Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biggest Disappointment of the Season?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Rooney. Most overhyped player in the premiership and has failed to step up to the mark since ronaldo left.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Yes was a very disappointing finish from Gerrard yesterday.

Not really familar with the concept of a "Season", are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Not really familar with the concept of a "Season", are you?
    As far as I know it begins in August and ends in May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Should this not refer to a person's own team? I just mean that could say, Gerrard's poor form, really be the biggest disappointment to a Utd fan this season??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I voted Gerrard myself, he's looked almost disinterested in quite a few games recently at a time when his club needs their big players to step up the most.

I don't agree that people should vote for their own club only, at the end of the day if someone's playing poorly their form can be labelled as disappointing regardless of your perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I voted Aquilini because he was heralded as Alonso's replacement and was said to be a fanatstic player . We have seen so little of him I can't judge if he is or isn't as good as made out, hence my disappointment.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I voted Gerrard myself, he's looked almost disinterested in quite a few games recently at a time when his club needs their big players to step up the most.

I don't agree that people should vote for their own club only, at the end of the day if someone's playing poorly their form can be labelled as disappointing regardless of your perspective.
    An another compelling argument made there

An another compelling argument made there

You'd prefer a detailed analysis of his ineptitude this year?;)

flahavaj wrote: »
    You'd prefer a detailed analysis of his ineptitude this year?;)
    Well you could have said it in the first post to begin with. End of the day some posters just waiting to jump on Gerrard. Doesnt matter that he became our top league scorer of the decade yesterday. You have to laugh sometimes.

• Advertisement

Well you could have said it in the first post to begin with. End of the day some posters just waiting to jump on Gerrard. Doesnt matter that he became our top league scorer of the decade yesterday. You have to laugh sometimes.

I hadn't decided yet.

Also its not a player of the decade poll, just like the manager of the decade poll isn't based on the 70's.;)

As someone else says I think its time you got a bit of air, mate, seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

For me, it has to be Gerrard but the only reason for this is that I hold the guy too such a high standard! Rio would be a close second. I just think that Gerrard has fallen further from the level he's consistently played at for so long. It's not a nice thing to see and I hope he gets some form back in the new year because, on his day, there aren't many in the premiership that I'd have ahead of him!

IMO anyone voting Lescott must be mental. Did anyone think he was worth the money City paid for him? No. So why judge him against that price tag. He's been disappointing compared to his performances for Everton but not the biggest disappointent of the season, surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Aquilani has been injuried. What are people talking about? Everyone know he would be injuried, so if you're disappointed in him, it suggests that you don't actually have the ability to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I said gerrard for the simple fact that he played the likes of aqualani and ferdinand havent had a chance to do anything not there fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

PHB wrote: »
    Aquilani has been injuried. What are people talking about? Everyone know he would be injuried, so if you're disappointed in him, it suggests that you don't actually have the ability to read.

And if you struggle to understand the post explaining why I voted Aqualain your comprehension skills are lacking.

The original question is a pretty broad one, it doesn't exclude players on injury grounds. I'm sure some liverpool fans are disappointed with him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's got to be Nani, with Ronaldo gone it was his chance to step up to the plate. Where is he now? Can he even make the reserves? What a disappointment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement