Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create a World Beta Released

Options
  • 27-12-2009 2:10pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

Maxis have just released the beta to give the ability to create their own worlds!

*downloads*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

About bloody time. Of course, I'll give it a go for about 10 minutes and realise that any place I make is rubbish and end up using the ones already supplied. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

its pretty versatile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I downloaded it about 3 days ago and I can't figure out at all how to use the bl00dy thing! :(

I should be doing my dissertation but I just can't tear myself away from the world creator! :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah its alright once you get your head around it. got a harbouresque area made now. its brilliant!

How do you use it? I still haven't worked it out.

I can make the shapes of lots but how do I put buildings on them?

I'm so confused. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

How do you use it? I still haven't worked it out.

I can make the shapes of lots but how do I put buildings on them?

I'm so confused. :(

Me too, haven't a notion of what I'm supposed to do.

Anyone know if there are tutorials?

http://www.thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/help_en.pdf

its a large enough pdf file, give it some time to load. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I think I'm going mad. I can't see a flipping "sculpt" button anywhere?? :confused:

I see the pain terrain one but nothing to do with SCULPT.

I'm getting annoyed, someone help!

Edit: Pfft, just found it. Panic over :P But is there a way to zoom out? Mine seems to only show a very small piece of land

To zoom in and out you use the + and - buttons beside the backspace button! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I've never heard of this, I'm so out of the loop!

*googles*

• Advertisement
Advertisement