Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Arsenal:

In: Chamakh
    Out: Senderos

What I'd like:

In: New goalkeeper, Cover for CB, Another strong tackling midfielder maybe just as cover, target man
    Out: Almunia, Silvestre (I'd almost say Eduardo too, not the player he was :( let's see how he gets on)

Haven't listed players that I'd like to see coming in as they'd all be unrealistic targets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

My god what an image. <Insert vomit smilie here>

Anyway I think it will be a very quiet transfer window in general, unless City decide to spend on players at English clubs. If City do sign a couple of players from other English clubs for big money, then they could start a bit of a domino effect. If they don't buy from other English clubs, I think it could be a shockingly quiet January transfer window in the EPL.

On Lauri Dalle Valle, who someone mentioned earlier. He's 18 and been with Liverpool for almost 3 years now. He Finnish-Italian and has represented Finland underage up to the U-21s. There was talk of Finland playing him in friendly for the senior Finnish team to tie him down to Finland. Has spent time at Juventus prior to joining Liverpool. When he signed for Liverpool there was an offer from Chelsea to pay double whatever Liverpool were offering in terms of wages, but he turned them down.:) There was also strong rumours that Fulham made a bid of something in the region of €5m for him in the summer. Been consistently banging them in at all levels whenever he played. I think his record for the Academy team was something like 23 in 21 games last season. Been injured a good part of this season but due back at the start of year for the reserves Liverpool. Definately one to watch.

Is he still refusing to sign a new contract at Liverpool ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

in- Robinho- pay as you play basis seeing he is struggling at moment with goal bonus included as part of deal. Maybe loan them few players from the academy.

The drugs don't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    The drugs don't work.

they just make you worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

The drugs don't work.
    and you should know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

and you should know! But I know I'll see your face again

FYP!

But I know I'm on a losing streak

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Is he still refusing to sign a new contract at Liverpool ?
    Would think a lack of first team football would be a serious stumbling block. But in the old days it was common place for strikers to serve their apprenticeship in reserves. Rush was very close to moving on after first season at the pool

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I can see Chelea bringing in someone as they may be banned from signing players come summer

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump for Maxi Rodriguez! All over the media/blogosphere this morning, would appear to be a potentially great signing esp if RVN also joins Liverpool on loan. Some are claiming the deal is already done which is unlikely - no secrets in football these days.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Bump for Maxi Rodriguez! All over the media/blogosphere this morning, would appear to be a potentially great signing esp if RVN also joins Liverpool on loan. Some are claiming the deal is already done which is unlikely - no secrets in football these days.
    Yes and see Aaron Lennon is injured. We can sign him now and he should be ready for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

And so it begins :) This should be interesting.

Aguero says I'm staying at Atlético
    "I have always made my commitment to Atlético clear and the whole world knows it," he said. "One shouldn't pay too much attention to everything that comes out; the only thing I am doing is playing and thinking about the team."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rodriguez on loan would be great as he's free in the summer. RVN also supposed to join him at Anfield according to Graham Hunter. Both would be good signings. Greek right back supposed to be on the way to cover for Johnson. Scott Parker for £8m is also rumoured as Mascherano is off in the summer to Barca.

Transfer windows are always the most entertaining of times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Alan Hutton was in Sunderland yesterday to sort out a transfer.

£4m and expect him to sign sometime during next week.

I'd imagine Liverpool wil have to buy Maxi as he only has 6 months left on his contract, can't see Atletico not getting some cash for him.

• Advertisement

They'll pay them a fee for allowing the loan. Pretty much the same as buying him when he has only 6 months left on his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yes and see Aaron Lennon is injured. We can sign him now and he should be ready for next season.

And you wonder why people get personal..

I would be quite surprised if Ruud joined Liverpool personally.

And you wonder why people get personal..
    Was alluding to fact that we signed Aquilani in August and he wasnt ready till December. Crossed wires as they say

here are some interesting transfer targets
    With the January sales well underway everyone is after a bargain - especially football managers.

The transfer window is now open and bosses can talk to players who are out of contract in the summer and sign them on a pre-contract.

In these austere times, managers will be eyeing up the freebies, so Sportsmail has selected a starting XI plus seven substitutes, should your club require an entirely new squad without spending a penny.

The starting XI...

David James (Portsmouth, 39)

The most experienced goalkeeper in the Barclays Premier League is desperate to improve his chances of featuring at next summer's World Cup - which will mean a move away from Fratton Park.

Wanted by: Tottenham, Birmingham, Burnley.

Christoph Metzelder
    (Real Madrid, 29)

The Germany international would bring a wealth of experience to the centre of any defence should it require shoring-up. He has only played two matches so far this term for Real Madrid and is resigned to leaving the Bernabeu in the summer.

Wanted by: Everton, Stoke, Blackburn.

Juliano Belletti
    (Chelsea, 33)

The Brazilian has had to reinvent himself during the regime changes at Chelsea, so who’s to say he couldn’t do it again at another club? And which club wouldn’t want a World Cup and Champions League winner?

Wanted by: Fuham, Benfica.

Philippe Senderos
    (Arsenal, 24)

The Swiss international hasn’t managed to establish himself in Arsene Wenger’s side but his recent loan-spell at AC Milan has convinced the centre-back of the need to move away from the Emirates to enjoy regular first team football.

Wanted by: Bayern Munich, Sunderland

Fabio Aurelio
    (Liverpool, 30)

Liverpool’s Brazilian left-back enjoyed his first call-up to the international team earlier this year but talks have stalled on a new pay-as-you-play contract which has alerted a number of clubs to his availability.

Wanted by: Manchester City, Valencia.

Martin Petrov
    (Manchester City, 30)

After prolonged absence through injury and then left out after the influx of new players in the summer, the Bulgaria winger is now beginning to show regular displays of his undoubted talent under the new Roberto Mancini regime.

Wanted by: Tottenham

Michael Ballack
    (Chelsea, 33)

The Germany captain continues to show the willing and ability to put the hard yards in midfield, he can definitely still do it. However, his £120,000-a week wage demands would ward off all but the very richest of clubs.

Wanted by: Bayern Munich

Joe Cole
    (Chelsea, 28)

Playing regularly again after a long lay-off with a knee injury, Cole is once more proving his doubters wrong. The creative midfielder has expressed his desire to stay at Chelsea but could the lure of a challenge elsewhere – plus great wages to go with it – draw him away?

Wanted by: Tottenham, Manchester City

Adam Johnson
    (Middlesbrough, 23)

Man-of-the-moment on Teesside, Johnson is Boro’s top goalscorer and the England under 21 star has already been linked with a number of Premier League clubs. Gordon Strachan will have his work cut out to convince the winger that his future lies at the Riverside.

Wanted by: Sunderland, Everton, Wigan

Marouane Chamakh
    (Bordeaux, 25)

The Morocco striker has been the on-off transfer talk of the past 12 months but his insistence on staying at Bordeaux – where he has six league goals this season – until the summer means it is certain he will leave as a free agent.

Wanted by: Arsenal, Tottenham, Sunderland

Ruud van Nistelrooy
    (Real Madrid, 33)

He knows the Premier League inside out and is a proven scorer. The Dutch goal-master is being touted around by Real as his time at the Bernabeu comes to an end. Surely his 95 league goals in England must count for something?

Wanted by: Tottenham, Manchester City, Liverpool

And on the bench...

Joe Ledley (Cardfiff, 22)

A product of Cardiff’s academy, Ledley has turned down recent contract offers from the Bluebirds, alerting several Premier League clubs to the industrious midfielder’s availability.
    Wanted by: Rangers, Birmingham, Wigan

Tomas Rosicky (Arsenal, 29)

The Czech international hasn’t had the best time at the Emirates with the injuries he has suffered but many clubs would love add him to their midfield.
    Wanted by: Aston Villa

Jermaine Beckford (Leeds, 26)

Leeds’ striker is in fine form once again in League One, his 16 strikes this term make him joint top goalscorer but he refused to shake manager Simon Grayson's hand when substituted against Southampton recently. Is he on his way out of the door? Wanted by: Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Wolves

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn, 28)

The Norwegian’s left foot is one of the best in the Premier League and his form over the past few years means that there would be a number of potential suitors should Sam Allardyce decide to cash in before he leaves on a free.
    Wanted by: Celtic, Birmingham

Paul Scharner (Wigan, 29)

The highly-rated midfielder has been Wigan’s most consistent performer over the past three years but may become a victim of Roberto Martinez’s need to raise funds to buy new players. A very useful utility man, should you need it.
    Wanted by: Fulham, Everton, Birmingham

Louis Saha (Everton, 31)

Has rediscovered his scoring touch with 10 goals in 17 appearances for the Toffees this season. Deadly when fit.
    Wanted by: Sunderland, Roma, Atletico Madrid and Bordeaux

Adriano (Flamengo, 27)

Give up the Samba life in Brazil to move to the Premier League? Adriano has a number of detractors to prove wrong after his acrimonious departure from Inter Milan, you can be sure he’ll score you goals... but what about the baggage that comes with him?
    Wanted by: West Ham, Tottenham

take from here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239839/The-free-XI-Joe-Cole-Ruud-van-Nistelrooy-Martin-Petrov-head-list-contract-stars.html

im unsure about how accurate it is

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Say Joe Cole would go to spurs. Think he played under Redknapp at West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Nottingham Forest

In: Gareth Bale (Spurs), Charlie Adam (Blackpool), Nicky Shorey (Villa) - we currently have him on-loan.

Out: Arron Davies and Matt Thornhill - Davies had great potential after joining us from Yeovil, but injuries have ruined his time at Forest.

*In an ideal world I would love to see Michael Dawson back at the City Ground from Spurs, but with Ledley King very injury prone of late, its unlikely Dawson will be going anywhere. There is also rumours linking us with Swansea's Andrea Orlandi.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Was alluding to fact that we signed Aquilani in August and he wasnt ready till December. Crossed wires as they say

I think he and everyone else knew what you were saying. I think he will still stand by his post though.

Say Joe Cole would go to spurs. Think he played under Redknapp at West Ham.

he'd be good for Liverpools left side too

If Joe Cole was leaving Chelsea, I'd ****ing snap their hands off. Undoubted talent. However, not a chance he's leaving, their youngest creative player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Aurelio to City? Lol no, just no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Xavi6 wrote: »

Back to Spain would make sense if he's looking for a pay day, although City could offer him a decent wedge post tax if he was to stay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Xavi6 wrote: »

yes I remember a certain someone calling him a sham as if it were only yesterday, but seriously is the penny dropping with you that he's actually a good player no?
    The guy is fantastic, sick note? sure, when fit excellent all round. Would whip Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mayordenis wrote: »
    yes I remember a certain someone calling him a sham as if it were only yesterday, but seriously is the penny dropping with you that he's actually a good player no?
    The guy is fantastic, sick note? sure, when fit excellent all round. Would whip Bridge.

Still don't rate him at all as a defender. Would rather Bridge any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Lennon has a slight groin strain I thought, not a cruciate knee injury? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lennon has a slight groin strain I thought, not a cruciate knee injury? :confused:

I stopped after 1 reply ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

It's likely Luca Toni will be heading out of Bayern as he's a plague on that club at the moment but could easily rekindle his form elsewhere.

He's got what's practically a done deal with Rome at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

PHB wrote: »
    I would be quite surprised if Ruud joined Liverpool personally.

Why so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Why so?
    Why warm the bench in Liverpool when he can sit on a heated bench in Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

CHD wrote: »

Given the amount of game time that Torres misses, plus the fact that Torres needs an operation, I would reckon Van Nistleroy has a better chance of game time at Liverpool than he does as the fourth choice striker at Real.

Also RVN has come out of international retirement to compete for a place on the team for the upcoming World Cup, so game time is something he will want.

Madrid can be damned cold at this time of year (or are the Real benches actually heated)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sandro to Spurs deeal is being tied up but because he only has one cap for the national team it looks like it might be difficult to get him a work permit so he might not be playing till next season

Much better chance of game time for Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Much better chance of game time for Liverpool.
    He doesnt want a chance he wants first team football.

• Advertisement

He isn't going to get that on a heated bench in Madrid!

Has he been linked to any other sides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Agreed, but if Liverpool can guarantee him that, then he will most certainly leave. However, I don't see him leaving for Liverpool unless he is guaranteed a good % of appearances. This is his last chance to perform at a WC with Holland, and to get into that squad, he needs to play week in week out. It'd be a shame for him to go to Liverpool only to rot on the bench.

He isn't going to get that on a heated bench in Madrid!

Has he been linked to any other sides?

Linked with spurs to be defoes new strike partner when pav goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Linked with spurs to be defoes new strike partner when pav goes

What about Peter Crouch and Robbie "not going anywhere" Keane?
    I can't see Spurs paying the massive wages of an aging striker with a dodgy knee.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    What about Peter Crouch and Robbie "not going anywhere" Keane?
    I can't see Spurs paying the massive wages of an aging striker with a dodgy knee.
    Hes only linked and Harry said he only wanted 3 strikers but He'd be a huge step up from Crouch

Luca Toni has now completed a loan move to roma with a look to make the move permenant in the summer source ssn

• Advertisement

tomorrow newspapers are running with inter milan in for gerrard
    40m deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Headshot wrote: »
    tomorrow newspapers are running with inter milan in for gerrard
    40m deal

I suppose they have to print something on a Sunday.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I suppose they have to print something on a Sunday.

true

maybe we should get Vampireskiss to make a thread about it :D

Wonder how much Rafa would be able to spend of that to replace Gerrard i'm guessing a chunk would go straight on debt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He obviously looks up to Jose as a manager anyway, was on the verge of signing for him before. Maybe now he'll finally get his dream move.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement