Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

From the Beeb -
    "Man City appealed over Mariga work permit at hearing at Wembley this morning. Attended by reps from club, FA, Prem Lge, PFA & ex-pros. Mariga had played enough games for Kenya to get permit but scuppered by Kenya's world ranking of 98. They needed to be ranked 70 or above. Man City can launch another appeal in a future transfer window but will not be able to register McDonald Mariga as a player in this one."

Fuckin joke that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That's harsh.

I bet he wishes he was from Panama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Xavi6 wrote: »
    From the Beeb -

Fuckin joke that is.

Could go down the player of exceptional talent route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

From the Beeb -

Fuckin joke that is.

Them's the rules of work permits.

JPA wrote: »
    Them's the rules of work permits.

Indeed, doesn't make them right however.

Any idea how United got that work permit for that Manucho lad before? Might be worth seeing what methods of persuasion were used in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Fuckin joke that is.

The correct decision IMO.

Any idea how United got that work permit for that Manucho lad before? Might be worth seeing what methods of persuasion were used in that case.

Yep, well that kinda thing happens a lot, with no explanation. :eek:

Angola were ranked exactly 70th in 2008 so I'd imagine that's how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

special talent rule

;-)

Headshot wrote: »
    special talent rule

;-)

In that case it should work for everyone :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

In that case it should work for everyone :pac:

iirc we had to loan him out to Panathinaikos because we had trouble getting a work permit

Some one text this into BBC.

"Stevo, any truth in the rumours Chelsea have tabled a £22m bid for Dirk Kuyt?"

Just LOL why do the BBC bother putting a text like that up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

A successful year in Greece was proof of his high level of ability apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is it true that City put a bid of 16 million for Adam Johnson? I don't think he's worth anywhere near that tbh.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is it true that City put a bid of 16 million for Adam Johnson? I don't think he's worth anywhere near that tbh.

It's £8.5m I think mate, surely they wouldn't offer that much (£16m) when he's out on contract in the Summer and a tribunal certainly wouldn't reward Boro anymore than around £8m mark.

It's £8.5m I think mate, surely they wouldn't offer that much (£16m) when he's out on contract in the Summer and a tribunal certainly wouldn't reward Boro anymore than around £8m mark.

Was wondering. A mate just rang me in college there and said 16 million. Surely something wrong there. I know City have money to burn but 16 million is a massive amount for a player who really isn't worth that.

[cough] Nigel De Jong [/cough]

[cough] Nigel De Jong [/cough]

Your clubs embarrasing lack of knowledge in the Transfer Market was to blame for that though:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/4312723/Manchester-City-could-have-signed-Nigel-de-Jong-for-just-2.3m.html

I doubt they'd make the same mistake again.

Your clubs embarrasing lack of knowledge in the Transfer Market was to blame for that though:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/4312723/Manchester-City-could-have-signed-Nigel-de-Jong-for-just-2.3m.html

And at 2.3million in the summer do you not think there would be a load more clubs in for him and he might not have ended up at City?

• Advertisement

If only City had put a £16 million bid in for Geremi we'd be laughing. :)

:confused:

It wasn't mistake or anything of the sort. If we had've waited until the summer a whole host of clubs would have been after De Jong for free and we would've lost out. We wanted him and we got him because money wasn't an issue.

It was nothing to do with an 'embarrassing lack of knowledge'. We knew what we were doing, just as I'm sure we do now.

It wasn't mistake or anything of the sort. If we had've waited until the summer a whole host of clubs would have been after De Jong for free and we would've lost out

If money isn't an issue then you wouldn't have lost out in the Summer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I truly am baffled at Newcastle signing Leon Best. It's great for Ireland as he will get to play against better teams and his football should improve but he's not going to be a prolific striker for Newcastle.

Al-Muhammadi to Sunderland deal now looks to be off as his club are keen to hold onto him until the Summer.

SSN had the deal as 'definitely done' last night, they really are a bunch of ****ing ****ehawks, their 'sources' are blatently made up from looking at clubs Message Boards and then passing it off as their own.

****ing twats.
    Egyptian club ENPPI have turned down another offer from Sunderland for winger Ahmed Al-Muhammadi. His agent Nader Shawki said: "Sunderland offered £2million plus 20% of the next sale. Unfortunately ENPPI insist on keeping Al-Muhammadi and do not want to sell him before the end of the season. He is keen to make the move. He wants to play in England and knows that Sunderland are a good side. We hope we can find a solution with the board soon."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭crushproof

Leon Best has moved to Newcastle from Coventry. Hopefully he'll be banging in the goals in the Premiership next season!

• Advertisement

crushproof wrote: »
    Leon Best has moved to Newcastle from Coventry. Hopefully he'll be banging in the goals in the Premiership next season!

Not gonna happen. He's only scored 8 goals this season in 26 appearances. He might do enough for us but after that he'll suffer in the Premier League.

He's very similar to Andy Carroll and I don't see him getting in the squad ahead of Carroll unless Carroll is leaving for Wolves as a few reports have been saying this month.

Strange signing.

If money isn't an issue then you wouldn't have lost out in the Summer.

Why not?

Plenty of clubs can afford big wages when there's little or no fee involved.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not gonna happen. He's only scored 8 goals this season in 26 appearances. He might do enough for us but after that he'll suffer in the Premier League.

He's very similar to Andy Carroll and I don't see him getting in the squad ahead of Carroll unless Carroll is leaving for Wolves as a few reports have been saying this month.

Strange signing.
    As a Forest fan its great to see :pac:

But seriously, its a mad signing. Ye are more than capbable with the current bunch of getting promoted. Ye're league position proves that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭crushproof

Strange signing.

Haha, sorry, I should have emphasised my sarcasm! Awful signing, very strange indeed.
    I don't rate him at all to be honest, why on earth a club who'll most likely be promoted this season would buy him is beyond me!

As a Forest fan its great to see :pac:

But seriously, its a mad signing. Ye are more than capbable with the current bunch of getting promoted. Ye're league position proves that.

We've not won in the last 8 or 9 now so I can understand Chris' thinking that a new striker may be what we need but I think there's better out there to be honest.

Emnes would be a great addition to anybody's team. Overlooked at Boro and is an absolute handful when he plays.

He'd be well worth shelling 3 million for imo. Only young but I reckon he'd prove his worth over Best.

If we were gonna sign an Irish forward then I would rather have Caleb Folan on our team than Best.

I don't think we needed another striker. We've got Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Carroll and Ranger. I don't know where Best will fit into that squad. I know Ameobi is out but when he's back he'll surely be getting the nod over Best.

Bad signing and I hope that I'm made to eat my words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Not sure if been talked about already but heard a rumour that Robboe Keane is going to Galatasaray. Papers signed and all

Not sure if been talked about already but heard a rumour that Robboe Keane is going to Galatasaray. Papers signed and all
    Linky???

Linky???

Nah cant say where I heard though it's normally a good source

No chance.

His wife wouldn't move from London to Sunderland so I definitely can't see her moving over there.

Nah cant say where I heard though it's normally a good source

In other words - "I'm talking ****e and have no source"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Some people are having great fun with Robbie Keane's wiki today.
    Robbie Keane "is currently on his way to McLaren for the remainder of the season on loan. This would be his first spell in Formula One."
    Robbie Keane "is currently on his way to the Labour party to become leader, making it his first spell as the prime minister."
    Robbie Keane "is currently on his way to Tesco's, as he is out of milk"
    Robert David "Robbie" Keane (born 8 July 1980 in Tallaght, Dublin) is a train operating company that has operated local passenger services in the north of England since 2004. Northern Rail's owner, Serco-NedRailways, is a consortium formed of NedRailways (the British unit of Nederlandse Spoorwegen) and Serco, an international operator of public transport systems. When it won the Northern England franchise, the consortium had already secured the contract to operate north-west England's Merseyrail network in 2003.

gotta love deadline day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

As in 'Galatasaray' you mean West Ham.....

I could never be a presenter on SSN. Hyping the **** out of a few loan deals.

More ****e from SSN now saying we've made an inquiry about David James.

In other words - "We've been looking through the Sunderland Forums and see a few people who have no connections within the club and that are just purely guessing have suggested that it may happen"

In other words - "I'm talking ****e and have no source"

Like I said, it's a rumour. From a source that's normally reliable. We shall see in approx 1 1/2 hours

• Advertisement

City have apprently had an offer accepted for Adam Johnson. £9 million up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

1 hour left :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    1 hour left :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Indeed and I will miss it. Some of the stuff from the BBC is really funny, got to love rumours :D

Best possible news for Sunderland is that Daryl Murphy has finally gone and joined Ipswich on loan.

Nyron Nosworthy also gone on loan to Sheffield United.

Best possible news for Sunderland is that Daryl Murphy has finally gone and joined Ipswich on loan.

Nyron Nosworthy also gone on loan to Sheffield United.
    Robinho marks his return to Santos by arriving by helicopter accompanied by Pele :)

City have apprently had an offer accepted for Adam Johnson. £9 million up front.
    Having his medical now if BBC are to believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Has this not been the worst transfer window ever ? has anyone of any note moved clubs?

greendom wrote: »
    Has this not been the worst transfer window ever ? has anyone of any note moved clubs?

Yeh it's been bad alright. Sign of the times though. No-one other than City has the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Robbie Keane on the way to celtic on loan....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Robbie Keane to Celtic on loan SSN

Advertisement