Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Ronaldinho seems to be doing well at Milan at the moment.

Yeah, but he's good even when he doesn't try to hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ush1 wrote: »
    It's the Rijkaard way, he thinks all wasters can be as good as that waster Ronaldinho.
    Are you even aware how hard Ronaldinho has had to work over his career just to stay fit?
    If not then you should really find out before you post something like that.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you even aware how hard Ronaldinho has had to work over his career just to stay fit?

Yes, I am aware. Are you aware of how many nightclubs he's been in since he went to Milan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

eagle eye wrote: »

How hard does he work in comparison to other Pro's though, he's a disgrace at time on the pitch with his lack of effort when his team dont have the ball.

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    How hard does he work in comparison to other Pro's though, he's a disgrace at time on the pitch with his lack of effort when his team dont have the ball.

Exactly, every player "works hard". That should be a given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Ush1 wrote: »
    thought for a minute city manager had jumped ship there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

David James has joined stoke on loan for the rest of the season....what the hell thats crazy transfer. They have two very good keepers in Sorenson and Simonsen why in gods name would they go sign James?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

joe123 wrote: »
    David James has joined stoke on loan for the rest of the season....what the hell thats crazy transfer. They have two very good keepers in Sorenson and Simonsen why in gods name would they go sign James?
    Yeah it's a bit crazy, will James go in as first choice straight away I wonder, Sorenson has been in damn good form and will be rightly pissed off if so

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Yeah it's a bit crazy, will James go in as first choice straight away I wonder, Sorenson has been in damn good form and will be rightly pissed off if so

If that does happen and if I was Sorenson id be demanding what the fook is going on. Even Siminson has looked good as his number 2. Crazyness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If that does happen and if I was Sorenson id be demanding what the fook is going on. Even Siminson has looked good as his number 2. Crazyness.
    Thing is, James is moving to improve his England chances, so you'd imagine he would have been guaranteed to start..

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sorenson has been brilliant for Stoke, bit strange alright as Simonsen has proved good backup as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sorenson is a brilliant keeper and is possibly on another clubs radar? Pulis might refuse to part with him before they get a keeper in.
    Thing is, James is moving to improve his England chances, so you'd imagine he would have been guaranteed to start..
    If the above is right better playing with a team who has a solid back 4 in front of him to improve his chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sorenson will join Bayern. You heard it hear first.
    Or in the paper last week.

I'd take Sorenson at Chelsea! Brilliant keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Johner wrote: »
    I'd take Sorenson at Chelsea! Brilliant keeper.

Me too, would give cech some real competition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

mike65 wrote: »
    re Chamakh

The Examinier is clearly sleeping in on these cold dark mornings. That story was dealt with two days ago.

That's why i had to check. They usually wait for stories to be confirmed before printing them, and don't print rumors like that. They even said how he was outta contract in the summer and all. :confused: Maybe the story was delayed in traffic.

That's why i had to check. They usually wait for stories to be confirmed before printing them, and don't print rumors like that. They even said how he was outta contract in the summer and all. :confused: Maybe the story was delayed in traffic.
    Yeah and thread on Campbell is ancient as well. We were talking about ages ago aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

On James - Said on Sky that Portsmouth can't afford to play James anymore. Once he plays a certain amount of games for them this season, it would trigger a clause in his contract guaranteeing James a contract for next year, which Portsmouth couldn't afford to commit for.:eek:

Obviously if he wants to go to the world cup he has to be playing, so can see the logic in him moving on. Strange that is was at Stoke he ended up. Must mean one of Sorensen or Simonsen on the move I'd expect. Sorensen to Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea ??? - would probably be an improvement for all of those clubs in terms of keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Sorensen has been strongly linked with a move to the Bundesliege, with Bayern favoruites for his signature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I don't think Sorenson is good enough for a really big club, he makes plenty of mistakes but they don't get picked up on too much at Stoke. He is in very good form though and he simply must be leaving now, I reckon something is in place for him to go somewhere.

Interesting one here on the compensation from City to Chelsea.
    An initial £3.5m with it possibly rising to £6.5m
    The appearance add-ons are kinda strange in that 10,20,20,40 are rather low.

He has already made 8 appearances so far for Chelsea this season.
    It might restrict him in terms of making 5/10 minute cameos at the end of games, when it would effectively be at a cost of £50k an appearance.

Apart from the appearance bit doesn't seem that bad a compensation for City, given the 15% sell-on fee.
    Daniel Sturridge to cost Chelsea an initial £3.5m

Sturridge scored six goals in 30 appearances for Manchester City
    A tribunal has ordered Chelsea to pay Manchester City £3.5m for striker Daniel Sturridge, which could rise to £6.5m depending on appearances.

City had hoped to recoup a "development fee" of £10m for the 20-year-old, who declined a new contract at Eastlands to join Chelsea last summer.

With Sturridge being under 24-years-old City were due compensation.

Chelsea said in a statement they were happy with the ruling: "The initial fee is close to what we first offered."

Sturridge, who was young player of the year at Eastlands in 2009, will cost Chelsea an extra £1m if he makes an international appearance, with a further £500,000 due after first-team appearance 10, 20, 30 and 40.

City will also be due a 15% sell-on fee if Sturridge were to leave Stamford Bridge.

"Any subsequent payments are directly linked to the success of the player and that is satisfactory to us," added the Chelsea statement.

After scoring four goals in 26 appearances for City last season, Sturridge has found his first-team opportunities limited at Chelsea, starting three league and cup games and featuring four times as a substitute in the Premier League.

However, Sturridge, the nephew of ex-Derby striker Dean Sturridge, scored twice in Chelsea's 5-0 FA Cup win over Watford at the start of January to clinch his first goals for the club.

And with talismanic forward Didier Drogba away throughout January at the Africa Cup of Nations, Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti has voiced his belief that Sturridge can help to fill the void left by the Ivory Coast front man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8460232.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I think people are over-rating Sørensen slightly here. He's obviously excellant at saving penalties but he's been in the Premiership a long time and has been decent but not brilliant. If Pulis can cash in on him now when his profile is so high it would be a very good piece of business IMO.

Yeah and thread on Campbell is ancient as well. We were talking about ages ago aswell.

Wrong quote? Cos that story was printed today. Good job on not posting today, by the way.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

JPA wrote: »
    I don't think Sorenson is good enough for a really big club, he makes plenty of mistakes but they don't get picked up on too much at Stoke. He is in very good form though and he simply must be leaving now, I reckon something is in place for him to go somewhere.

Currently third in Opta Stats behind Van Der Sar and Iker Casillas. I know stats arent everything but that's not bad going.

He's got to be on the move anyways one way or the other.

• Advertisement

Wrong quote? Cos that story was printed today. Good job on not posting today, by the way.;)
    Away this sunday so no posting then. You sorted on that whole away goals thing now ;)

Away this sunday so no posting then. You sorted on that whole away goals thing now ;)

I think so. Now if you could just explain the offside rule to me.:o

:pac:

What happened to all the big name players chelsea are supposed to be getting? Are they that confident the transfer ban will be overturned?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

What happened to all the big name players chelsea are supposed to be getting? Are they that confident the transfer ban will be overturned?
    Very confident of it being overturned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

CHD wrote: »
    Very confident of it being overturned

I know this ain't the place for it, but why so confident? Just because ye're a big club? Cos as far as i remember, it was fairly blatant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I know this ain't the place for it, but why so confident? Just because ye're a big club? Cos as far as i remember, it was fairly blatant.

afaik Kakuta signed (or his mother according to wiki) a pre-contract agreement with Lens. There was no actual contract, however Lens have argued such agreements are tantamount to one, an interpretation accepted by the initial tribunal. It's a grey area of the law basically.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal (sort of) announce signing 17 year old Bolivian playmaker Samuel Galindo, but he'll go on loan to gain a work permit.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-ve-loan-agreements-with-spanish-clubs-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

money talks though

it was very blatent but the powers that be tend to be easy on certain teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Amr Zaki is saying on his website that he is on his way to Hull on loan until the end of the season subject to passing a medical. That would be an interesting one if it happens seeing as he started off last season on fire and then faded away spectacularly. Phil Brown does like these sort of gambles though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Amr Zaki is saying on his website that he is on his way to Hull on loan until the end of the season subject to passing a medical. That would be an interesting one if it happens seeing as he started off last season on fire and then faded away spectacularly. Phil Brown does like these sort of gambles though.

Well worth the risk IMO.

Zaki only slacked off as he fell out with Bruce over going back to his native Egypt without permission, he'd have something to prove when he comes back to the Premier League and he'd give Hull something which they lack big time at the minute - goals.

Decent signing for them, whether it will be enough to keep them in the Premier League or not though, I'm not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

deisedevil wrote: »
    Opta Stats

And this is where the Americanised fascination with 'stats' comes into play.

Nyron Nosworthy ranked in the top 4 of Premier League defenders a couple of seasons ago according to the Opta Stats, I'd pay absolutely no attention to them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well worth the risk IMO.

Zaki only slacked off as he fell out with Bruce over going back to his native Egypt without permission, he'd have something to prove when he comes back to the Premier League and he'd give Hull something which they lack big time at the minute - goals.

Decent signing for them, whether it will be enough to keep them in the Premier League or not though, I'm not so sure.

Yeah I'd agree. He did look a force to be reckoned with for a brief period and if he could recapture that form then it could be significant for Hull. Worth a punt for a loan deal.

kryogen wrote: »
    money talks though

it was very blatent but the powers that be tend to be easy on certain teams
    Chelsea did nothing that Europe's elite don't do every year. But by all means say money talks and FIFA/UEFA take it easy on certain teams and come across clueless. Good job.

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Chelsea did nothing that Europe's elite don't do every year. But by all means say money talks and FIFA/UEFA take it easy on certain teams and come across clueless. Good job.

yeah, cause its clueless to say money talks or that certain clubs get treated differently to others :rolleyes:

smell of ironing i think.....

im sure alot of the european elite do it, ye got caught red handed, and punished accordingly. same as anyone else should if caught

the fact that it will most likely be overturned is a joke

your clutching at straws tonight pal

What have I done?:o

kryogen wrote: »
    yeah, cause its clueless to say money talks or that certain clubs get treated differently to others :rolleyes:

smell of ironing i think.....

im sure alot of the european elite do it, ye got caught red handed, and punished accordingly. same as anyone else should if caught

the fact that it will most likely be overturned is a joke

your clutching at straws tonight pal
    Your a angry little man tonight!

Chelsea weren't caught. They exploited a loophole and Lens cried about it, we offered a fee and they wanted alot more than we were willing to pay. If UEFA wanted to dig up all the old transfers of kids most top clubs would be punished. All the transfers are essentially tapping up. The real problem is how these kids are treated by French clubs but they won't be punished :rolleyes:

Your statement is clueless. Money has nothing to do with this. IF we are being treated differently then why has it gone this far.

Your real problem is you hate Chelsea so that blinds you so you go off on a ''rabble rabble ZOMG typical they getz away with it''

Still might not be overturned and I won't complain if it isn't. If they follow through they better rewrite the rules and prevent this happening again and protect the young lads and be consistant.

Anyway transfer windows are fun aren't they.

oddly enough i dont hate Chelsea, i dont care about ye enough to hate ye tbh

to keep it easy for you

I hate

Liverpool
    Leeds
    City

Real Madrid

not gonna debate with you as its pointless......

say or think whatever makes you happiest pal

yay I win Friday Night Internet Fight

Sure ya don't hate Chelsea ;)

Have a great Saturday buddy

Just to clarify in case anyone is in doubt - I hate everyone, including myself

Self-loathing for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Amr Zaki is saying on his website that he is on his way to Hull on loan until the end of the season subject to passing a medical.

Quick, somebody tell him Kamel Ghilas is Algerian!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/tottenham/7024243/Ruud-van-Nistelrooy-in-talks-with-Tottenham-over-free-transfer.html
    Ruud van Nistelrooy in talks with Tottenham over free transfer

Van Nistelrooy is thought to have flown to London to discuss terms and undergo a medical which will hasten Tottenham Hotspur’s effort to move on Roman Pavlyuchenko in this transfer window.
    However, Spurs will only countenance a straight sale for the Russian international, who has been told he can leave, and have rejected a bid by Zenit St Petersburg to take the 28-year-old on loan for six months.

“The management were considering the loan of Roman Pavlyuchenko for six months to the summer in order to decide whether to buy him,” club president Alexander Dyukov said. “Unfortunately this proposal did not suit Tottenham.”
    Van Nistelrooy has been linked to a move back to the Premier League - having left Manchester United in 2006 - for some time and has sparked interest from Liverpool and Stoke City.
    However, it is Spurs who have made the move and appear set to sign the player whose contract at the Bernabeu expires at the end of this season and who has barely featured this season.
    He wants first-team football in order to make a bid to be in Holland’s World Cup squad and recently turned down an offer to join Galatasaray.
    Even though it is a free transfer, Spurs manager Harry Redknapp knows he will now have to move players on to help free up his wage bill especially as he is also keen to sign an experienced right-back.
    It’s understood that Spurs watched Bordeaux defender Mathieu Chalme during his club’s 1-1 draw with Marseilles on Sunday.
    Chalme, 29, is understood to be interested in playing in England although he may want to remain in France until the summer with his club still involved in the Champions League.
    However, Spurs are hopeful, although they will have to also try to sell Alan Hutton, who has struggled since his move from Rangers two years ago and is available for around £4 million.
    He has been offered to a number of clubs including West Ham and Hull City.
    Intresting stuff

Redkapp has said he's interested but only if Pav goes
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5871212,00.html
    Harry Redknapp admits he is interested in Ruud Van Nistelrooy but would only move for the Dutchman if he could offload Roman Pavlyuchenko.
    The Real Madrid striker has been linked with a loan move to Tottenham recently and the Spurs manager seems keen to offer the front man a return to the Premier League.
    The former Manchester United hit-man has fallen down the pecking order at Real after a string of long-term injuries and finds himself behind the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, Karim Benzema,spacer.gifCristiano Ronaldo,spacer.gif Kaka and Raul.
    However Redknappspacer.gif admitted that possessing five strikers was not an option and accepted that a move for the 33-year-old would not happen unless someone came in for want-away striker Pavlyuchenko.
    "He is interesting," he stated.
    "I wouldn't sit here and say it isn't of interest but again it would depend what the deal is because the chairman would deal with that side of the business.
    Interesting player

"But he is an interesting player. He was a fantastic player in England and he has been a great player over the years and is a great goalscorer and if he was available it could be of interest and that's about as far as it's gone.
    "I wouldn't want to say no we're not interested and then two weeks down the line we go and do something. I wouldn't do that to you, that isn't right.
    "It's not impossible that if it was right we could be interested.
    "I think Pav is looking to move. I look at him out there in training this morning and think he was tremendous his goalscoring and everything else.
    "Only if someone came in and he decided to go and he wanted to go and it was a good offer otherwise it wouldn't be possible.
    "I couldn't end up with five strikers, it's difficult enough with four because they are all very good and I like them all.
    "I find it hard leaving one of them out of the picture more than I would like to, it's not easy so I wouldn't be looking to have five strikers."
    No bid

Redknapp also reiterated that the club had not bid for Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Fosterspacer.gif as was reported on Monday.
    "We have never ever made an offer for Ben Foster so I wouldn't have a clue where that came from," he pointed out.
    "He is a good goalkeeper don't get me wrong but I'm looking for a back up goalkeeper, I have got a first choice goalkeeper here.
    "I've got (Heurelho) Gomes and he is my number one goalkeeper and I have been delighted with him so I am looking for somebody to come in to be a number two.
    "Ben Foster would want to go to the World Cupspacer.gif the same as David Jamesspacer.gif would want to go to the World Cup and they don't want to come here and sit on the bench as a number two goalkeeper so we never made any offer."

• Advertisement

Says on Sky Sports site that Arsenal have made an approach for Fulham defender Chris Smalling. Wa very impressed with him when he played center half at the Bridge had a blinder apart from the OG, looks a good prospect.

Advertisement