Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa V 'pool, a veritable six pointer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Torres a yard short of full pace at moment

Found a stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lucas is playing well, i feel. I think he's very good this season!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

anplaya wrote: »
    see him looking towards the referee when he went down there?then he was in pain.:rolleyes:
    injury at him again. Same happened in wolves game. Thru pass played into him but he was unable to latch onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then, can someone with a better picture than me say how its really been?

mike65 wrote: »
    So then, can someone with a better picture than me say how its really been?

Very much 50-50, no real clear cut chances. Both teams cancelling the other out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Lucas is boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Not much in it at half time. It's a fairly even game but realistically Villa could be one up was it not for Reina's save from Downing.

Yossi is probably the only one who has been poor for Liverpool, but nobody is really standing out. Gerrard has provided some creativity but his passes aren't quite coming off but it only has to happen once. Torres does look a little bit off the pace but he is causing some nervous moments for the Villa defence and I certainly wouldn't back against him scoring tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villa defending well but apart from Set Pieces we have nothing going forward.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Lucas is playing well, i feel. I think he's very good this season!!!

He's not really playing well he's just not playing badly.

He's only played two forward passes today, everything else has been sideways and he's on his way to giving away his usual five or six free kicks a game inside our half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That was a much improved performance from Liverpool compared to recent games.

Whilst things are still not clicking on the pitch, at least the players have upped their workrate to try and compensate.

I think it is the first game this season where Gerrard has looked interested, maybe the goal against Wolves has given him a needed boost.

Being level at half time is probably a fair score. Both sides could point to chances where they could have scored, and the Dunne challenge on Kuyt could have been a peno.

More of the same in the second half from Liverpool please, with some of the perspiration turning to inspiration around the Villa goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Villa should be 1-0 up
    Reina in the right place at the right time

flahavaj wrote: »
    Found a stream?
    Yeah i did thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Lucas is going to get sent off, there's no doubt about it, he's clumsy enough at times but in these conditions he's bound to get another yellow.

Whats up with Benny tonight? Tragic! Kuyt hasn't been bad but still looking a bit off. Our best chance of a goal is through the middle i think, Gerrard and Aqua are looking lively but Torres is still lookin rusty, all he needs is a half a chance though.

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    He's not really playing well he's just not playing badly.

He's only played two forward passes today, everything else has been sideways and he's on his way to giving away his usual five or six free kicks a game inside our half.

Sums up Lucas really. Plays it safe with relentless determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Channel Yes on sopcast is providing the usual excellent half time show.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

villa should imagine they are playing away from home....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Channel Yes on sopcast is providing the usual excellent half time show.:D

wtf is that....

Nothing is happening up front for either side. Villa have had more in the final third then us, but it's still very little to talk about.

Villa are magnificent behind the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

both yellows were ridiculous, although dunne was lucky as he got away wit a definate penalty. Lucas is having a very good game. Yossi has been poor. Torres looks off the pace. Weather is ****in brutal-there'll definately be a sending off.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Villa should be 1-0 up
    Reina in the right place at the right time

That's his job though.

It could be argued that Friedal was in the right place at the right time for the Gerrard shot he tipped over. Could also be argued that there should have been a peno.

I think being level is a fair reflection on the game so far though.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    both yellows were ridiculous, although dunne was lucky as he got away wit a definate penalty. Lucas is having a very good game. Yossi has been poor. Torres looks off the pace. Weather is ****in brutal-there'll definately be a sending off.

In what sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

injury at him again. Same happened in wolves game. Thru pass played into him but he was unable to latch onto it.

short end of stick,was after posting that after lucas' 'foul' on agbonlahor,not about torres

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Lucas has been immense, and regarding someone getting sent off it'll probably be him!

Are you saying that Yossi smells? ;)

Torres to get Dunne sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Seen the analysis now, jesus that is a pen.

How the hell does the ref not give that?

noodler wrote: »

Because the ref doesn't have the benefit of several replays like us. Extremely difficult decision to make in real time, I certainly wasn't sure at the time.

noodler wrote: »

Did not look a penalty in real time though. Once replays were shown then it became clear that Dunne got Kuyt and not the ball.

The ref was coming from behind the play, so his view was Kuyt's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

Because the ref doesn't have the benefit of several replays like us. Extremely difficult decision to make in real time, I certainly wasn't sure at the time.

linesman is looking straight at it but didnt have the strength to make a call on it..

mike65 wrote: »
    Are you saying that Yossi smells? ;)

Torres to get Dunne sent off.
    And Reina to break the 100 metre record when he races upfield to tell ref he has mistakenly given yellow card to wrong player

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Did not look a penalty in real time though. Once replays were shown then it became clear that Dunne got Kuyt and not the ball.

The ref was coming from behind the play, so his view was Kuyt's back.

The linesman had a better first time view than the TV cameras did (first time round).

I shouldn't have blamed the ref...maybe..but the linesman should have seen it.

Unlucky Aquaman, only reached row Y there

Villa showing liverpool too much respect here. No doubt Liverpool will take this.

Christ Lucas does sill ythings under pressure sometimes.

whats wrong with reinas boots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

missus just came in....
    "is big bird getting new shoes??":pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

studs

whats wrong with reinas boots?

Worried about his studs it looks like to me.

Or else hes timewasting for the draw. Viulla fans agree.:pac:

Nice piece of attacking play ruined by a Kuyt pass

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

staker wrote: »
    missus just came in....
    "is big bird getting new shoes??":pac::pac:

Give her a slap and send her off to the fridge for some beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I wish villa could make a few successful passes in a row before hoofing the ball.

• Advertisement

its amazing how little kuyt trusts himself to make a pass of more then 20 yards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

If I was Rafa I'd forget about everything else next week and make the lot of them practice 5 yard passes for the next 2 weeks, christ, you'd think that stuff would be a gimme.

Kuyt is always facing backwards....

Jazzy wrote: »
    its amazing how little kuyt trusts himself to make a pass of more then 20 yards

Its actually laughable.

Amazing to think he was touted as the best RW in the league a few months ago.

We're on top in the second half and Villa seem content to allow us to be.

and ppl laughed at me when i said every second touch of kuyts is a tackle...

very scrappy now, but some decent pressure seems to be building with Liverpool starting to get a head of steam up for a few minutes.

Jazzy wrote: »
    and ppl laughed at me when i said every second touch of kuyts is a tackle...

Hilarious, move on.

Jesus ****ing Christ. These lads couldn't make a successful pass in Coppers!!

Laughable

Much happier with the attitude Liverpool are showing tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement