Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decadence - Swedish Melodic Thrash Metal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Getting a big vibe of When the Sun Burns Red from Kreator's Coma Of Souls album for the first song there.

Just looked on their MySpace page, and they have Kreator listed as an influence. Might explain that then. :D

Think I may have to dig out Coma Of Souls for a blast though, been too long since it got a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'll have to check out Kreator, I'm not familiar with them.

Coma Of Souls would be my favourite Kreator album, but most people seem to prefer Extreme Aggression, which was the album that came before COS.

If you are going to check them out, try to find the remastered versions as the sound difference is amazing, especially on the drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thanks Kess. I just went to here to have a listen to them. Some of the guitar riffs are very catchy e.g. Hordes of Chaos but I'm not liking the shrieking vocals. I can definitely hear where Decadence have gotten some influences from though :).

• Advertisement

The newer stuff is pretty average to be honest, and most of the 90's were poor. Mille tried to experiment a lot with his vocal style after Coma Of Souls and when he finally reverted back to a thrash style of vocals, his voice was never quite the same.

Do try to get a listen of the two albums I mentioned earlier, I think you may like them as the vocal style is not quite as high, and the guitar work is far better and more aggressive.

Advertisement