Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop for animation requirements?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Im hoping to go to Ballyfermot college of further education next year to study Animation.
    My art teacher said I need a macbook in order to do animation,
    but im just wondering would a cheaper laptop do me? (macbooks start at around €900 and i cant really afford it..)
    anyone who is doing or has done a course in animation would be a great help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I wouldn't rec a macbook for an animation student. Mac's are better for graphics and illustration work but don't make much difference for animation plus most of the animation studios in Ireland use PC's as does Ballyer. Outside of Ireland you will find more Mac's esp in the states but your better waiting till your actually on the course before throwing down money. The course organizes getting animations discs made for students and will give you a full specs lists for a computer if you want to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

your teacher hasnt a clue what they are on about......

pc all the way for 3d animation anyway

Advertisement