Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching CS350 Remote keypad

Options
  • 27-12-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to add a second remote keypad to my aritech CS350 alarm.

I've set the dip switches on the new keypad to ID2 & connected the A,B, C & D terminals.

The remote keypad just shows up its firmware number on the display, nothing else.

I removed the lid from the new remote keypad and it set off a "tamper" alert for remote keypad 2 on the panel, so it looks like there's some communication going on.

I tried powering up/down the system (including a battery disconnect) and still the same. I've checked all the connections and they look fine, is there something else i need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

You have to identify it. Enter engineer code. Scroll to outputs/remotes.Yes. Scroll to install remotes. Click yes and it will identify. Xxxx exit engineer? Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Key pad 1 dipswitch 1,2,3,4 OFF. Key pad 2 dipswitch 1 ON 2,3,4 OFF.
    Make sure you have the panel powered down when setting the dipswitches on the keypads. Enter engineer code. Scroll to outputs/remotes, enter. Scroll to install remotes, enter. The display will show what keypads are connected, enter.
    If it does not work power down the alarm and check the dipswitch setting and cable going to the alarm.

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

meercat wrote: »
    You have to identify it. Enter engineer code. Scroll to outputs/remotes.Yes. Scroll to install remotes. Click yes and it will identify. Xxxx exit engineer? Yes

Perfect thanks.

All i need now is to get the engineer code for the system. If anyone knows a handy way of getting it send me a PM. Otherwise i might just have to read the EEPROM as a last resort :o

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The factory code is 1278. Othewise its set by the installer.
    Who installed it?

Perfect thanks.

All i need now is to get the engineer code for the system. If anyone knows a handy way of getting it send me a PM. Otherwise i might just have to read the EEPROM as a last resort :o

There is no handy way of getting this unless the original installer gives it to you. A system default if the system is not eng locked and a reprogram is the only way around this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Thanks for the replies lads.

Do all the big installers just have one engineering code for all installs? or do they allocate random engineering codes & hold them in a database?

I'll try the original installer, but i haven't been too happy with their work, so won't be giving them any more of my money.

I can hold the main CPU in reset and read the EEPROM. I've never looked at one of these EEPROM dumps before but would guess the Engineers code would be beside the user code in the dump ;)

Your welcome DublinDilbert.

They might not be to happy to give you the code as some installers use the same code for all there installs but you can ask them to come out and set the code to the default of 1278 if they wont give you the code.

Advertisement