Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird "snoring" / shuddering coming from back of washing machine?

• 27-12-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

My washing machine has started making a bit of an odd "snoring" noise every three minutes or so - it's powered down and doing nothing but it's a tad curious. The only thing I could think of that's changed recently is I turned the heating temperature up a tad yesterday - would it be something like the water getting fed into it being to hot? Not sure if it even takes a hot feed or not - going to have a shower and get rid of the very hot water in the system and see if it calms down - anyone any thoughts though?

Cheers!

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Might have a problem with waste, could be slightly blocked, after wash is done, when power off the sounds you hear could be coming from waste water slowly draining away through a restricted pipe.

You should have a wash machine waste up stand where hose drops into, or some other way for waste water from hose to drain, have a look behind and listen around those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Bingo. It's at the back of the machine alright - I can feel a shudder at the back panels. Oddly it seems to go away when I turn the heating on? So one of the pipes has done kind of goo in it from the machine? Or is it the pipes freezing up a bit with the recent weather? There's no external pipes so would my best bet be to drag out the machine and have a look? You reckon there's any immediate chance of any flooding or would it go back to normal after the temperature rises?

Cheers for the reply too!

John

as an aside the machine hasn't been used in about a week or more and the problem only started last night.

Advertisement