Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

• 27-12-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Okay simple enough
    who do you think will leave your club in January and who would you "like" to come in

Ill start with the Pool
    Out- Voronin, Dossena
    in- Robinho- pay as you play basis seeing he is struggling at moment with goal bonus included as part of deal. Maybe loan them few players from the academy.

Andy Reid -would bring so much to our team and I think this is perfect time for him to make a move.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Im guessing you are wanting this to be an unrealistic thing then?

Robinho to Pool? You dont have the cash surely? And wtf you on about with the pay as you play thing?

For United:
    We dont need to buy a defender just get some fit.
    I would like a striker but cant see us spending big in January so I guess its just for players to get back fit and be able to play players in position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

p_larkin99 wrote: »

Robinho to Pool? You dont have the cash surely? And wtf you on about with the pay as you play thing?
    Ah you're not reading it right sure Voronin and Dossena could muster up the Rob fee alone :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

For United:
    We dont need to buy a defender just get some fit.
    I would like a striker but cant see us spending big in January so I guess its just for players to get back fit and be able to play players in position.
    Realistically no one is going to pay big money for him in the form he is in at moment. We can pay for him in installed payments like aquilani. What would he be worth now. I think City may try to offload him in the new year. anyway back to the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

It's likely Luca Toni will be heading out of Bayern as he's a plague on that club at the moment but could easily rekindle his form elsewhere.

Realistically no one is going to pay big money for him in the form he is in at moment. We can pay for him in installed payments like aquilani. What would he be worth now. I think City may try to offload him in the new year. anyway back to the discussion.

I didn't intend to take anything away from the discussion. I was just pointing out that Pool could not afford him. He is still a glamorous big name who would cost £20m plus. Pool bought Aqua with some of the money brought in from Alonso. I doubt there's another £20m just sat there waiting.

I dont think a) City would want to sell to Pool, b) Pool could match his wages at City, c) Pool could outbid others interested in him and d) Robinho would be all that interested in going there as if he moves i'd say it will be abroad.

I was just pointing out that its very unrealistic and so asked if it was kind of like a fantasy signing situation and if that was the case I thought you would go for Aguero/Villa.

• Advertisement

I didn't intend to take anything away from the discussion. I was just pointing out that Pool could not afford him. He is still a glamorous big name who would cost £20m plus. Pool bought Aqua with some of the money brought in from Alonso. I doubt there's another £20m just sat there waiting.

I dont think a) City would want to sell to Pool, b) Pool could match his wages at City, c) Pool could outbid others interested in him and d) Robinho would be all that interested in going there as if he moves i'd say it will be abroad.

I was just pointing out that its very unrealistic and so asked if it was kind of like a fantasy signing situation and if that was the case I thought you would go for Aguero/Villa.
    Yeah Robinho a bit of a pipe dream. Think Rafa will look to sign another striker really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Who do I think will join Villa? Nobody

Who do I think will leave Villa? essentially nobody, maybe Harewood/Shorey who are already out on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Ah you're not reading it right sure Voronin or Dossena could muster up the Rob fee alone :p

FYP:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Think it will be a quite transfer window . Can't see many big signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Villa:

In: no one
    Out: no one

• Advertisement

Its looking as if Keane will go to Celtic from Spurs anyway.
    Wolves I think may bring in a defender as i think they struggled at left back yesterday.
    Fergie may look for cover for Scholes as he struggled against Fulham in last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Can't see anybody leaving, would like to see Aguero come in obviously but probably not going to happen, well not in January at least

Villa:

In: no one
    Out: no one
    So villa squad is perfect. Have you cover in your key positions if player gets injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Out - Dossena, Voronin, Babel, (might get 12 million for that trio)
    In - Goran Pandev (free), a good central defender like Mattew Upson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Liverpool should sign pandev on a free,clichy and d'agostino and sell voronin, babel ,dossenna ,itanje and lucas i'd say thats balancing the books

edit: a good right mid to who can skin a player and put in a cross

BOHtox wrote: »
    Liverpool should sign pandev on a free,clichy and d'agostino and sell voronin, babel ,dossenna ,itanje and lucas i'd say thats balancing the books
    No way will Rafa sell Lucas. would bet your house on it

BOHtox wrote: »
    Liverpool should sign clichy

pmsl

arsenal may have something to say about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

So villa squad is perfect. Have you cover in your key positions if player gets injured?

No my reply was regarding what I think O'Neill will do.

I think we could do with another striker who can stick the ball in the net ( Robbie Keane maybe?). Unless Heskey goes though I don't think we'll get anyone in.
    Apart from that I do think we are pretty well covered. We obviously don't have the depth of United or Chelsea, but we can't expect to have 2 class players in every position.

edit: we could possibly do with another LB, seeing as Bouma appears to be crocked, and Shorey is rubbish. But L. Young can play there if need be, so not an urgent matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

in- Robinho- pay as you play basis seeing he is struggling at moment with goal bonus included as part of deal. Maybe loan them few players from the academy.

What. The. Fuck?

Pay as you play? He's not feckin 34.

And a massive, massive lol at the suggestion of loaning us a few players from your academy. Why the hell would a club with one of the best, if not the best, academies in the league want players from an academy that hasn't produced a top player in the best part of a decade?

Good lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

As long as Suarez stays at Ajax this transfer window I will be a very very happy man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

No way will Rafa sell Lucas. would bet your house on it
    pmsl

arsenal may have something to say about that.

Notice the SHOULD I'd be surprised if he sold that shítebag Lucas he is Benitez's love child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It's likely Luca Toni will be heading out of Bayern as he's a plague on that club at the moment but could easily rekindle his form elsewhere.

Toni to Roma is a done deal
    mike65 wrote: »
    Out - Dossena, Voronin, Babel, (might get 12 million for that trio)
    In - Goran Pandev (free), a good central defender like Mattew Upson.

Pandev is the real bargain of the window. Would love to see Chelsea move for him and offer him more money than Inter but it looks like he's set on that move.

As for Chelsea
    Out - None
    In - Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

SPURS:

Out: Bentley, Pavlyuchenko, Hutton... Cost 40 million between them, we will probably get 12-15 million for them now! Wouldn't mind seeing the back of Keane if we have a good replacement lined up.

In: Van Nistelrooy been strongly rumoured and Sandro, a young Brazilian CM. Would love Bellamy if Mancini wants rid of him, and hopefully O'Hara comes back from his loan spell at Pompey.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What. The. Fuck?

Pay as you play? He's not feckin 34.

And a massive, massive lol at the suggestion of loaning us a few players from your academy. Why the hell would a club with one of the best, if not the best, academies in the league want players from an academy that hasn't produced a top player in the best part of a decade?

Good lord.
    Well rumour was Chelsea were after Dalle Valle a few months back. As for city maybe we should loan your new manager a pair of glasses. Imagine not knowing who Peter Reid was. Only played with City for like ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well rumour was Chelsea were after Dalle Valle a few months back.

Who?
    As for city maybe we should loan your new manager a pair of glasses. Imagine not knowing who Peter Reid was. Only played with City for like ages!

Imagine, an Italian not knowing who managed City 17 years ago.

There are probably a lot of City fans that don't know that so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Who?

Some Finnish/Italian *continues to check Wikipedia entry* who is the next Fernando Torres.

How the hell did you not know who he was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    SPURS:

Out: Bentley, Pavlyuchenko, Hutton... Cost 40 million between them, we will probably get 12-15 million for them now! Wouldn't mind seeing the back of Keane if we have a good replacement lined up.

In: Van Nistelrooy been strongly rumoured and Sandro, a young Brazilian CM. Would love Bellamy if Mancini wants rid of him, and hopefully O'Hara comes back from his loan spell at Pompey.
    If that's Sandro off SC Internacional, he's a very defensive minded player. Decent young prospect but may struggle to get into your team with the sheer size of that squad.

Who?

Imagine, an Italian not knowing who managed City 17 years ago.

There are probably a lot of City fans that don't know that so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
    always good to make a good first impression. Yeah saw that nice scarf wrapped around his neck. Anyway to get this discussion back on track...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

bayviewclose, are you drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

In's:

Maynor Figureoa - Done deal already, would have been completed in the summer but Wigan couldn't get their replacement in before the deadline, Michael Ball will be signed to cover until they can get a proper replacement in the summer, as I've said, a done deal.

Adam Johnson - A young, quick and exciting winger with a decent delivery. Exactly what we need, he's out of contract in the summer and despite interest from elsewhere, he's Sunderland through and through and that will seal the deal.

Out's:

Daryl Murphy - Disliked by the fans and hierarchy at Sunderland itself for sitting on his contract rather than playing football elsewhere. Has had to chances to move on before but he'll more than likely be off to Ipswich, Hull or Wolves (all whom have shown interest in him) in January.

He's 32 and is on £137,000 a week at Bayern.

Although he's avaliable for free, on those wages and with his current mood I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

He's going to be a Roma player by the end of January anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Would love spurs to generate a bit of money from selling bentley and pavyluchenko. And with all the talk of Keane going to celtic in january then a striker is a must. My choice would be Oscar Cardozo from benfica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

No my reply was regarding what I think O'Neill will do.

I think we could do with another striker who can stick the ball in the net ( Robbie Keane maybe?). Unless Heskey goes though I don't think we'll get anyone in.
    Apart from that I do think we are pretty well covered. We obviously don't have the depth of United or Chelsea, but we can't expect to have 2 class players in every position.

edit: we could possibly do with another LB, seeing as Bouma appears to be crocked, and Shorey is rubbish. But L. Young can play there if need be, so not an urgent matter.

I think I read somewhere that Wolfsburgs Marcel Schafer could be on the way to Villa,he's a LB.

As for us(City),I'd like to see us go for Angel Di Maria if United dont get him and possibly someone like Gary Cahill/Ryan Shawcross.Id love to see a good solid CB at City who's not a high-profile money grabber,but just gets the job done.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Would love spurs to generate a bit of money from selling bentley and pavyluchenko. And with all the talk of Keane going to celtic in january then a striker is a must. My choice would be Oscar Cardozo from benfica
    whats gone wrong with pavyluchenko. he was going well for spurs for awhile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Voltwad wrote: »
    If that's Sandro off SC Internacional, he's a very defensive minded player. Decent young prospect but may struggle to get into your team with the sheer size of that squad.

Another young overpriced Brazilian defensive midfielder? Could he have not called himself Lucasinho when he was choosing his name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Aguero please.

I see N'Zogbia is being linked with Birmingham, cracking player and he would do well in a top 4 side in my opinion, hes only 23 and every time I see him he is briliant for Wigan, having a great season.

yes Aguero being link to Chelsea but Athletico trying to up the price. Roman stalling at the moment according to reports.

Johner wrote: »
    I see N'Zogbia is being linked with Birmingham, cracking player and he would do well in a top 4 side in my opinion, hes only 23 and every time I see him he is briliant for Wigan, having a great season.

Another cracking, value for money Steve Bruce signing.

He really is very astute in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

He's 32 and is on £137,000 a week at Bayern.

Although he's avaliable for free, on those wages and with his current mood I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

He's going to be a Roma player by the end of January anyway.

Roma looks to be a 6 month loan deal from Bayern. If his form improves there then Bayern are likely to look to sell as the Gomez/Olic team up front are doing well with Klose as a back up (he'll probably do well in the world cup, too).

But yes he's a strange one this coming few months because he's unpredictable. Got his game a few weeks ago and was taken off at half time. His response? Walk out of the stadium and go home in a huff.

Roma looks to be a 6 month loan deal from Bayern. If his form improves there then Bayern are likely to look to sell as the Gomez/Olic team up front are doing well with Klose as a back up (he'll probably do well in the world cup, too).

But yes he's a strange one this coming few months because he's unpredictable. Got his game a few weeks ago and was taken off at half time. His response? Walk out of the stadium and go home in a huff.
    Yes and Robinho walked straight to the dressingroom game before last after he was taken off. Not forgetting time McShane kicked water bottle when he was taken off. end of the day manager has to make the decisions but players dont make it easy for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Another cracking, value for money Steve Bruce signing.

He really is very astute in the transfer market.

In fairness he was brought to England by Newcastle, credited as Bobby Robson's last signing as boss, Robson rated him highly.

I'd give more credit to Robson for bringing him to the PL rather than Bruce who picked him up when Kinnear upset him by calling him "insomnia" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Out
    Robert Green
    Matthew Upson
    Scott Parker
    Carlton Cole
    Valon Behrami
    Jack Collison

Any of those

In

Some random Italian/Spaniard, or some over the hiller like Aldo Duscher, Rivaldo, Figo, or Lizrazu

Het-Field wrote: »
    Out
    Robert Green
    Matthew Upson
    Scott Parker
    Carlton Cole
    Valon Behrami
    Jack Collison

Any of those

In

Some random Italian/Spaniard, or some over the hiller like Aldo Duscher, Rivaldo, Figo, or Lizrazu
    Time for Chelsea and West ham to just merge at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Des wrote: »
    bayviewclose, are you drunk?

Its like mink_man and ntlbell somehow fathered a child that decided to support Liverpool. The mind truly does boggle.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Its like mink_man and ntlbell somehow fathered a child that decided to support Liverpool. The mind truly does boggle.
    Your hilarious. How long did it take to come up with that one. Seriously make some sort of effort to stay on topic. Scoring a few points with your mates achieves what. To show everyone how clever you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Archimedes wrote: »

My god what an image. <Insert vomit smilie here>

Anyway I think it will be a very quiet transfer window in general, unless City decide to spend on players at English clubs. If City do sign a couple of players from other English clubs for big money, then they could start a bit of a domino effect. If they don't buy from other English clubs, I think it could be a shockingly quiet January transfer window in the EPL.

On Lauri Dalle Valle, who someone mentioned earlier. He's 18 and been with Liverpool for almost 3 years now. He Finnish-Italian and has represented Finland underage up to the U-21s. There was talk of Finland playing him in friendly for the senior Finnish team to tie him down to Finland. Has spent time at Juventus prior to joining Liverpool. When he signed for Liverpool there was an offer from Chelsea to pay double whatever Liverpool were offering in terms of wages, but he turned them down.:) There was also strong rumours that Fulham made a bid of something in the region of €5m for him in the summer. Been consistently banging them in at all levels whenever he played. I think his record for the Academy team was something like 23 in 21 games last season. Been injured a good part of this season but due back at the start of year for the reserves Liverpool. Definately one to watch.

My god what an image. <Insert vomit smilie here>

Anyway I think it will be a very quiet transfer window in general, unless City decide to spend on players at English clubs. If City do sign a couple of players from other English clubs for big money, then they could start a bit of a domino effect. If they don't buy from other English clubs, I think it could be a shockingly quiet January transfer window in the EPL.

On Lauri Dalle Valle, who someone mentioned earlier. He's 18 and been with Liverpool for almost 3 years now. He Finnish-Italian and has represented Finland underage up to the U-21s. There was talk of Finland playing him in friendly for the senior Finnish team to tie him down to Finland. Has spent time at Juventus prior to joining Liverpool. When he signed for Liverpool there was an offer from Chelsea to pay double whatever Liverpool were offering in terms of wages, but he turned them down.:) There was also strong rumours that Fulham made a bid of something in the region of €5m for him in the summer. Been consistently banging them in at all levels whenever he played. I think his record for the Academy team was something like 23 in 21 games last season. Been injured a good part of this season but due back at the start of year for the reserves Liverpool. Definately one to watch.
    Glad someone knows who dalle valle is. Yes saw a bit of him last year. Btw i trust Archimides you will review your last post and withdraw it. Was below the belt and done to get some cheap laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Btw i trust Archimides you will review your last post and withdraw it. Was below the belt and done to get some cheap laughs.

Jesus Christ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Glad someone knows who dalle valle is. Yes saw a bit of him last year. Btw i trust Archimides you will review your last post and withdraw it. Was below the belt and done to get some cheap laughs.

Yeah whatever. Apologies and all that. There's a courier on the way with flowers and kittens as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think I may subscribe to this thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement