Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading RAM+GFX Card on new laptop

Options
  • 27-12-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    I got a new Sony Vaio for Christmas and I was wondering if it was possible to take one or both of the 2GB Ram sticks in my old laptop and put them into this laptop? It says it's capable of up to 8GB Ram and it's 64 bit.

Also, it says it has an Intel Media Accelerator for the Graphics Card..any way I can swap that out for a better Graphics Card?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    I got a new Sony Vaio for Christmas and I was wondering if it was possible to take one or both of the 2GB Ram sticks in my old laptop and put them into this laptop? It says it's capable of up to 8GB Ram and it's 64 bit.

Also, it says it has an Intel Media Accelerator for the Graphics Card..any way I can swap that out for a better Graphics Card?

Cheers

If the ram matches,then yes you can.

For the graphics card,no upgrades for you I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

All depends on the model vaio you got.
    Though, I doubt Sony would have a slot for you to upgade your graphics with, they're cheap and charge a fortune for the cheapness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

It's a VGN-NW20EF/S

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

it cannot be upgraded. no sony laptops allow graphic card upgrading. the main manufacturers that allow such a thing are acer, alienware and fujitsu, as well as some HP models.

Advertisement