Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main house fuse needed urgently

Options
  • 27-12-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can get a main house fuse 63amp
    urgently? Any/ all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Use 35amp fuse from cooker. Get you out of hole short term.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and don't use the cooker or the electric shower until you get the proper fuse , make sure you go to CT Electric early tomorrow ( before 9) , the electrical wholesalers will only be open an hour or two a day this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    and don't use the cooker or the electric shower until you get the proper fuse , make sure you go to CT Electric early tomorrow ( before 9) , the electrical wholesalers will only be open an hour or two a day this week.

Thanks guys - will be outside CTs bright & early. it's for Two OAPs next door. Their boiler went on Christmas eve and now they've blown the main fuse running fan heaters trying to keep the house warm. I really appreciate the help & advice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Are you sure CT's are open tomorrow? None of the other electrical wholesalers are back till tomorrow week..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Fionagus wrote: »
    Thanks guys - will be outside CTs bright & early. it's for Two OAPs next door. Their boiler went on Christmas eve and now they've blown the main fuse running fan heaters trying to keep the house warm. I really appreciate the help & advice

Get their electric system checked for them asap, it shouldn't have blown if all was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Only home now, have a 63amp here if you're stuck. I'm in Salthill. PM me if you want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Only home now, have a 63amp here if you're stuck. I'm in Salthill. PM me if you want it

Thanks so much for the kind offer. It's much apreciated but I've got them sorted for tonight & have an electrician calling first thing in the morning.

Advertisement