to those who know what happened last year was we lost our captain and best defender and had no cover, this year we have Dunne and Cuellar with Collins as cover and Davies to come back soon.

You think the pressure is hard now, wait till you actually get in the top 4.

A win against Spurs would be massive for Pool as we've 3 very winnable games after that.

What's Birminghams fixture list like next month Villain? :eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Except Villa WAHEYYYY!!! Give it over will ya.

Anyone got a link to O'Neill's interview. :pac::pac::pac: Priceless stuff.

flahavaj wrote: »
    You've made a couple of snide references to the United win already in this thread
    Where??:confused:

Diggy78 wrote: »
    all credability gone up in smoke, haha, Villa not a top ten side then?

Yes they are, but a top ten side who played poorly.

5 x 2 = 10 not 8 Helix.

go look up the word "almost" there kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Everyone thinks this? Try no one,quote me one post, go on I dare you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

dont think the pool fans think liverpool are back to their best to be honest,be only deluding themselves.give them credit.if your team was going through a bad patch and won two on the trot for the first time in a long time,youd be delighted.

regarding the goal,doesnt matter how it was scored,or by who,or by in what minute,a goals a goal ,and that goal got them a priceless dare i say it morale boosting victory.

• Advertisement

It gets better and better..:D

K-9 wrote: »
    You think the pressure is hard now, wait till you actually get in the top 4.

A win against Spurs would be massive for Pool as we've 3 very winnable games after that.

What's Birminghams fixture list like next month Villain? :eek:
    Who talked about Pressure?, thats for tyres. :)

I would have thought Portsmouth was a very winnable game tbh so I don't think any games can be called "very winnable" this season

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Show me where 3 people have said that Liverpool are back to their best because of this result? If 'everyone' is saying it, then 3 clear examples should be too difficult to produce.

Im not trying to wind anyone up, its just everyone here seem to think that because of the victory today Liverpool are back at their best.

Example of this?

go look up the word "almost" there kid
    9 is almost "KID". I think the point I was trying to make about set pieces and crosses in close games was lost on you tbh

Oh yeah we are back to out best alright :rolleyes:

9 is almost "KID". I think the point I was trying to make about set pieces and crosses in close games was lost on you tbh

and the point im making that if ash was our most creative player hed have a few more assists than one in every 4 games is lost on you. thats pretty poor for a winger, never mind the player you alledge is the "most creative" in the villa side

so Liverpool have to play the same as tonight, and the top ten team have to play to the top of their game, got ya. :rolleyes:
    Think the only part of the idea that Liverpool are coming back to a little bit of form is that last season they always made teams look poor. (yes, I'm clinging to that). Agreed that the pool didn't play too well tonight but I dont think it was as bad as some are claiming. It was definitely an improvement in attitude at least.

• Advertisement

1st was to prove that sitting back and defending can work and second was about missing Ashley Youngs delivery, if you think thats snide I apologise but it honestly wasn't I don't do snide I say it straight.

Nice.

It's sad really.

It's good to see that some Villa fans can take a defeat graciously though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the fact that we are now two points behind villa after going through our worst patch for a decade or so while villa have been doing very well says a lot about the difference between the two clubs to be honest. I'd be more worried about Man City and Spurs being totally honest.

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to O'Neill's interview. :pac::pac::pac: Priceless stuff.
    Yes just saw interview.

"Sky reporter- It took the game a while to get going why was that.
    O' Neill- Well i think if you had seen the conditions perhaps that might have had something to do with it. It was snowing for quite considerable part of the first half
    was not a happy camper O'Neill

and the point im making that if ash was our most creative player hed have a few more assists than one in every 4 games is lost on you. thats pretty poor for a winger, never mind the player you alledge is the "most creative" in the villa side

I think his delivery is or most creative way of scoring tbh especially against quality teams, it was how we beat Utd and if I'm not mistaken his two corners led to the 2 goals to beat Chelsea too, no?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    <season starts here comment>
    Rosco1982 wrote: »
    And we've been dire for about 80% of the season so far. You won't be above us for long.
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    A lucky 3 points but who gives a **** now 2 behind fourth place, what crisis? lol

Couldnt be bothered looking for any more, these were the ones before I first posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Mr Alan wrote: »
    the fact that we are now two points behind villa after going through our worst patch for a decade or so while villa have been doing very well says a lot about the difference between the two clubs to be honest. I'd be more worried about Man City and Spurs being totally honest.

After yet another dreadful, uninspired Liverpool performance, you might want to worry about Fulham and Birmingham too.

After yet another dreadful, uninspired Liverpool performance, you might want to worry about Fulham and Birmingham too.

Be gob look who it is.

I believe your presence is required in that other thread.;)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nice.

It's sad really.

It's good to see that some Villa fans can take a defeat graciously though.

If you think those posts were as a snide remark about Utd you don't know me well or have many of my posts over the years here.

When we beat a top team the match thread was locked because fans of other teams couldn't stop trolling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Couldnt be bothered looking for any more, these were the ones before I first posted.

so what your saying is nobody infact said "we're back to our best"?

I think his delivery is or most creative way of scoring tbh especially against quality teams, it was how we beat Utd and if I'm not mistaken his two corners led to the 2 goals to beat Chelsea too, no?

so why the hell hasnt he got more assists if hes that good?

hes POTENTIALLY our most creative player, but hes been very very poor all the way back to when he was sent off against sunderland last season

of course youll completely deny that, because hes a villa player, which means absolutely everything he does is brilliant and beyond reproach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

You've already stated you don't want this thread to be about united-'pool,yet you mentioned your win over united at leat 3 times already since the final whistle.

Jeez,let it go,I understand your passion but you're starting to look foolish.
    Take a breather.

1st was to prove that sitting back and defending can work and second was about missing Ashley Youngs delivery, if you think thats snide I apologise but it honestly wasn't I don't do snide I say it straight.

No worries lad, I'd say do less worrying about United now and more about the Villa tbh.

Your manager looked a defeated man in his interview, not a good image to project after such a defeat.

End of the day Carew had the chance to head home from the corner. Awful miss. And Babel was equally culpable at other end. Anyway well done Torres the night belongs to you. Roll on 2010.

mayordenis wrote: »

:D

exactly, and it took an age to find those examples!!

mayordenis wrote: »

I never said anyone said it, i said people 'seemed' to 'think'.

Theres no point in arguing anyway, Liverpool won and everyone deserves luck sometimes. First back to back wins since september, maybe things are back to normality but I dont know. Enjoy the win and let me know come may ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Every one of your posts in this thread have been bullsh!t. Pure, laughable bullsh!t.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So you are taking loads of sarcastic comments as proof?

Well done that man.

You've already stated you don't want this thread to be about united-'pool,yet you mentioned your win over united at leat 3 times already since the final whistle.

Jeez,let it go,I understand your passion but you're starting to look foolish.
    Take a breather.

In reference to a discussion about our players, don't let perspective get in your way now.

Why should I take a breather, I'm a passionate fan who wants to discuss the match and I don't think I have insulted anyone or attacked anyone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oh you guys and your fourth place battle ! :D

/runs away

so why the hell hasnt he got more assists if hes that good?

hes POTENTIALLY our most creative player, but hes been very very poor all the way back to when he was sent off against sunderland last season

of course youll completely deny that, because hes a villa player, which means absolutely everything he does is brilliant and beyond reproach

He hasn't been playing at his best each week I agree 100% but he has the most ability to create chances imo you can call that potential if you like but against 2 title contenders it wasn't potential he was the one that delivered he has that ability and imo we missed it tonight, that was my point. And as you have said Milner has been our best player but he has been at his best in the Centre and because Young was out he couldn't play there so mising Young had 2 big effects on our team imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement