Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung F3 RAID0 Short Stroked

Options
  • 27-12-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

4218062573_f237aaf1fb_o.png

I thought these wold be fast,but I didn't think this much so.Definitly going to recommend these drives to anyone who asks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I have a few of the F1 and love them, read a review in CustomPC {and via the BitTech Podcast} and they also could not believe the speed difference.
    And there only a few euro more then the F1 models....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

And there only a few euro more then the F1 models....

Price/Performance FTW :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I wonder what speed they'd run at on a small-scale RAID5 array... *dreams*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I'm going to be making a Raid 5 with F1 next weekend if I get the new board & CPU in time.

May get 2 F3 as well if within budget....
    Solitaire wrote: »
    I wonder what speed they'd run at on a small-scale RAID5 array... *dreams*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Hi guys,

I posted a thread about improving my HDD speeds and was directed here, I've downloaded and run HDTune with the results in the attached image.

Any tips for improving the performance to the standards in the OP?

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I posted a thread about improving my HDD speeds and was directed here, I've downloaded and run HDTune with the results in the attached image.

Any tips for improving the performance to the standards in the OP?

What drive is that,the F1 ?

I'll help you out later,just out the door to a birthday party

Alright,You will get the best speeds by keeping your Data on the first 10-20% of the drive.To do this,when installing your OS,make a partition that is 10-20% of the total size of your drive.

This will give you faster transfer maximums whil bringing up your minimums and a much higher average,it will also drop your acess time,so eveything will feel faster.

Hope this helps :)

The drive we have installed is the F3. Will look into your tip about speeding it up, bit concerned that you thought it was the F1 though, little worried we might have messed up!

The drive we have installed is the F3. Will look into your tip about speeding it up, bit concerned that you thought it was the F1 though, little worried we might have messed up!

Ah,so it is,my mistake on the model number

So ready the manual, it seems I would have been better served setting the drive up as a Raid 0, is that something I can go back and do now after the fact?

• Advertisement

So ready the manual, it seems I would have been better served setting the drive up as a Raid 0, is that something I can go back and do now after the fact?

Do you have 2 drives to RAID with ?

I've a few older spare drives? They any use?

If you could describe the raid process to me that would be appreciated.

Just to be clear, the computer is working great, just intrigued at making it work even better.

I've a few older spare drives? They any use?

If you could describe the raid process to me that would be appreciated.

Just to be clear, the computer is working great, just intrigued at making it work even better.

To be honest,unless they are very new (2 years old or so),RAID'ing them wouldn't be worth it

Advertisement