Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Mark Hairdressers

Options
  • 27-12-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hey
    Went into Peter Marks the day before christmas eve to get some shampoo and conditioner as a christmas pressie.anyway bought them and a hairbrush.got home took a quick look at my receipt-shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush on it and then i saw "staff treatment" for 4 euro.so i said **** this and rang the salon and spoke to the girl who served me (she was the manager) and asked her what it was.she was like oh i dont know what that is.i told her i was only in there an hour ago and i have the receipt in front of me if she wanted to look it up.so then she said one sec and had a raging conversation with someone about a dog.so next thing she said no cant find that now but eh come back in with the receipt and we'll look after it.
    Going to go in tomorrow.she was talking through her arse anyway cos it must be programmed into the till and i think she was just pulling a fast one thinking i wouldnt notice it on the receipt!!
    Will let ye know outcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There was a thread a month or so about a similar thing. Some body said "I want a bit off the back" or something, and they were charged a consultancy fee or something! it seemed you could not get a haircut without talking so this charge must be listed outside by law. There are strict rules for hairdressers, prices must be all listed outside, and I expect they should inform you before you open your gob that you will be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

well daisy, hope you have luck with treating the staff!! (sorry, bad joke!)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

daisydotty wrote: »
    hey
    Went into Peter Marks the day before christmas eve to get some shampoo and conditioner as a christmas pressie.anyway bought them and a hairbrush.got home took a quick look at my receipt-shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush on it and then i saw "staff treatment" for 4 euro.so i said **** this and rang the salon and spoke to the girl who served me (she was the manager) and asked her what it was.she was like oh i dont know what that is.i told her i was only in there an hour ago and i have the receipt in front of me if she wanted to look it up.so then she said one sec and had a raging conversation with someone about a dog.so next thing she said no cant find that now but eh come back in with the receipt and we'll look after it.
    Going to go in tomorrow.she was talking through her arse anyway cos it must be programmed into the till and i think she was just pulling a fast one thinking i wouldnt notice it on the receipt!!
    Will let ye know outcome!

I take it you paid by credit card/laser? I think staff treatment means a tip.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭daisydotty

Sorry no update yet.have been working so think i'm off thurs so will go in then.
    She served me at the till after i picked the shampoo off the stand.i didnt get my hair done or anything so she'd have NO reason to think i'd be giving her a tip.
    chancing her arm more like thinking i wouldnt notice!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

beauty101 wrote: »
    I take it you paid by credit card/laser? I think staff treatment means a tip.

What happened?

I'd say its a tip as well, thing is the staff should under no circumstances decide what the tip amount should be and should not apply anything extra without permission.

• Advertisement

yes i did pay laser!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'd say its a tip as well, thing is the staff should under no circumstances decide what the tip amount should be and should not apply anything extra without permission.
    there should be NO tip for people doing a job that they get paid for already!

if some homeless person cleans your windscreen then i would be inclined to tip but not for someone who is employed regardless of their wage/salary, which i would be unaware of anyway!

hairdressers are no longer getting the meagre wages they used to get, (i remember when a 1st year would have to work for practically nothing £30/week and do all the sh1te jobs just to prove their interest) now they are all getting at least the minimum wage from day one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Cabaal wrote: »

A tip?! For putting a bottle of shampoo and a hairbrush through the til?
    Peter Mark hairdressers must be absolutely loaded if they're getting tipped for menial stuff like that.

OP be sure to tell us the outcome, I can't wait to hear their excuse. In fact, i'd go to their head office about this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

good god people I never said a tip was ok....in fairness I hate this ****e of tipping people for doing their job, it should only be if they do an above normal level of service and you believe a tip is justified

I'm merely suggesting thats what it likely is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

My incredulity was aimed at the member of staff for (allegedly) charging the OP a 'staff treatment', not at you, cabaal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

I have never got charged this so it must be a store choice or maybe they knew better :D
    Tbh i had a bad experience with a member of staff (receptionist) in Peter Marks and never went back. Only go if i get a gift voucher.
    I was speaking with a member of staff who mentioned that they work on a commission basis therefore the more heads they do the more money they make. Peter Marks had a 20% off promotion there before the Christmas rush and I was told that that 20% was 20% off their wages rather than a company cut.

Anywho, Im not a big fan of Peter Marks for the reason mentioned above and also for the style of cuts they give. As for the €4 'tip', the cheek!!

only got in there today!between bad roads, weather and work i just didnt get there.
    so i went in and the same girl who served me/answered the phone when i rang was at the desk
    she remembered it straight away.so she took a look at the receipt oohing and hmming at it.she said she didnt have a clue what it was and how it ended up on my receipt.so i said to her
    1: it must be a function within her til
    2: its the 3rd thing on the receipt-it goes shampoo, conditioner, staff treatment and then hairbrush

claimed she didnt have a clue.she offered me the 4 euro back or a 10euro voucher (only redeemable against hairdressing and i certainly wont be getting my hair done there) so i said no i'll have my 4 euro back thanks.

Chancers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

daisydotty wrote: »
    only got in there today!between bad roads, weather and work i just didnt get there.
    so i went in and the same girl who served me/answered the phone when i rang was at the desk
    she remembered it straight away.so she took a look at the receipt oohing and hmming at it.she said she didnt have a clue what it was and how it ended up on my receipt.so i said to her
    1: it must be a function within her til
    2: its the 3rd thing on the receipt-it goes shampoo, conditioner, staff treatment and then hairbrush

claimed she didnt have a clue.she offered me the 4 euro back or a 10euro voucher (only redeemable against hairdressing and i certainly wont be getting my hair done there) so i said no i'll have my 4 euro back thanks.

Chancers!!
    at least you stood up and got it back too many people just brush something like this off as a learning experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Well done for going back in. So many people, myself included, would be unlikely to go back for what could be considered as a meagre amount. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 monty1978

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    I have never got charged this so it must be a store choice or maybe they knew better :D
    Tbh i had a bad experience with a member of staff (receptionist) in Peter Marks and never went back. Only go if i get a gift voucher.
    I was speaking with a member of staff who mentioned that they work on a commission basis therefore the more heads they do the more money they make. Peter Marks had a 20% off promotion there before the Christmas rush and I was told that that 20% was 20% off their wages rather than a company cut.

Anywho, Im not a big fan of Peter Marks for the reason mentioned above and also for the style of cuts they give. As for the €4 'tip', the cheek!!

I've never been charged this either but I went for a cut and highlights before Christmas and when I phoned for the appointment I asked the price of what I wanted done, was told it would be 92.20 euro with the 20% off, went in for my app, when finished went up to pay - they tried charging me more than 10 euro more. They were chancing their arm because when I argued that I was told the previous day on the phone how much it would be they accepted it straight away - no arguing

Advertisement